2017-08-28 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-08-28
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin Regrets Tony Julian Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick Lorraine Constable Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x "Sarah Weezler" x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
  2. Review action items
    1. Paul to update process for order of PSS review with suggestions from 2017-08-07 call
      • Wayne would like to set expectations on what these cycles should take in time
      • Paul will send to PSC who owns the PSS.
    2. Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin
    3. Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue
    4. Austin to report back on ballot reconciliation sync project by September WGM
    5. Calvin to resubmit powerpoint on ballot level change request for Anne to send out
      • View Calvin's document here
    6. Wayne - EC results of STU Extension request by the PHER WG for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) pulse oximetry screening results, Release 1
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. STU Publication Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® Release 2 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting, Release 1 STU 2 - US Realm at Project Insight 859 and TSC Tracker 13748
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Project Approval by the ARB for Enhancement of the HL7 Standards Grid at Project Insight 1327 and TSC Tracker 13774
    2. STU Publication Request by the SDWG of the SSDSD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: NHSN Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) Reports Release 3, STU 2—US Realm for 24 months at Project Insight 1192 and TSC Tracker 13767
    3. STU Update Publication Request by the CQI of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Clinical Quality Language (CQL)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF),Release 1, STU Release 2.1 - US Realm for 24 months at Project Insight 1142 and TSC Tracker 13766
  5. Discussion topics:
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Revised ballot process PSS - still need T3SD approval, requirements
    2. Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    3. FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    4. Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting
    5. September agenda
      • EST/Tooling Update
      • FHIR Normative ballot issues

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • Sarah Weezler present; did not respond to requests to identify. Eventually dismissed from the meeting.
    • Agenda review and approval -
      • Agenda approved.
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-08-21 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent.
    • Review WGM Agenda 2017-09-09_TSC_WGM_Agenda
      • Ken reviews. No updates. Any updates on Mission and Charter reviews? Discussion over whether WGs are supposed to review first. Clarified that it's not a requirement.
      • Ken notes that next week's call is cancelled.
  2. Review action items
    1. Paul to update process for order of PSS review with suggestions from 2017-08-07 call
      • Item complete.
      • Wayne would like to set expectations on what these cycles should take in time
      • Paul will send to PSC who owns the PSS.
    2. Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin
      • Melva and John did domain experts and pulled the comments into that report. Will add separate report to the tracker.
    3. Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue
      • Add to WGM agenda
    4. Austin to report back on ballot reconciliation sync project by September WGM
      • Add to WGM agenda
    5. Calvin to resubmit powerpoint on ballot level change request for Anne to send out
      • View Calvin's document here
        • Group reviews updated slide. Question is how do we implement it? 1) Any place where we currently document this process should be updated to reflect this timeline. Andy notes that the co-chair handbook notes this and should be an appendix. Wayne states we could put it on the TSC Resource page and then announce that updates will be made to the handbook.
          • Calvin will update to make it a single slide for posting and send to Anne.
    6. Wayne - EC results of STU Extension request by the PHER WG for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) pulse oximetry screening results, Release 1
      • Will be discussed on the EC call today.
  3. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Revised ballot process PSS - still need T3SD approval, requirements - forwarded to Lloyd with requested changes by Andy
      • Approval was achieved and notification sent to facilitator. Waiting for updated PSS to come to TSC.
    2. Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process - in process
    3. FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame - Grahame still has some requirements work to do
      • SGB has been discussing. The written update discusses two resources but there were 23 others. Paul is looking at the list and is confirming with the WGs that they were approved to go as STU. Should we ask Grahame to come to Friday SGB? Paul agrees. WG determines the level at which they want to ballot; TSC approves, announcement is made. Ballot opens, closes, reconciliation happens, document is published. Ballot level determines publication level. 23 resources went into the ballot as draft but were published as STU. Of the ones that have reported back, all of the dates of approval to ballot as STU are around or after the date of publication - therefore retroactive approval. Melva notes that many WGs may not have thought to approve ballot level, although Pharmacy did. Wayne notes that the complication is that these are small pieces of a specification. Need to work out how we change the process for next time. May blanket bless this but then look at process. Melva: We need to look at other things with the FHIR ballot process as well. Discussion over the fact that it was approved for publication before it came together and we need to not do that next time.
        • ACTION: Add to Sunday agenda
    4. Co-branding of standards - Wayne notes that we haven't covered all the bases on this issue. John notes a PHER standard is coming forth that present an issue like this - not exactly joint copyright. Discussion over groups trying to do this without an HL7 project. Discussion over external things that have been balloted without the ability to make any changes. Wayne asks if we should define a new category that doesn't imply endorsement or co-branding but allows publication. Freida: We did create a process for white papers that are published by the WG on the WGs list or wiki, and we do have as section for adopting or endorsing externally developed implementation guides. Our agreements often have details in them about publishing or branding stuff.
      • ACTION: Anne to add to Sunday agenda
    5. Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting
    6. September agenda
      • EST/Tooling Update
      • FHIR Normative ballot issues

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.