2017-07-10 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-07-10
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-06-26 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    • Anne to send message to WGs re: Mission and Charter review on behalf of Ken
    • Wayne to circulate CIMI agreement
    • Wayne to provide feedback/edits on M&C Review checklist
    • Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin
    • Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue
    • Austin to report back on ballot reconciliation sync project
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the FHIR-I WG of the FTSD for SMART on FHIR at Project Insight 1341 and TSC Tracker 13578
      • Referred by ARB: Document repository is not on an HL7 managed resource.
      • Referred by Freida: Affirmative based on clarification: 3e Project Objectives / Deliverables / Target Dates (clarification note) - indicates Request STU Publication in September 2017, but listed for ballot in the Initial List of 2017Sep Ballot Pools. Needs to pass ballot prior to publication of course, so perhaps just a misstatement? 100% externally developed, has ARB reviewed (or is “community review” sufficient?)
      • Referred by SSD-SD:
        • The PSS identifies this will be jointly copyrighted with Boston Children’s Hospital. Is there a Joint Copyright agreement in place with Boston Children’s Hospital? One is supposed to be provided to the TSC before we approve this.
        • Since this was 100% externally developed, has the ARB reviewed the content? The PSS asserts that ARB is N/A
    • Review/Approval of Generic Product Family Mission and Charter Template at TSC Tracker 13580
      • Referred by Freida:
        • Does this mean we are adding another tier of approval after SD approval? (Assessing and approving product line-specific project proposals for submission to TSC and Assessing and approving publishing requests for submission to the TSC)
        • Structure – Suggest explicitly stating all members have vote, including ex-officio.
  4. Approval items from last time approved 7/0/0 with T3SD, Jean, Giorgio, Freida, DESD, ARB, and SSD-SD voting.
  5. Approval items for this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. VOTE on new voting procedures for TSC Chair election
    2. Communication roll-out for ballot level change requests - is it a GOM change, etc.
    3. Review of draft SGB recommendation on adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future
    4. Issue regarding merging WGs and existing cochairs - Jean/Anne
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    • FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    • Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting
    • September agenda
      • EST/Tooling Update

Minutes

  • Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
      • Added merging WGs and existing cochairs
      • Melva would like to add approval steps
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-06-26 TSC Call Agenda
      • Accepted via general consent.
  • Review action items
    • Anne to send message to WGs re: Mission and Charter review on behalf of Ken
    • Wayne to circulate CIMI agreement
    • Wayne to provide feedback/edits on M&C Review checklist
    • Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin
    • Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue
    • Austin to report back on ballot reconciliation sync project
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the FHIR-I WG of the FTSD for SMART on FHIR at Project Insight 1341 and TSC Tracker 13578
      • Referred by ARB: Document repository is not on an HL7 managed resource.
        • Tony reports that it is going somewhere on Github, but not the HL7 managed Github.
          • ACTION: Wayne to follow up re: migrating it to the HL7 Github
          • ACTION: Ask them to move
      • Referred by Freida: Affirmative based on clarification: 3e Project Objectives / Deliverables / Target Dates (clarification note) - indicates Request STU Publication in September 2017, but listed for ballot in the Initial List of 2017Sep Ballot Pools. Needs to pass ballot prior to publication of course, so perhaps just a misstatement? 100% externally developed, has ARB reviewed (or is “community review” sufficient?)
        • ARB reports they haven't seen it.
        • ACTION: Ask them to submit to ARB for review
      • Referred by SSD-SD:
        • The PSS identifies this will be jointly copyrighted with Boston Children’s Hospital. Is there a Joint Copyright agreement in place with Boston Children’s Hospital? One is supposed to be provided to the TSC before we approve this.
        • Since this was 100% externally developed, has the ARB reviewed the content? The PSS asserts that ARB is N/A
          • MOTION: Send back to FHIR-I to verify and update the PSS to indicate that the repository that will be used will be the HL7 Github; that it must be reviewed by ARB; and that we need the signed joint copyright agreement: Austin/Tony
          • VOTE: All in favor
    • Review/Approval of Generic Product Family Mission and Charter Template at TSC Tracker 13580
      • Referred by Freida:
        • Does this mean we are adding another tier of approval after SD approval? (Assessing and approving product line-specific project proposals for submission to TSC and Assessing and approving publishing requests for submission to the TSC)
          • FHIR already approves projects in their product family. This adds publishing request approvals. Need to modify existing PSS to accommodate other product families. When would this be implemented - do we need to have it for the 2018 PSS? Austin responds affirmatively that it should be in the 2018 update. Freida will add to change list.
        • Structure – Suggest explicitly stating all members have vote, including ex-officio.
          • Austin agrees and will modify.
            • MOTION to accept the template with the discussed edits: Freida/Paul
            • VOTE: All in favor
  • Discussion topics:
    • VOTE on new voting procedures for TSC Chair election
      • Only current TSC members get to vote for TSC chair. One vote per TSC member as opposed to one vote per steering division. Freida submitted GOM changes. It is an electronic vote that HQ will conduct during the last WGM of the year.
        • ACTION: Review GOM change wording from Freida for voting procedures for TSC chair election.
      • Another proposal is that every WG cochair will have a vote for the Steering Division cochairs as opposed to one vote per WG, which would be in place for next year. Discussion over that creating a preponderance of influence. Andy also notes that it changes WG health measure as well - how would we change that? Currently we have trouble getting one vote per WG. Freida will submit notes in peer review comments and will propose that GOC meets with TSC to discuss at next WGM. Ken: Was there a formal process to change this? Freida: It was attributed to the CTO/TSC chair as a result of the TSC election discussion. Ken: The assertion by the GOC that this was a TSC Chair/CTO issue is incorrect and was never a request from the TSC Chair or CTO.
        • ACTION: Freida will send back a note to the GOC stating that the CTO and TSC chair do not agree with this SD election vote change.
    • Communication roll-out for ballot level change requests - is it a GOM change, etc.
    • Review of draft SGB recommendation on adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future
    • Issue regarding merging WGs and existing cochairs - Jean/Anne
      • Process is not documented. Currently incoming cochairs are not automatically cochairs, they are interim until next election. Others remember other scenarios. Freida suggests that we add to the GOM that it's up to the WGs to determine the disposition of the non-surviving WG cochairs. Calvin: What will happen when we suggest that two groups merge? We could be setting up a problem if groups can't agree how to proceed. Melva: We should have some guidance on this rather than just leaving it to the WGs. The form could list options for how to handle and the group could choose. Melva notes that the most recent issue was when BRIDG cochairs had to become interim cochairs of BR&R instead of full cochairs. Mary Ann Slack is an interim as a result. Discussion over how to handle. Wayne notes an interim cochair is no different than a regular cochair. Melva: When was she due for election? Wayne: We need to document a rule so we have something to enforce.
        • ACTION: Anne to draft update and bring back on 2017-07-24 call. Decision to leave BR&R election as is for the time being.
    • Melva has an issue regarding a PSS that came forward to SD approval related to FHIR. FMG suggested changes, one of which is adding Pharmacy as a cosponsor. That is a significant change that Melva was unaware of. Significant changes should be made before SD approval. Paul: Should go through US Realm and family first. FMG approval is often done in parallel with SD approval and it's causing problems. Andy: Project facilitator should be managing as part of their responsibility. Ken: Product family should see it after WG approval.
      • ACTION: Paul will draft process for review on next week's call.
  • Adjourned at 12:00 pm Eastern
  1. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    • FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    • Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting
    • September agenda
      • EST/Tooling Update

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.