2017-06-19 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-06-19
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian Regrets Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe . Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-06-12 TSC Call Agenda
    • Homework
      • Review message to WGs regarding getting mission and charters to SD for review
      • Determine what criteria we want to capture on the checklist for Mission and Charter reviews for WGs/SDs
  2. Review action items
    • Melva, Jean, John, Calvin will review existing WGs and report at the 2017-06-19 TSC meeting
    • Ken will follow up with Lynn to find out about out of cycle timelines re: upcoming FHIR ballots
    • Calvin will assist with the FHIR naming issue. Lloyd will provide some examples.
    • Ken will draft message to WGs regarding mission and charter review guidelines for review on 2017-06-19 call
    • Anne to add link under additional resources to the TSC wiki for TSC decisions
      • Complete
    • Wayne to ask EC what the costs are for Sunday at WGM so that, along with existing Mon – Fri rate, we could offer a similarly discounted Sunday – Friday rate as well
    • Ken to contact CQI WG regarding inapprorpiate disposition of negatives on HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Clinical Quality Language (CQL)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) - Release 1, STU 2 - US Realm
    • Anne to re-send FHIR path request for e-vote
      • Complete
    • Austin will research instances in which the TSC has asserted that STUs and Normatives should follow the same reconciliation process.
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Publication Request Template review and approval at TSC Tracker 13524
      • Referred by Freida:
        • Unless there is a compelling reason, I suggest we should retain the option for the WG to specify the STU length, vs. assuming all will be 24 months. We have two this week that requested a 12 month STU period.
        • Reference to GOM 13.02.06.02 needs to be updated to “13.02.07.02 Extending the Trial Use Period or Reopening an STU for Trial Use”
        • As GOC liaison, I submitted attached TSC change request to GOM re: STU extensions, thus we will see a clarification in the September GOM after it clears the Peer Review process. The GOC favored iterative 1 year extensions (when warranted), vs. TSC granting a 2 year or 3 year extension request. Just FYI, I think Lynn’s proposed change is in sync with pending GOM revisions.
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with T3SD, ARB, Freida, Giorgio, Jean, SSD-SD, and FTSD voting:
  5. Approval items for this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Voting Procedures for TSC Chair
    2. Voting Procedures for SD Co-Chair
    3. Electronic Voting Pilot
    4. Alignment between Normative and STU Ballot dispositions
    5. STU Extension Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: National Health Care Surveys (NHCS), R1 DSTU Release 1.2 - US Realm at Project Insight 1002 and TSC Tracker 13429 for 28 months
    6. Width/breadth of CIMI project - continued from lat week
    7. Removing co-chair email addresses from www.HL7.org - Wayne
      • Carryover topics from WGM:
        • EST/Tooling update
        • ARB Recommendations to TSC:
          • Project Scope Statements not include acronyms that are not spelled out. Rationale: outsiders will use the search function to find the project. Example is the LOINC – IVD Test Code (LIVD) Mapping – you can search project insight for LIVD, New members would search "invitro device" it will not show up.
          • CIMI project: Should be reviewed for compliance with HL7 processes. Should be requested to produce an integration strategy.
        • Product family addition to support CIMI
        • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
        • Review of draft SGB recommendation on adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    • FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    • Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
      • Paul asks to add topic of interaction with external SDOs.
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-06-12 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent.
    • Homework
      • Review message to WGs regarding getting mission and charters to SD for review
        • Send comments to Ken before Friday.
      • Determine what criteria we want to capture on the checklist for Mission and Charter reviews for WGs/SDs
        • Tony, Lorraine, and Freida will be working on this.
        • Until this is complete, we'll suspend review of M&Cs. Discussion if this changes the regular maintenance review - Austin has an evote out right now on one. Ken states that we said we would suspend the application of WG health for M&Cs until further notice while we're managing this issue. John and Wayne state that was their recollection of the conversation. Austin: Is TSC in agreement that all votes on Mission and Charter be stopped? Wayne: What's the risk of proceeding with the e-vote and modifying it again later? Ken: So we're suspending evaluations of the Missions and Charters except the ones that are already in process - do we agree with that? Group agrees. Ken: My understanding is that we were using this to help us understand next steps for essentialism - is the WG in the right place, do they have overlap - and if they do, we have further discussions and make decisions based on that information. Is that agreed? Calvin: I think that was where we thought we were going. Group agrees. Ken: Tony, Lorraine and Freida will be developing a checklist for review. Is anyone else interested in joining? No volunteers. Anne will send out Doodle poll to set up call for them.
  • Review action items
    • Melva, Jean, John, Calvin will review existing WGs and report at the 2017-06-19 TSC meeting
    • Ken will follow up with Lynn to find out about out of cycle timelines re: upcoming FHIR ballots
    • Calvin will assist with the FHIR naming issue. Lloyd will provide some examples.
    • Ken will draft message to WGs regarding mission and charter review guidelines for review on 2017-06-19 call
    • Anne to add link under additional resources to the TSC wiki for TSC decisions
      • Complete
    • Wayne to ask EC what the costs are for Sunday at WGM so that, along with existing Mon – Fri rate, we could offer a similarly discounted Sunday – Friday rate as well
    • Ken to contact CQI WG regarding inapprorpiate disposition of negatives on HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Clinical Quality Language (CQL)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) - Release 1, STU 2 - US Realm
    • Anne to re-send FHIR path request for e-vote
      • Complete
    • Austin will research instances in which the TSC has asserted that STUs and Normatives should follow the same reconciliation process.
      • Not finding anything recent. Freida notes ANSI had us lower their passage requirements and are not in favor of stronger requirements for anything other than normative. Last conversations were around the last ANSI audit.
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Publication Request Template review and approval at TSC Tracker 13524
      • Referred by Freida:
        • Unless there is a compelling reason, I suggest we should retain the option for the WG to specify the STU length, vs. assuming all will be 24 months. We have two this week that requested a 12 month STU period.
        • Reference to GOM 13.02.06.02 needs to be updated to “13.02.07.02 Extending the Trial Use Period or Reopening an STU for Trial Use”
        • As GOC liaison, I submitted attached TSC change request to GOM re: STU extensions, thus we will see a clarification in the September GOM after it clears the Peer Review process. The GOC favored iterative 1 year extensions (when warranted), vs. TSC granting a 2 year or 3 year extension request. Just FYI, I think Lynn’s proposed change is in sync with pending GOM revisions.
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 0/0/0:
  • Approval items for this week:
  • Discussion topics:
    • Voting Procedures for TSC Chair
    • Voting Procedures for SD Co-Chair
    • Electronic Voting Pilot
    • Alignment between Normative and STU Ballot dispositions
      • We probably should just discuss what we want to do going forward. Freida states we might want to invite GOC to come to TSC meeting to discuss. Freida: ANSI's view is that in reconciliation for STUs you don't have to request for negatives to be withdrawn. Austin: We need more clarity because the language is unclear - lots of wiggle room. Not clear if you have a negative if you can leave it undisposed. Paul: The subject of less rigor needs to be tightened. Discussion over what is stated on the reconciliation spreadsheet. Freida notes that the HL7 Essential Requirements are for Normative only. Austin: There is no definition otherwise of what constitutes various types of dispositions to ballot comments. Freida says there is information in the GOM, which also states there is no requirement to dispose of negatives. GOM change is pending for "consider for future use" for all ballot types, and then we'll need to update the spreadsheets. Ken: We have inconsistent behavior across the board.
      • ACTION: Austin to head up a ballot reconciliation sync project to resolve some of these inconsistency issues and determine if a task force is necessary.
      • Lorraine: Would like to make sure that the requirements go into our go-forward process. Notes the project going on in FHIR-I regarding ballot reconciliation. Wayne: These are slightly different issues. We need to establish the minimal requirements for what must be done for STUs. The JIRA project has been dead for awhile in FHIR-I but is waking up again. Once Lloyd sends his report to Wayne we can compare it with this issue.
    • STU Extension Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: National Health Care Surveys (NHCS), R1 DSTU Release 1.2 - US Realm at Project Insight 1002 and TSC Tracker 13429 for 28 months
      • Reviewed original request. Ken would like to resubmit this. Freida suggests we respond in peer review. GOC didn't want TSC to extend for two years or three years, just 12 months at a time. Paul notes that it says they may request a longer extension but it doesn't say TSC may approve it. Lorraine notes that was the intention, that we could approve longer based on circumstances. Freida agrees. We're getting push back to have language that some of that operational decision making is removed. Wayne: Two things: 1) What's the best process to fix this, and 2) This is indeed very imprecise language. We should not have things that are subject to interpretation. Lorraine: We wanted to remove the maximum number of request. Ken: So we're not willing to resubmit this because it's ambiguous. So we now need to respond to the peer review. Freida: If we want to suggest other wording, we should edit what has been put forth for review. Wayne: We could say "The TSC may approve an extension for one or two years at the request of the WG." Ken will make that suggestion to the GOC.
        • MOTION to submit that the TSC may approve successive STU extensions, typically for one year up to a maximum of three years: Paul/Lorraine
          • Freida notes that the EC can already approve up to five years.
        • VOTE: All in favor
      • Ken asks what we do with this 28 month extension? Ken suggests we should follow what the GOM says and extend it for 24 months. Paul: The current GOM recommendation is that we can't extend it at all if it's been extended before. In this case the EC decides. We can only extend once. Discussion over if it indeed has been extended already or not. Lynn states the original STU publication was only for 18 months starting in May 2015 and they have already had one extension. Paul asks when that one expires? Expires in August. We could make the change and then extend it then. Calvin: Can we just forward to EC with a recommendation?
        • MOTION that TSC recommend to the EC that they approve the 28 month extension: Lorraine/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: John to update the WG
        • ACTION: Wayne to take to EC
      • Ken asks what we do with the other STU extension requests from CDS that had been previously extended. We told them last week to submit Normative but Lorraine is wondering if that's appropriate. Austin notes that in February they received 6 month extensions with instructions to move forward to Normative. All of them have had extensions. Decision that last week's guidance was appropriate and there is no other action until we change the GOM.
    • SDO question from Paul: Doing mapping from X12 to FHIR. Needs to go through formal process to ask them to engage with us. Discussion over process. Ken notes we should have an organizational liaison we can work with. Freida notes there's an MOU with them that has a provision for joint work. Paul: We'd like to send a soft note across letting them know we're looking at this mapping and working to get resources together to do the work before the formal request to do the work.
    • Width/breadth of CIMI project - continued from last week
      • Add to next week
    • Removing co-chair email addresses from www.HL7.org - Wayne
      • Add to next week
    • Carryover topics from WGM:
      • EST/Tooling update
      • ARB Recommendations to TSC:
        • Project Scope Statements not include acronyms that are not spelled out. Rationale: outsiders will use the search function to find the project. Example is the LOINC – IVD Test Code (LIVD) Mapping – you can search project insight for LIVD, New members would search "invitro device" it will not show up.
          • CIMI project: Should be reviewed for compliance with HL7 processes. Should be requested to produce an integration strategy.
        • Product family addition to support CIMI
      • SGB recommendations regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
      • Review of draft SGB recommendation on adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future
        • Add all to next week
  • Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    • FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    • Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.