2017-08-07 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Wayne Kubick Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
. Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe . Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-07-31 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to follow up with Josh/Grahame regarding soliciting comments on the non-HL7 Github; also the issue of using Github rather than tracker or spreadsheet
    2. Paul will draft process for order of PSS review
    3. Ken to send final Mission and Charter Review Checklist to steering divisions for use in review process
    4. Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin
    5. Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue
    6. Austin toreport back on ballot reconciliation sync project by September WGM
    7. Ken to follow up with Calvin on ballot level change request process/communication rollout
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. STU Extension Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) pulse oximetry screening results, Release 1 for 12 months at Project Insight 897 and TSC Tracker 13713
      • Referred by SSD-SD: This has received an STU extension in the past, so I think our hands are tied until the GOM is updated. It should be forwarded to the Executive Committee for approval instead.
    2. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for Cross-Paradigm Storyboard Artifact: Payer Value-Based Care Perspective at Project Insight 1347 and TSC Tracker 13714
      • Referred by Freida: Is this really a new product, or does it fit in an existing family/product line?
      • Referred by SSD-SD:
        • Storyboards are nothing new, they’ve been in V3 from the beginning, so this doesn’t appear to be a new product type, instead its part of a V3 product today.
        • In section 5 Project Intent, the N/A box is checked, yet in 5.a. the Informative box is checked. I think they should have “Create new Standard” checked in 5.
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5/0/0 with DESD, ARB, Freida, SSD, and Jean voting:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the ARB for HL7 Specification: Domain Analysis Model Specifications and Requirements - Canonical Definition Release 1 at Project Insight 763 and TSC Tracker 13712
  5. Approval items for this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Comments/concerns on GOM Updates
    2. Staggering SGB terms
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Revised ballot process PSS - still need T3SD approval, requirements
    2. Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    3. FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    4. Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting
    5. September agenda
      • EST/Tooling Update
      • FHIR Normative ballot issues

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • Bob Thompson arrived several times and was dismissed as he would not announce himself.
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-07-31 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to follow up with Josh/Grahame regarding soliciting comments on the non-HL7 Github; also the issue of using Github rather than tracker or spreadsheet
      • Complete. Will be formalized as a policy.
    2. Paul will draft process for order of PSS review
      • Reviewed document from Paul. Freida notes that affiliate and US Realm come before WG approval, although that's been debated. Paul suggests generalizing US Realm to affiliate. Discussion over realistic order. Discussion over ARB review timing. Should be part of SD review.
        • Paul will update with suggestions.
    3. Ken to send final Mission and Charter Review Checklist to steering divisions for use in review process
      • Add for next week
    4. Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin
      • Add for next week
    5. Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue
      • Two patterns that we have to decide between; will generate some samples Add for next week.
    6. Austin to report back on ballot reconciliation sync project by September WGM
      • Will have report next week or the week after.
    7. Ken to follow up with Calvin on ballot level change request process/communication rollout
      • Calvin will resubmit the powerpoint to Anne who will send out for review.
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. STU Extension Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) pulse oximetry screening results, Release 1 for 12 months at Project Insight 897 and TSC Tracker 13713
      • Referred by SSD-SD: This has received an STU extension in the past, so I think our hands are tied until the GOM is updated. It should be forwarded to the Executive Committee for approval instead.
        • ACTION: Wayne to forward to EC
    2. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for Cross-Paradigm Storyboard Artifact: Payer Value-Based Care Perspective at Project Insight 1347 and TSC Tracker 13714
      • Referred by Freida: Is this really a new product, or does it fit in an existing family/product line?
      • Referred by SSD-SD:
        • Storyboards are nothing new, they’ve been in V3 from the beginning, so this doesn’t appear to be a new product type, instead its part of a V3 product today.
        • In section 5 Project Intent, the N/A box is checked, yet in 5.a. the Informative box is checked. I think they should have “Create new Standard” checked in 5.
          • MOTION to approve with correction: Lorraine/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the ARB for HL7 Specification: Domain Analysis Model Specifications and Requirements - Canonical Definition Release 1 at Project Insight 763 and TSC Tracker 13712
  5. Approval items for this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Comments/concerns on GOM Updates
      • Extension process: Group agrees that it should be reverted back to prior language. This is only about STU, not normative.
        • MOTION that the TSC recommends reverting back to original language: Lorraine/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • Remainder will be handled through block vote.
      • WG change template:
        • MOTION to recommend updating it to say complete/submit consistently and change the word template to request.
      • Chair election:
        • MOTION to clarify that vice-chair does not get a vote
      • Considered for future use:
        • Freida describes GOC hesitation on this. GOC recommends that we not change the GOM of HL7 ER and consider it a flavor of our current dispositions. Lorraine doesn't think that considered for future use is a flavor of not related. Austin agrees. Lorraine suggests face-to-face conversation. Needs to be sorted out before FHIR goes normative. Decision not to make the change in this round and discuss in San Diego. Freida will ask about GOC availability to meet with GOC.
      • DMP: Only amendments should need to be reviewed. Every WG will follow the general template; if someone changes something, who should review? Discussion over adding review step. Decision to pull this one until next cycle when we know what the template will look like.
      • Co-branded events: Austin suggests that the out of cycle meeting request form should include a question regarding co-branding
        • ACTION: Review the form at the next meeting.
          • MOTION to recommend the withdrawal of two items and approval of the others with the recommended changes: Lorraine/Calvin
          • VOTE: All in favor
    2. Staggering SGB terms
      • SGB will determine what the terms should have been; currently everyone is expiring at the same time. Will work on it on Wednesday's call.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.