2017-11-06 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler . Sandra Stuart
. Floyd Eisenberg, Co-chair Elect . . Mary Kay McDaniel, Co-chair Elect .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-10-30 TSC Call Agenda
    4. Availability of TSC members for 2017-11-20 meeting?
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin to draft communication to WGs giving them clarification and instructions on how to handle ballot reconciliation using the language currently in the GOM and HL7 ER
    2. Freida to update the language for the GOM change re: extensions and bring back to TSC for review
    3. EST to review expired STUs not appearing on STU page as they do on the main standards grid.
    4. Withdrawal Process Actions:
      • Anne to add line "Feedback collection mechanism" to template - "describe the means by which you'll collect comments on this withdrawal and provide link"
      • Anne to delete Gforge from tracker section and state "tracking number assigned and tracking system used."
      • EST to evaluate comment collection mechanisms
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Common Clinical Registry Framework, Release 1 at Project Insight 1271 and TSC Tracker 14108
      • Referred by ARB: Content to be published is NOT on an HL7 managed website.
    2. STU Extension Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SS-SD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Questionnaire Form Definition Document, Release 1 at Project Insight 335 and TSC Tracker 14110 for 12 months.
      • Referred by ARB: Are they asking for 12 months because it is a perceived constraint?
    3. STU Extension Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Questionnaire Response Document, Release 1 at Project Insight 336 and TSC Tracker 14109 for 12 months.
      • Referred by ARB: Are they asking for 12 months because it is a perceived constraint?
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with Giorgio, Jean, ARB, SSD-SD, Wayne, T3SD, Freida, and DESD voting :
    1. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for HL7 FHIR Profile: Quality, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1125 and TSC Tracker 14106
    2. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the DESD for FHIR Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) at Project Insight 1366 and TSC Tracker 14107
      • Comment from DESD: The very last question, split over a page break, concerning copyright/distribution agreement, should be marked “NA”.
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. STU Extension Request from the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Consolidated CDA Templates for Clinical Notes (US Realm) Draft Standard for Trial Use Release 2.1 at Project Insight 1014 for 24 months at Project Insight 1014 and TSC Tracker 14128
    2. Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of the DESD for Clinical Decision Support (CDS) for Immunizations FHIR Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1342 and TSC Tracker 14135
    3. Project Approval Request from the Pharmacy WG of the DESD for MedicationKnowledge FHIR Resource at Project Insight 1365 and TSC Tracker 14134
    4. Project Approval Request from the OO WG of the SSD-SD for Transplant, Transfusion, and Grafts on FHIR at Project Insight 1370 and TSC Tracker 14133
    5. Project Approval Request from the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Infectious Disease at Project Insight 1376 and TSC Tracker 14132
    6. Project Approval Request from the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Nutrition, Release 1 (US Realm) at Project Insight 1371 and TSC Tracker 14131
    7. Project Approval Request from the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Release 2 at Project Insight 931 and TSC Tracker 14130
    8. Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of teh SSD-SD for Composite Knowledge Artifact Conceptual Model at Project Insight 1374 and TSC Tracker 14129
    9. Withdrawal Request by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 FHIR Profile: Guideline Appropriate Ordering, Release 1 at Project Insight 1210 and TSC Tracker 13579
    10. Withdrawal Request by the CBCC WG of the DESD for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Semantic Health Information Performance and Privacy Standard (SHIPPS), Release 1 at Project Insight 724 and TSC Tracker 14012
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. MOTION to nominate John Roberts as ad-hoc GOM expert beginning 2018-01-01: Lorraine
    2. Review cimi.hl7.org
    3. Review of new DMP templates
    4. Further discussion on Product Life Cycle Management Strategy from SGB
      • SGB to review comments on 2017-11-08 call. Need to remove individual products, groups that haven't been stood up yet, and add best practice language for non-product management groups
    5. Revised SGB Mission and Charter and boilerplate Mission and Charter - Paul/Austin
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Essentialism - will review on 2017-12-04 call
    2. January Agenda:
      • ARB GOM change

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Agenda review and approval -
      • Question from Structured Docs on substantive change - content won't change, just the appearance of the content
    2. Approve Minutes of 2017-10-30 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes approved via general consent
    3. Availability of TSC members for 2017-11-20 meeting?
      • Lorraine, Calvin out. Shouldn't have problem meeting quorum based on other responses.
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin to draft communication to WGs giving them clarification and instructions on how to handle ballot reconciliation using the language currently in the GOM and HL7 ER
      • Austin sent out the Normative piece for TSC review. Found a conflict in the ER - 2.08 says it's okay to go back to ballot if reconciliation cannot be completed by the end of the tenth month, but 2.14 says that reconciliation must be complete before balloting the same content. Austin recommends making it clear and having them both agree. Paul interprets it to mean that if you can't post the normative within ten months, then you can post it complete after that and go to ballot, not proceed to publication. One creates the requirement to go to ballot and the other says you must complete reconciliation before re-balloting or publishing. Ken: Hearing that we would like to deprecate 2.08 and add to 2.14. Lorraine: Can you go back to ballot if the changes aren't applied? If they do that, they should declare what hasn't been applied. Austin: 2.08 needs to be changed to reflect that that it needs to be wrapped up before doing anything further. Freida notes that the GOC is going to centralize balloting instructions, and we shouldn't introduce new ballot dispositions that are not in the GOM or ER. Not Persuasive with Mod and Persuasive with Mod aren't in the ER. Need to ask Karen to review these. Discussion over ramifications of taking away the Mods. Ken takes a straw vote on the thoughts of the group on keeping mods. Majority of group agrees with expanding what we have to include mods; Freida states we will need to be extremely clear on why. Ken states that Karen should join us on the 27th.
        • ACTION: Austin to suggest edits to 2.08
        • ACTION: Lorraine to draft language around applying changes before re-balloting
        • ACTION: All to review Austin's draft on normative reconciliation for next week
    2. Freida to update the language for the GOM change re: extensions and bring back to TSC for review
      • Group review the changes distributed by Freida. Made edits to 13.02.07.02
        • MOTION to approve as edited: Freida/Lorraine
        • VOTE: Wayne and Tony opposed.
      • Wayne states 12 years is too long for a trial period. That is not a trial state; we should come up with a different name for it. Freida states that a change like that will not be complete before this release. Tony states that this says we don't need to do any Normative balloting; the STU can just be extended forever. Paul: If the reason that we're doing this is to support regulatory issues, perhaps we should deal with those on their own. Lorraine: The point of doing this was for the TSC to be able to decide if it should be extended or not. There are valid reasons to extend other than regulatory issues. Wayne: We could approve this now and fill in the gap later. Could create something like a provisional standard that is subject to changes.
        • VOTE: Paul, Tony, and Wayne opposed. Calvin and Austin abstain. In favor: Freida, Andy, John, Ken.
    3. EST to review expired STUs not appearing on STU page as they do on the main standards grid.
    4. Withdrawal Process Actions:
      • Anne to add line "Feedback collection mechanism" to template - "describe the means by which you'll collect comments on this withdrawal and provide link"
      • Anne to delete Gforge from tracker section and state "tracking number assigned and tracking system used."
        • Add to next week's agenda
      • EST to evaluate comment collection mechanisms
        • Add to next week's agenda
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Common Clinical Registry Framework, Release 1 at Project Insight 1271 and TSC Tracker 14108
      • Referred by ARB: Content to be published is NOT on an HL7 managed website.
        • MOTION to ask the WG to remove the materials from Google docs and move to an HL7 website for publishing, and update and reissue the publication request: John/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
    2. STU Extension Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SS-SD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Questionnaire Form Definition Document, Release 1 at Project Insight 335 and TSC Tracker 14110 for 12 months.
      • Referred by ARB: Are they asking for 12 months because it is a perceived constraint?
        • Austin reports that the group feels 12 months is sufficient.
    3. STU Extension Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Questionnaire Response Document, Release 1 at Project Insight 336 and TSC Tracker 14109 for 12 months.
      • Referred by ARB: Are they asking for 12 months because it is a perceived constraint?
        • MOTION to approve both extensions: Tony/Austin
        • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Substantive change issue from Austin
      • Lorraine: A change in which the information is presented is not a substantive change. Paul: Unless it was in some way diminished, perhaps changing from body to exemplar. Austin: We are doing a substantial review of the content because of the formatting changes to make sure the meaning isn't changed at all. Freida: Looking at the definition in the HL7 ER, it doesn't meet any of those criteria.
    2. MOTION to nominate John Roberts as ad-hoc GOM expert beginning 2018-01-01: Lorraine/Freida
      • VOTE: All in favor
    3. Review cimi.hl7.org
      • Add to next week's agenda
    4. Review of new DMP templates
      • Add to next week's agenda
    5. Further discussion on Product Life Cycle Management Strategy from SGB
      • SGB to review comments on 2017-11-08 call. Need to remove individual products, groups that haven't been stood up yet, and add best practice language for non-product management groups
        • Add to next week's agenda
    6. Revised SGB Mission and Charter and boilerplate Mission and Charter - Paul/Austin
      • Add to next week's agenda

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.