2017-07-17 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-07-17
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm Regrets Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-07-10 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Homework
    1. Review Ballot List for TSC Approval
  3. Review action items
    1. Freida will send back a note to the GOC stating that the CTO and TSC chair do not agree with the SD election vote change
    2. Paul will draft process for order of PSS review
    3. Anne to draft update of how to handle existing cochairs with WG mergers and bring back on 2017-07-24 call
    4. Wayne to circulate CIMI agreement
    5. Wayne to provide feedback/edits on M&C Review checklist
    6. Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin
    7. Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue
    8. Austin to report back on ballot reconciliation sync project
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
  5. Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    • SMART on FHIR:
      • Wayne to followup re: migrating document repository to the HL7-managed Github
      • Anne to ask them to submit for ARB review
      • Anne to followup on joint copyright agreement with Boston Children's Hospital
        • Proposed joint copyright agreement submitted; they edited it to remove the 90 day requirement that documents be made available to members only after normative publication
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with Jean, Freida, ARB, T3SD, DESD, Giorgio, and SSD-SD voting:
  7. Approval items for this week:
  8. Discussion topics:
    1. VMR Issue from SGB discussion - Paul/Lorraine/Austin
    2. Revised Ballot Process PSS - Lorraine
    3. Reappointments of SGB members/candidates for provider role - Wayne
    4. Communication roll-out for ballot level change requests - is it a GOM change, etc.
    5. Review of draft SGB recommendation on adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future
  9. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    2. FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    3. Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting
    4. September agenda
      • EST/Tooling Update

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-07-10 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
  2. Homework
    1. Review Ballot List for TSC Approval
  3. Review action items
    1. Freida will send back a note to the GOC stating that the CTO and TSC chair do not agree with the SD election vote change
      • Complete
    2. Paul will draft process for order of PSS review
      • Add for next week
    3. Anne to draft update of how to handle existing cochairs with WG mergers and bring back on 2017-07-24 call
      • Working on it with Linda and will have draft next week
    4. Wayne to circulate CIMI agreement
      • Wayne circulated to leadership. Questions around CIMI.org and what needed to be brought in to HL7 managed websites. Will go through EST before coming back to TSC.
    5. Wayne to provide feedback/edits on M&C Review checklist
      • Complete. Sent back to Ken for review.
        • ACTION: Send to steering divisions for application
    6. Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin
      • Add for next week
    7. Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue
      • Add for next week
    8. Austin to report back on ballot reconciliation sync project
      • Will have report by the WGM
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
  5. Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    • SMART on FHIR:
      • Wayne to followup re: migrating document repository to the HL7-managed Github
        • It will be migrated
      • Anne to ask them to submit for ARB review
        • ARB will review this week
      • Anne to follow up on joint copyright agreement with Boston Children's Hospital
        • Proposed joint copyright agreement submitted; they edited it to remove the 90 day requirement that documents be made available to members only after normative publication
          • ACTION: Anne to follow up with Karen on signed agreement
          • ACTION: Anne to add to next week's agenda
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with Jean, Freida, ARB, T3SD, DESD, Giorgio, and SSD-SD voting:
  7. Approval items for this week:
  8. Discussion topics:
    1. VMR Issue from SGB discussion - Paul/Lorraine/Austin
      • Lorraine describes issue. There was a content review team that assessed VMR content going to ballot - there were concerns about them creating content that was divergent from our existing standards. Recommendations were made regarding what they needed to do before going normative. Concern regarding if the recommendations have been followed. Paul: We expected to review the content against the criteria but that has not been completed yet. Now that their STUs have expired, they're taking the content to normative ballot in part because of TSC recommendation. Lorraine states they report that they've done work on the datatypes. Wayne: Have they been asked if they followed the requirements? Lorraine: Ken Kawamoto reported that they believe they followed the requirements, but Lorraine is less confident. Discussion over why we didn't extend the STU; it was because our current rules don't allow us. Would have to ask EC, although that's for standards named in regulation only and this is not that. Paul: The TSC can decide to let them go ahead to normative; decide to ask EC to give them an STU extension; or ask committee to hold back and allow the STUs to lapse in September and resurrect them when we have that capacity. If we let it go to ballot, we could address the issues through ballot comment. John: PHER has had similar issues. The lack of STU comments suggests they did get it right. Austin: They don't have to ballot. They can continue working on the piece they really want, which is FHIR. They don't have to either ballot or renew. Lorraine: There are people in the WG who do want this to continue. Austin: If they're able to, those groups who originally commented on it should conduct a review during the ballot. That seems to be the most reasonable approach. Paul is comfortable with that as an approach.
    2. Revised Ballot Process PSS - Lorraine
      • Steering Divisons became cosponsors; do we need WG cosponsors? Paul is reluctant to dilute the voices of WGs.
        • ACTION: Wayne to contact Lloyd regarding requirements
        • ACTION: Anne to check first two boxes in cosponsor sections for steering divisions
    3. Reappointments of SGB members/candidates for provider role - Wayne
      • Three members expire in September and need to be reaffirmed: Paul, Austin, Russ
      • Looking to add an additional member to cover the provider role. Would like to add two: Thompson Kuhn and Sandy Stuart.
      • Paul's SGB chair position needs to be considered for reappointment by the TSC
        • ACTION: Add co-chair reappointment, additional member appointments, and member reappointments to next week's agenda when Wayne can make a motion.
    4. Communication roll-out for ballot level change requests - is it a GOM change, etc.
      • ACTION: Anne to research if/when we approved it and what the changes are.
    5. Review of draft SGB recommendation on adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future
      • Group reviews. Freida sent earlier version to GOC and will retrofit this to what GOC proposed; will be going for peer review.
    6. Lorraine updates on private Git repositories. EST has been discussing the large number of things on platforms not managed by HL7 as is required. Working on a process for WGs getting their material back within the HL7 managed environment. Wayne asks where the policy is; Freida notes that it at least is in the project scope statement. Maybe we need to extract it and post it under TSC guidance. Lorraine and David working on guidance document.
  9. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
      • Making progress
    2. FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    3. Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting
    4. September agenda
      • EST/Tooling Update

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.