2017-11-13 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau Regrets Freida Hall, GOM Expert
Regrets Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
. Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler . Sandra Stuart
x Floyd Eisenberg, Co-chair Elect . x Mary Kay McDaniel, Co-chair Elect .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-11-06 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin to draft edits to section 2.08 of the HL7 Essential Requirements
    2. Lorraine to draft language around the application of changes before re-balloting content
    3. All: Review austin's draft on normative reconciliation (sent to TSC Admins listserv)
    4. Common Clinical Registry Framework Publication Request: DESD to ask the CIC WG to remove the materials from Google docs and move to an HL7 website for publishing, and update and reissue the publication request
    5. EST to review expired STUs not appearing on STU page as they do on the main standards grid.
    6. Withdrawal Process Actions:
      • Anne to add line "Feedback collection mechanism" to template - "describe the means by which you'll collect comments on this withdrawal and provide link"
      • Anne to delete Gforge from tracker section and state "tracking number assigned and tracking system used."
      • EST to evaluate comment collection mechanisms
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the PHER WG of the SSD-SDfor Clinical Decision Support (CDS) for Immunizations FHIR Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1342 and [https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=14135&start=0 TSC Tracker 14135
      • Referred by ARB, SSD-SD, T3SD: Missing FMG approval date. The work group is incorrectly identified as CDS, it should be PHER. CDS is in the SSD-SD.
        • Notes from Anne: Fixed error on WG/SD. FMG approval date was 2017-10-18
      • Referred by DESD: Note that Universal Realm claimed but no obvious internation participation, and use of some US based artifacts, e.g. vocabulary CVX
    2. Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of teh SSD-SD for Composite Knowledge Artifact Conceptual Model at Project Insight 1374 and TSC Tracker 14129
      • Referred by T3SD: Requires FMG approval because of FHIR involvement
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6-0-0 with ARB, Giorgio SSD-SD, T3SD, DESD, and Jean voting:
    1. STU Extension Request from the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Consolidated CDA Templates for Clinical Notes (US Realm) Draft Standard for Trial Use Release 2.1 at Project Insight 1014 for 24 months at Project Insight 1014 and TSC Tracker 14128
    2. Project Approval Request from the Pharmacy WG of the DESD for MedicationKnowledge FHIR Resource at Project Insight 1365 and TSC Tracker 14134
    3. Project Approval Request from the OO WG of the SSD-SD for Transplant, Transfusion, and Grafts on FHIR at Project Insight 1370 and TSC Tracker 14133
    4. Project Approval Request from the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Infectious Disease at Project Insight 1376 and TSC Tracker 14132
    5. Project Approval Request from the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Nutrition, Release 1 (US Realm) at Project Insight 1371 and TSC Tracker 14131
    6. Project Approval Request from the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Release 2 at Project Insight 931 and TSC Tracker 14130
    7. Withdrawal Request by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 FHIR Profile: Guideline Appropriate Ordering, Release 1 at Project Insight 1210 and TSC Tracker 13579
    8. Withdrawal Request by the CBCC WG of the DESD for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Semantic Health Information Performance and Privacy Standard (SHIPPS), Release 1 at Project Insight 724 and TSC Tracker 14012
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the BR&R WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Structured Product Labeling Release 8 at Project Insight 1314 and TSC Tracker 14176
    2. Informative Publication Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 EHRS-FM Release 2 Functional Profile: Child Health Functional Profile Release 1; Developmental Screening and Reporting Services Derived Profile, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1163 and TSC Tracker 14177
    3. Updated Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the DESD for Clinical Decision Support (CDS) for Immunizations FHIR Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1342 and TSC Tracker 14135
    4. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD for Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision Care Record Topic, Release 1 at Project Insight 1356 and TSC Tracker 14186
    5. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD for Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision Care Transfer Topic, Release 1 at Project Insight 1354 and TSC Tracker 14185
    6. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD for Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision Domain Information Model, Release 1 at Project Insight 1357 and TSC Tracker 14184
    7. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD for Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision; Queries Care Record Topic, Release 1 at Project Insight 1355 and TSC Tracker 14182
    8. Project Approval Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for C-CDA Scorecard Rubric at Project Insight 1375 and TSC Tracker 14180
    9. Project Approval Request by the CDS and CQI WGs for HL7 FHIR Implementation Guide: CDS Hooks, Release 1 at Project Insight 1234 and TSC Tracker 13661
    10. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for Harmonization of Health Quality Information Models - FHIR at Project Insight 1125 and TSC Tracker 14159
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Review cimi.hl7.org
    2. Review of new DMP templates
    3. Further discussion on Product Life Cycle Management Strategy from SGB
      • SGB to review comments on 2017-11-08 call. Need to remove individual products, groups that haven't been stood up yet, and add best practice language for non-product management groups
    4. Revised SGB Mission and Charter and boilerplate Mission and Charter - Paul/Austin
    5. Recommendation from PLA that Structured Documents be the lead Methodology Group for the CDA Product Family
    6. Recommendation from SGB that Structured Docs be given through the end of the 2018Sep WGM to replace Brett Marquard who has taken on the co-chair role of the CDAMG
    7. HL7 Product Categories: Primary and Foundational (Lynn)
    8. Draft definition of Retired Standard
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Essentialism - will review on 2017-12-04 call
    2. January Agenda:
      • ARB GOM change

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-11-06 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin to draft edits to section 2.08 of the HL7 Essential Requirements
      • Austin drafted - group reviews. Negative ballots not disposed should carry forward to next ballot. Lorraine states that there must be some way to note it during the request for withdrawal of negative in communications with the balloters. Austin: Can't give it an actual disposition - has to be a comment stating that the item has been deferred. Paul: On the ballot line, we leave the disposition blank because we don't have a class for that, put the information in the comment that it's deferred to the next ballot, but we should still have a vote recorded on that. Ken: The WG does need to make a decision that they're moving forward with things they're not disposing of, and the outcome is that those unresolved negatives must be pulled forward as part of the next ballot. Austin: We'd have to craft a new formal motion. Paul: Is it the intent that if you're not able to get to certain ballot items in reconciliation, do we leave the line blank? Write a comment in? Or does the WG make the decision not to deal with something at this time? Is not dealing with a group of ballot items a decision that the WG makes? Austin: We'd need to add a motion to 2.09, which says that all negative ballots not disposed in an earlier normative ballot cycle shall be considered by the WG having jurisdiction. Have to note that there are previously unresolved negatives in the standard. Might mean modification to the NIB form where people note their previously unresolved negatives on the NIBs.
        • ACTION: Austin will add further explanation to 2.14
    2. Lorraine to draft language around the application of changes before re-balloting content
      • Carry over to next week
    3. All: Review Austin's draft on normative reconciliation (sent to TSC Admins listserv)
      • Carry over to next week
    4. Common Clinical Registry Framework Publication Request: DESD to ask the CIC WG to remove the materials from Google docs and move to an HL7 website for publishing, and update and reissue the publication request
      • Complete - waiting for updated document
    5. EST to review expired STUs not appearing on STU page as they do on the main standards grid.
      • Carry over to next week
    6. Withdrawal Process Actions:
      • Anne to add line "Feedback collection mechanism" to template - "describe the means by which you'll collect comments on this withdrawal and provide link"
      • Anne to delete Gforge from tracker section and state "tracking number assigned and tracking system used."
      • EST to evaluate comment collection mechanisms
        • Carry over to next week
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the PHER WG of the SSD-SDfor Clinical Decision Support (CDS) for Immunizations FHIR Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1342 and [https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=14135&start=0 TSC Tracker 14135
      • Referred by ARB, SSD-SD, T3SD: Missing FMG approval date. The work group is incorrectly identified as CDS, it should be PHER. CDS is in the SSD-SD.
        • Notes from Anne: Fixed error on WG/SD. FMG approval date was 2017-10-18
      • Referred by DESD: Note that Universal Realm claimed but no obvious international participation, and use of some US based artifacts, e.g. vocabulary CVX
        • ACTION: John to take back to WG with directive to change to US Realm; if International community decides to participate, they can update the PSS.
        • ACTION: Anne to add to US Realm agenda
    2. Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of teh SSD-SD for Composite Knowledge Artifact Conceptual Model at Project Insight 1374 and TSC Tracker 14129
      • Referred by T3SD: Requires FMG approval because of FHIR involvement
        • Decision that since they aren't creating artifacts, they don't need FMG approval
        • MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Review cimi.hl7.org
      • Working on process to get CIMI into HL7-managed platforms. EST has created cimi.hl7.org and are working on further updates. Need to work with publishing on processes and who should be responsible for what. We will have to figure out how to brand it. Doesn't look like anything else HL7 right now. Ken asks if branding should be driven by HL7 or CIMI product people? Andy: The high level branding is driven by HL7, and the implementation is managed by the product team. Ken states branding piece should be forward to EC to work with marketing director on HL7 staff. Calvin: We need to have Wayne plugged in on this before we take it too far - need his opinion on where it should go. Lorraine: First goal was to get to the point where we can put out a ballot that doesn't refer to a foreign website, which was achieved. Calvin: They are struggling with the fact that they have a different set of datatypes than everybody else. Lorraine: They also have differences with just about everything. Need to coordinate tasks with Publishing and EST. CIMI is talking about how much of the material that is on opencimi.org will transfer over. Ken asks why it wouldn't be all of it? Lorraine: They have other material, presentations, notifications, etc. that is more community engagement material rather than specification-specific. Need to keep that on our radar as all is related to standards development.
        • ACTION: Ken will discuss with Wayne
    2. Review of new DMP templates
      • Carry over to next week
    3. Further discussion on Product Life Cycle Management Strategy from SGB
      • SGB to review comments on 2017-11-08 call. Need to remove individual products, groups that haven't been stood up yet, and add best practice language for non-product management groups
        • Carry over to next week
    4. Revised SGB Mission and Charter and boilerplate Mission and Charter - Paul/Austin
      • Carry over to next week
    5. Recommendation from PLA that Structured Documents be the lead Methodology Group for the CDA Product Family
      • Carry over to next week
    6. Recommendation from SGB that Structured Docs be given through the end of the 2018Sep WGM to replace Brett Marquard who has taken on the co-chair role of the CDAMG
      • Carry over to next week
    7. HL7 Product Categories: Primary and Foundational (Lynn)
      • The product brief pages have primary and foundational standard lists that should be reviewed. Discussion over who should do that review. MK notes that we are asking the existing management group to inventory their products. Austin: I don't think it's PLA's task; sits with TSC. Lorraine asks what criteria we used to determine what was primary and foundational? Austin thinks it had a marketing focus. Ken agrees, and we struggled with some of the assignments.
        • ACTION: Ken and Lynn to discuss/make a plan
    8. Draft definition of Retired Standard
      • Carry over to next week
  5. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Essentialism - will review on 2017-12-04 call
    2. January Agenda:
      • ARB GOM change


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.