2017-10-09 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search


TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-10-09
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin Regrets Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
Regrets Wayne Kubick Regrets Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe . Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. Floyd Eisenberg, co-chair elect . x Mary Kay McDaniel, co-chair elect .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-10-02 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Follow-up on Podiatry Profile/Functional Model PSS - Austin/Calvin
    2. Anne to post Calvin's ballot level change powerpoint slide to the TSC Resource page
    3. Austin to draft communication to WGs giving them clarification and instructions on how to handle ballot reconciliation using the language currently in the GOM
    4. Ken asks TSC members to review the document in the gforge drive and make comments for review
    5. Ken to report back on Board discussion regarding education initiatives
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD for Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guidance for Medical Device Data Sharing with Enterprise Health Systems at Project Insight 1309 and TSC Tracker 13927 (revised)
      • Referred by Freida: Minor modification, suggest they modify title to change “Implementation Guidance” to “Implementation Guide” – §5. Project Intent states they are developing an IG (e.g. Product Type is IG).
    2. Review and approval of CIMI Management Group Mission and Charter at TSC Tracker 13994
      • Referred by Freida:
        • Does the statement "Implementation guidance for the appropriate use of products" mean CIMI-MG means to publish guidance documents? If yes, is this within scope of the management group? D
        • Does SGB composition need to be revised to include liaison from each Management Group based on the statement "At least one member to serve as liaison to SGB?"
  4. Approval items from last week approved 5/0/0 with Freida, DESD, T3SD, SSD-SD and Giorgio voting:
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Project Approval Request by the US Realm Steering Committee for US FHIR Core Updates at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 14025
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Publication Request Template question from PBS Metrics team on STU timeline
      • The GOM suggests a maximum 24 month publication timeline for STUs, but does not state it is an absolute maximum for initial publication
    2. Essentialism, continued
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Steering Divisions: process Mission and Charter updates
    2. Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    3. Architecture and Tooling

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Approve Minutes of 2017-10-02 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Follow-up on Podiatry Profile/Functional Model PSS - Austin/Calvin
    2. Anne to post Calvin's ballot level change powerpoint slide to the TSC Resource page
    3. Austin to draft communication to WGs giving them clarification and instructions on how to handle ballot reconciliation using the language currently in the GOM and HL7 ER
      • Outstanding question on review ballots. Freida reports that GOC stated that all negatives need to be voted on; instructions will be re-written after the audit is over. The instructions for review ballots are ambiguous currently regarding negatives. The revision will make it clear that they need to deal with negatives. Until that's in the GOM, it will have to be listed as a best practice.
    4. Ken asks TSC members to review the document in the gforge drive and make comments for review
      • First pass is to realign steering divisions to new name, then move WGs into proper steering divisions. Some confusion over new comments vs. things discussed in San Diego. Ken asks if we're agreeing on the high level structure? Discussion over whether ARB is governance or methodology. PIC and Project Services should be removed from Methodology. Decision to wait on the decision until Wayne/ARB representatives are present.
    5. Ken to report back on Board discussion regarding education initiatives
      • Ken reviewed minutes. No goals listed were getting rid of the WG. Potential is that there was a discussion elsewhere but it wasn't at the board. Ken reviews the goals Sadhana presented. Ken thinks the discussion happened at the Education meeting and perhaps at EC regarding their status as a WG. Discussion over TSC's role. Decision to let the process go forth and respond if necessary.
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD for Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guidance for Medical Device Data Sharing with Enterprise Health Systems at Project Insight 1309 and TSC Tracker 13927 (revised)
      • Referred by Freida: Minor modification, suggest they modify title to change “Implementation Guidance” to “Implementation Guide” – §5. Project Intent states they are developing an IG (e.g. Product Type is IG).
        • MOTION to approve with clarification on whether it's a guidance document or an implementation guide: Freida/Sandy
        • VOTE: All in favor
    2. Review and approval of CIMI Management Group Mission and Charter at TSC Tracker 13994
      • Referred by Freida:
        • Does the statement "Implementation guidance for the appropriate use of products" mean CIMI-MG means to publish guidance documents? If yes, is this within scope of the management group?
          • Suggestion to add "CIMI" in front of products in that sentence. Implementation guidance seems to be more of a methodology activity.
        • Does SGB composition need to be revised to include liaison from each Management Group based on the statement "At least one member to serve as liaison to SGB?"
          • Paul clarifies it's just to have someone to take issues back and forth - they wouldn't be a member of SGB. Ken asks if SGB charter supports liaisons - Paul will check. Austin states that SGB should review whether CIMI product perspective is covered on SGB.
          • ACTION: SGB to review concept of liaison role to SGB
            • MOTION to table this document as we wait for an update: Austin/Sandy
            • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Publication Request Template question from PBS Metrics team on STU timeline
      • The GOM suggests a maximum 24 month publication timeline for STUs, but does not state it is an absolute maximum for initial publication
        • Review reveals discrepancy between 13.02.07 and 13.02.07.02 regarding extending from the original publication or the close of the original STU period. Decision that we want 5 years beyond the original STU period, potentially equaling 7 years total. Discussion over changing the statement from guideline for trial use period is from one to two years to "The trial use period shall be either one or two years." Group agrees.
          • ACTION: Freida to forward to GOC
          • ACTION: Anne to make updates and bring back.
    2. Essentialism, continued
  5. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Steering Divisions: process Mission and Charter updates
    2. Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    3. Architecture and Tooling

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.