2017-12-04 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-12-04
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Wayne Kubick Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau Regrets Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick Regrets Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
Regrets John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
x Floyd Eisenberg, Co-chair Elect . x Mary Kay McDaniel, Co-chair Elect .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-11-27 TSC Call Agenda
    4. Peer review open for GOM Updates
  2. Review action items
    1. Lorraine to draft language around the application of changes before re-balloting content
    2. EST to review expired STUs not appearing on STU page as they do on the main standards grid.
    3. Anne to add DMP documents to e-vote
      • Will add to this week's vote
  3. Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    1. Updated SPL R8 publication request - WG completed product brief information and added approval
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guide: UDI Pattern at Project Insight 1369 and TSC Tracker 14228
      • Referred by T3SD: Not sure the listed Domain experts have all consented.
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with Giorgio, FTSD, T3SD, SSD-SD, Freida, DESD, and Jean voting:
    1. Updated Project Approval Request by the CDS and CQI WGs for FHIR-Based Quality Framework (CQF on FHIR) at Project Insight 1234 and TSC Tracker 13661
    2. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Quality Reporting Document Architecture Category I (QRDA I) Release 1, STU Release 5 - US Realm at Project Insight 210 and TSC Tracker 14226
    3. Normative Publication Request by the OO WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Common Product Model (CPM) CMETs, Release 4 at Project Insight 1147 and TSC Tracker 14227
    4. Withdrawal Request by the ITS WG of the FTSD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Specification, Release 1 at Project Insight 1016 and TSC Tracker 14045
    5. Initial Review of January ballot items
  6. Approval items for this week:
    1. Normative Notification by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model R2 at Project Insight 1273 and TSC Tracker 14260
    2. Informative Publication Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Common Clinical Registry Framework, Release 1 at Project Insight 1271 and TSC Tracker 14261
    3. Informative Publication Request by the BR&R WG of the DESD for BRIDG R3 at Project Insight 1120 and TSC Tracker 14262
    4. Normative Notification by the Vocabulary WG of the DESD for Characteristics of a formal Value Set Definition at Project Insight 1047 and TSC Tracker 14263
    5. Project Approval Request by the InM WG of the FTSD for "Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Abstract Transport Specification at Project Insight 1021 and TSC Tracker 14264
    6. Project Approval Request by the MnM WG of the FTSD for Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Data Types - Abstract Specification, Release 2 at Project Insight 1283 and TSC Tracker 14265
    7. Project Approval Request by the ITS WG of the FTSD for Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: XML Implementation Technology at Project Insight 1361 and TSC Tracker 14266
    8. Project Approval Request by the ITS WG of the FTSD for Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: XML Implementation Technology Specification - V3 Structures, Release 2 at Project Insight 1360 and TSC Tracker 14267
    9. Peer Review of GOM Revision Cycle 1709
    10. Review/Vote on 2017Jan Ballot Items
  7. Discussion topics:
    1. MOTION to approve normative notification for VMR V2: Austin
    2. SPL R9 concerns: Lorraine/Tony
    3. Ballot Items Spreadsheet
    4. Further discussion on Product Life Cycle Management Strategy from SGB
    5. Revised SGB Mission and Charter and boilerplate Mission and Charter - Paul/Austin
    6. Essentialism
    7. HL7 Product Categories
    8. Draft definition of Retired Standard for product grid
    9. Review Austin's edits to section 2.14 of the Essential Requirements
      • Karen not available until 2017-12-11. Carry forward.
  1. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. January Agenda:
      • ARB GOM change
      • Review of new Standards Withdrawal Process pilot
      • STU Extensions
      • Precept Implementation Strategy (from SGB)
      • Facilitator training issues
      • Essentialism

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-11-27 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
    4. Peer review open for GOM Updates
      • Will vote in two weeks
  2. Review action items
    1. Lorraine to draft language around the application of changes before re-balloting content
      • Carry forward
    2. EST to review expired STUs not appearing on STU page as they do on the main standards grid.
      • EST reviewed and will provide update next week.
    3. Anne to add DMP documents to e-vote
      • Will add to this week's vote
  3. Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    1. Updated SPL R8 publication request - WG completed product brief information and added approval
      • MOTION to approve: Melva/Sandy
      • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guide: UDI Pattern at Project Insight 1369 and TSC Tracker 14228
      • Referred by T3SD: Not sure the listed Domain experts have all consented.
        • Andy is okay with it if Paul agrees to be listed. Discussion over how we know if people have agreed to be listed; will be easier when we use Confluence.
      • 'Referred by FTSD: TSC recently decided that harmonization documents should remain so and not be balloted, but we would make them visible through web tooling, but now here it is as a document to ballot. Austin and Calvin do not recollect this. Reviewed the minutes. Doesn't say that we're going to block projects. Paul: The activity is a departure from the original request. Originally was a project to figure out where the detailed elements would go with a separate project for maintenance. Discussion over doing both, although adds complexity of reharmonizing. May be versioned. Discussion over it being Normative.
        • MOTION to approve PSS: Paul/Austin
        • VOTE: All in favor
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. MOTION to approve normative notification for VMR V2: Austin/Andy
      • VOTE: All in favor
    2. SPL R9 concerns: Lorraine/Tony
      • SPL did not send appropriate artifacts for approval, but Lynn does have them. It's being looked at by ARB on Tuesday and also US Realm. Documentation is not on HL7-managed platform. Security risks not addressed. No indication that WG reviewed the ballot content. It is noted that there are new cochairs and part of it is an education issue.
    3. Ballot Items Spreadsheet
      • Discussion over approving projects so close to ballot. Paul notes that e-voting is at times slowing the process. Austin agrees and is having similar issues. Melva notes there was some confusion on the dates for this cycle. Need to look at these things coming in late in the process, especially for steering divisions who never have conference calls. Andy notes we had more time than we usually do this cycle, which possibly made people willing to jump in. Wayne: We may need to do a systemic review. Does not seem related to communication. Austin notes that some of the people doing these things aren't on the cochairs list so don't always see the messages. Andy: We may need to be more strict about who gets to be a facilitator to avoid that problem, because they don't know the processes. Would be good to have email address associated with all facilitators to add to a facilitator's list. Lynn states that she sends announcements to the member list, not just cochairs.
        • ACTION: Add facilitator training issues to January agenda
      • Anne reviews updates. Will send back this week.
    4. Further discussion on Product Life Cycle Management Strategy from SGB
      • SGB to reviewed TSC comments on 2017-11-15 call. Updated document here.
        • MOTION to approve: Calvin/Andy
        • VOTE: All in favor
    5. Revised SGB Mission and Charter and boilerplate Mission and Charter - Paul/Austin
      • MOTION to accept modified SGB M&C document: Paul/Tony
      • VOTE: All in favor
      • MOTION to accept modified Generic Product Family M&C document: Austin/Andy
      • VOTE: All in favor
    6. Essentialism
      • ACTION: Add topic to January WGM
    7. HL7 Product Categories
      • Carry Forward
    8. Draft definition of Retired Standard for product grid
      • Carry Forward
    9. Review Austin's edits to section 2.14 of the Essential Requirements
      • Karen not available until 2017-12-11. Carry forward.
  6. Adjourned at 12:02 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.