2017-11-27 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-11-27
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Wayne Kubick Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable Regrets Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm . Calvin Beebe . Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp Regrets Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. Floyd Eisenberg, Co-chair Elect . x Mary Kay McDaniel, Co-chair Elect .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-11-20 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    • Lorraine to draft language around the application of changes before re-balloting content
    • All: Review Austin's draft on normative reconciliation (sent to TSC Admins listserv) on 2017-12-04 call
    • Austin will add further explanation to edits to 2.14 of the Essential Requirements for 2017-12-04 call
    • Anne to ask Karen about availability to attend the 12-04 call re: edits to Essential Requirements
    • EST to review expired STUs not appearing on STU page as they do on the main standards grid.
    • All to review both DMP documents again on e-vote week of 2017-11-27 with eye to if they are applicable to other types of groups
  3. Approval items for this week:
    1. Updated Project Approval Request by the CDS and CQI WGs for FHIR-Based Quality Framework (CQF on FHIR) at Project Insight 1234 and TSC Tracker 13661
    2. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Quality Reporting Document Architecture Category I (QRDA I) Release 1, STU Release 5 - US Realm at Project Insight 210 and TSC Tracker 14226
    3. Normative Publication Request by the OO WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Common Product Model (CPM) CMETs, Release 4 at Project Insight 1147 and TSC Tracker 14227
    4. Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guide: UDI Pattern at Project Insight 1369 and TSC Tracker 14228
    5. Withdrawal Request by the ITS WG of the FTSD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Specification, Release 1 at Project Insight 1016 and TSC Tracker 14045
    6. Initial Review of January ballot items
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. DMP templates
    2. EC review of TSC change request for STU Extensions
    3. Further discussion on Product Life Cycle Management Strategy from SGB
    4. Revised SGB Mission and Charter and boilerplate Mission and Charter - Paul/Austin
    5. Recommendation from PLA that Structured Documents be the lead Methodology Group for the CDA Product Family
    6. Recommendation from SGB that Structured Docs be given through the end of the 2018Sep WGM to replace Brett Marquard who has taken on the co-chair role of the CDAMG
    7. Draft definition of Retired Standard for product grid
  5. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Essentialism - will review on 2017-12-04 call
    2. HL7 Product Categories - will review on 2017-12-04 call
    3. January Agenda:
      • ARB GOM change
      • Review of new Standards Withdrawal Process pilot

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • Add OASIS HAVE issue to discussion
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-11-20 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
  2. Review action items
    • Lorraine to draft language around the application of changes before re-balloting content
      • Carry Forward
    • All: Review Austin's draft on normative reconciliation (sent to TSC Admins listserv) on 2017-12-04 call
      • Carry Forward
    • Austin will add further explanation to edits to 2.14 of the Essential Requirements for 2017-12-04 call
      • Carry Forward
    • Anne to ask Karen about availability to attend the 12-04 call re: edits to Essential Requirements
      • Karen traveling but may be available
    • EST to review expired STUs not appearing on STU page as they do on the main standards grid.
      • Carry Forward
    • All to review both DMP documents again on e-vote week of 2017-11-27 with eye to if they are applicable to other types of groups
      • ACTION: Add documents to e-vote
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. DMP templates
    2. EC review of TSC change request for STU Extensions
      • Wayne reports that the EC did not approve because the STU period can be extended up to 7 years, which is too long. If an STU has been around that long then they are no longer an STU; it's somewhere between STU and Normative. Tony notes that Normative standards are only good for five years between reaffirmations. Jean agrees that it's an abuse of the process and we need to create a separate category for STUs cited in regulation. Lorraine: We changed the language because it was too restrictive for items in regulation and when specific use cases are taking longer. We wanted a case by case ability to allow longer extensions. Paul: If a committee creates an STU that is cited in regulation, does that document status change? Freida: Wayne confirmed with ONC that the STUs don't have to be active if they're cited. Lorraine notes that extending is mostly to keep the comment period open. Discussion over expired vs. withdrawn and how things appear on the product grid. Wayne states that five years would be more comfortable for the TSC to allow. Discussion over postponing the discussion to January.
        • MOTION to reconsider/reopen this topic in January: Melva/Andy
        • VOTE: All in favor
    3. Further discussion on Product Life Cycle Management Strategy from SGB
    4. Revised SGB Mission and Charter and boilerplate Mission and Charter - Paul/Austin
      • Carry Forward
    5. Recommendation from PLA that Structured Documents be the lead Methodology Group for the CDA Product Family
      • MOTION that TSC assign Structured Documents as the lead Methodology Group for the CDA Product Family: Lorraine/Paul
      • Discussion over how this changes the role of Structured Documents. Will eventually look more like the way FHIR is run.
      • VOTE: All in favor
    6. Recommendation from SGB that Structured Docs be given through the end of the 2018Sep WGM to replace Brett Marquard who has taken on the co-chair role of the CDAMG
      • MOTION that Structured Docs be given through the end of the 2018Sep WGM to replace Brett Marquard who has taken on the co-chair role of the CDAMG: Paul/Lorraine
      • Jean states this time period is too long. Calvin/Paul explain that January was too short, then May is the international meeting, so they were given until September. Melva agrees with Jean. Discussion over voting; people can vote electronically who aren't in attendance at the WGM.
      • MOTION that Structured Docs be given through the end of the 2018May WGM to replace Brett: Paul/Lorraine
      • VOTE: Jean opposes. Remaining in favor.
    7. OASIS HAVE Issue
      • Lorraine notes that ARB reviewed the external content. Everything in the document other than the implementation guide in the appendix is OASIS specific, so it's like balloting an external standard. Discussion over balloting the appendix separately. Melva notes that they won't get DESD approval in time for ballot. Paul asks if the OASIS standard is publicly available for everyone? Perhaps they're putting it together so people understand the implementation guide. Appendix B is not external content; it is an implementation guide of the OASIS material. ARB could vote on Tuesday to approve as they are not balloting external content. Discussion over whether the ballot should include the OASIS document or just the appendix. The OASIS material is reference.
        • ACTION: ARB to notify the WG after their meeting tomorrow to send PSS to DESD for vote
          • NOTE: Upon further review following the meeting, the PSS will go to SSD-SD for steering division vote as the sponsoring WG is Patient Administration, not Patient Care.
    8. Draft definition of Retired Standard for product grid
      • Carry forward
    9. Adjourned at 12:02 PM Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.