2017-08-14 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-08-14
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian Regrets Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe Regrets Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-08-07 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Paul to update process for order of PSS review with suggestions from 2017-08-07 call
    2. Ken to send final Mission and Charter Review Checklist to steering divisions for use in review process
    3. Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin
    4. Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue
    5. Austin to report back on ballot reconciliation sync project by September WGM
    6. Calvin to resubmit powerpoint on ballot level change request for Anne to send out
    7. Wayne to forward STU Extension request by the PHER WG for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) pulse oximetry screening results, Release 1 to EC for consideration
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. None
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. STU Publication Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® Release 2 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting, Release 1 STU 2 - US Realm at Project Insight 859 and TSC Tracker 13748
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Review Out of Cycle Meeting Request form
    2. Staggering SGB terms
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • We suspect Bob Thompson is now arriving as Anne W. Discussion over adding a password to this meeting. Ken states it's fine to have guests attend and monitor TSC activities, but it's not okay to come to the call and not introduce yourself and your intentions. "Bob" has been asked many times by Ken and Anne to introduce himself and he won't. Discussion over adding a password to TSC calls. Lorraine asks how we communicate the password to people who should be on the call? John: The real problem isn't disseminating the password, it's when someone gets hold of the password and we have to send out a new one on the fly. Paul: From a practical perspective it's likely not going to work. Discussion over whether the overhead of having a password is worth the return. Lorraine: The balance depends on the type of call. For the board it makes sense. For general calls, the balance of risk/benefit is on the other side. Decision that we want a password on this call. Sandy suggests that if we have a sensitive topic, we put a password on that call. Group agrees. We'll have executive session in that case.
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-08-07 TSC Call Agenda
      • Ken clarifies update to minutes in item 6 bullet 1. Group agrees it is an appropriate update.
      • Minutes accepted via general consent.
  2. Review action items
    1. Paul to update process for order of PSS review with suggestions from 2017-08-07 call
      • Add for next week
    2. Ken to send final Mission and Charter Review Checklist to steering divisions for use in review process
      • Ken sent it out. Discussion over using it at the SD meeting at the cochair dinner in addition to TSC review on Saturday. Discussion over the last bullet regarding WG health; Ken clarifies that it's to surface groups that are struggling and those who are just competing tasks to get the points but who are not really functional. The conversation is really about if the group belongs in the steering division they're in or not and if they're viable as a WG. Discussion over how to respond to the last question in different scenarios. Ken would like to see cochairs receive facilitator training. SD chairs note that not all WGs have submitted yet but that they're pulling them together and sending reminders. Discussion over how quickly the reviews can be complete? Can they be done before the WGM? SSD will likely not have it complete for one of the calls before the WGM, but DESD, T3SD and FTSD think they can have a draft by the 28th.
        • Anne to set up a private place on Gforge where people can post.
    3. Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin
    4. Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue
    5. Austin to report back on ballot reconciliation sync project by September WGM
    6. Calvin to resubmit powerpoint on ballot level change request for Anne to send out
    7. Wayne to forward STU Extension request by the PHER WG for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) pulse oximetry screening results, Release 1 to EC for consideration
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. Review Out of Cycle Meeting Request form
      • Needed to review in terms of co-branded events. Also, is it drawing attendance away from WGM?
      • Could add start and end date/calculation of number of days away from nearest WGM. Need to capture if this is being held with another organization - will it be co-branded, and will there be other meetings surrounding it? Discussion over co-branding vs. co-locating. "Is this being held in conjunction with another organization or SDO?"
        • ACTION: Anne to ask if an agreement/SOU has to be in place for a WG to hold an official OOC or joint meeting with another organization
    2. Staggering SGB terms
      • Lorraine, 2018; Tony, 2050; Austin, 2019; Rik, 2018
      • MOTION to approve updated terms: Paul/Sandy
      • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Adjourned at 12:02 PM Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.