2018-01-15 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-01-15
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable Regrets Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler x Andy Stechishin
. Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp . Mary Kay McDaniel . Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-08 TSC Call Agenda
    4. TSC lunch has been moved to Tuesday
  2. Review action items
    1. ARB to draft proposed revision to GOM §02.01, which states that MnM is the sole participant in/solely responsible for the development and maintenance of a comprehensive standards development framework
    2. Process for introducing new product families
    3. Steve Hufnagel will reformat the RDAM project into two projects and send to Austin for review on 2018-01-22 call
    4. Austin to draft notice regarding V2 publishing meeting at WGM inviting all parties interested in V2
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the BR&R WG of the DESD for FHIR resources to support IDMP 11615 Product Standard at Project Insight 1367 and TSC Tracker 14406:
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Review and approval of Updated Project Scope Statement Template (see list of changes here)
    2. Recommendation from US Realm Steering Committee that TSC reappoint Brett Marquard to co-chair position
    3. STU Extension Request from the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Digital Signatures and Delegation of Rights, Release 1 at Project Insight 1005 and TSC Tracker 14462
    4. Project Approval Request from the Arden Syntax WG of the SSD-SD for Clinical Decision Support Big Picture Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1175 and TSC Tracker 14460
    5. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the DESD for "HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Reportability Response, Release 1 STU Release 1.0 - US Realm at Project Insight 1216 and TSC Tracker 14418
    6. STU Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 FHIR Profile: C-CDA, Release 1 at Project Insight 1122 and TSC Tracker 14417
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Scope of Product Management Group responsibilities (from FHIR Path issue) - 20 minutes
    2. January WGM Agenda review
    3. Draft of Essential Requirements edits - Austin
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Re-examine original scope of PLA
    2. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    3. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    4. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    5. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    6. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    7. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • No visitors
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • Agenda approved
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-08 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
    4. TSC lunch has been moved to Tuesday
  2. Review action items
    1. ARB to draft proposed revision to GOM §02.01, which states that MnM is the sole participant in/solely responsible for the development and maintenance of a comprehensive standards development framework
      • Lorraine and Tony report that when they started looking at making that edit, section 2 doesn't actually flow with the rest of the document, and there are other places that need edits as well. Need to look at the structure and content and come back with more concrete next steps by the WGM. Austin: Would it be useful for John Roberts as GOC rep to participate in that? Lorraine agrees and John agrees to participate.
    2. Process for introducing new product families
      • Is this something we want to address directly as TSC, or assign to another group such as PLA. Paul: PLA could put together the operational policy and bring back to TSC for review. Austin agrees.
    3. Steve Hufnagel will reformat the RDAM project into two projects and send to Austin for review on 2018-01-22 call
      • Austin will be following up to make sure that's in progress.
    4. Austin to draft notice regarding V2 publishing meeting at WGM inviting all parties interested in V2
      • Draft is complete. Will be sending it out this week.
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the BR&R WG of the DESD for FHIR resources to support IDMP 11615 Product Standard at Project Insight 1367 and TSC Tracker 14406:
      • Anne reports that Project Insight has been updated to reflect the correct IDMP number; the original document submitted to Dave had changed. Melva notes other issues such as overlap between this project and a Pharmacy project; this probably should be an investigative project. Lorraine notes there are overlaps with substance resources that OO manages. Melva notes that the resource proposals haven't been approved. Pharmacy is a cosponsor but they have many concerns. OO is in the same position. Paul asks if the project has run further ahead than it should've without knowledge of the cosponsors? Melva says that the work hasn't really been done in BR&R and is being done by Rik Smithies outside of BR&R at this point. Part of Jean's concern is the fact that FMG didn't put the same restrictions on BR&R as they did on Pharmacy for a similar project. The work is proceeding without having all the WGs that are supposed to be involved being kept apprised.
        • MOTION that this should be updated to be an investigative project: Melva/Paul
          • Paul retracts his second as he believes it doesn't make sense to have this work going on in multiple groups. Melva: Should we turn down this project? Austin: We could turn down this request and invite the interested parties to attend an upcoming meeting to discuss. Wayne states that interested parties are going to discuss in New Orleans.
          • MOTION to table the issue until discussed in New Orleans: Melva/Andy
          • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Scope of Product Management Group responsibilities (from FHIR Path issue) - 20 minutes
      • This came about because FHIR Path went out as an STU that is about to expire. ITS raised the question back to the primary parties regarding whether they want to re-ballot it or if they were ready to take it Normative. CQL has been updated to embrace what's in FHIR Path. It appears that FHIR Path is a logical subset of CQL which happens to be used in FHIR. Paul proposes that CQL should be the specification, and FHIR path could be an appendix or an implementation guide. Lorraine: FHIR Path is a cross-paradigm specification. The query specification is applied to FHIR. Having it an IG on the base spec of CQL makes sense. CQL is planned to be normative in May. FMG doesn't know if they have a right to say yay or nay with what's going on with the FHIR path spec. Paul: If they want to be the authors of the IG, it should probably go to FHIR-I, but it would be outside of any particular product family. Austin: Is this an instance of a more general product when we have something that spans product families? Paul: If we look at the product families standing up, currently the product families are content models, which are being created in a particular methodology; those things which aren't themselves content models are managed by the WGs. Lorraine: This material is being appropriately managed by the WGs responsible. Austin: Would this be an argument for a cross-product family product family? Paul: Only if it's beneficial. We need to understand what other things don't fit and cut across. Lorraine: FMG has asked for clarification on whether their scope covers those things that cut across. They have stakeholder interest and input, but it is not theirs to own. Austin suggests that SGB should come up with a precept to guide TSC management of this issue. Paul suggests that they do that in conjunction with ARB.
        • ACTION: Anne to add to ARB/SGB agenda on Sunday in New Orleans
      • A management group should oversee those things which are created and restricted to the product family. The scope of FMG has to do with how it is used within FHIR.
        • ACTION: Lorraine/Paul to draft a response to FMG for review next week.
    2. January WGM Agenda review
      • Group reviews draft agenda and makes adjustments.
    3. Draft of Essential Requirements edits - Austin
      • Carry Forward
  5. Adjourned at 11:02 Eastern time

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.