2018-01-22 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler x Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Bob Dieterle x Lenel James x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Jocelyn Keegan . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-15 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Homework for WGM
    1. Review proposed naming conventions document
    2. Review revised ballot process proposal
  3. Review action items
    1. ARB to draft proposed revision to GOM §02.01, which states that MnM is the sole participant in/solely responsible for the development and maintenance of a comprehensive standards development framework
    2. Austin to touch base with Steve regarding RDAM reformatting exercise to be reviewed by TSC
    3. Follow up on FHIR resources to support IDMP 11615 Product Standard after discussion in New Orleans
    4. Lorraine/Paul to draft a response to FMG for review next week re: Scope of Product Management Group Responsibilities
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Request from the SOA WG of the FTSD for a reconciliation extension for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Privacy, Access and Security Services (PASS) - Healthcare Audit Services Conceptual Model, Release 1
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. Review and approval of Updated Project Scope Statement Template (see list of changes here)
    2. Recommendation from US Realm Steering Committee that TSC reappoint Brett Marquard to co-chair position
    3. STU Extension Request from the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Digital Signatures and Delegation of Rights, Release 1 at Project Insight 1005 and TSC Tracker 14462
    4. Project Approval Request from the Arden Syntax WG of the SSD-SD for Clinical Decision Support Big Picture Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1175 and TSC Tracker 14460
    5. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the DESD for "HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Reportability Response, Release 1 STU Release 1.0 - US Realm at Project Insight 1216 and TSC Tracker 14418
    6. STU Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 FHIR Profile: C-CDA, Release 1 at Project Insight 1122 and TSC Tracker 14417
    7. Reappointment of Brett Marquard as co-chair of US Realm Steering Committee
  6. Approval items for this week:
    1. Normative Notification by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 EHR-System Electronic Nutrition Care Process Record System (ENCPRS) Functional Profile, Release 2 at Project Insight 706 and TSC Tracker 14306
  7. Discussion topics:
    1. DaVinci Project - 10 minutes
    2. Draft of Essential Requirements edits - Austin (10 minutes)
    3. Essentialism Update - Ken
  8. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Re-examine original scope of PLA
    2. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    3. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    4. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    5. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    6. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    7. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • Brian Pech observing. Jocelyn Keegan here to represent DaVinci Project.
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • Approved
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-15 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent.
  2. Review action items
    1. ARB to draft proposed revision to GOM §02.01, which states that MnM is the sole participant in/solely responsible for the development and maintenance of a comprehensive standards development framework
      • Carry forward
    2. Austin to touch base with Steve regarding RDAM reformatting exercise to be reviewed by TSC
      • Steve still working on reformatting. Will come back to it after WGM.
    3. Follow up on FHIR resources to support IDMP 11615 Product Standard after discussion in New Orleans
      • Carry forward
    4. Lorraine/Paul to draft a response to FMG for review next week re: Scope of Product Management Group Responsibilities
      • Reviewed in SGB last week. Will look at it further at WGM. Carry forward.
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Request from the SOA WG of the FTSD for a reconciliation extension for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Privacy, Access and Security Services (PASS) - Healthcare Audit Services Conceptual Model, Release 1
      • DESD referred; had never seen one of these before. Essential Requirements currently has this provision, although we are proposing taking it out of the Essential requirements. Staff has already submitted a GOM change request to delete it. It has no ANSI impact. Floyd: In CQI, we have something that is two years past the ballot, and I'd be concerned about publishing anything without going back. Concerned about setting a precedent. It is informative, not Normative. Should we have some general rules so it's not arbitrary? Austin: Given that the clause is going away, the question is do we do something formally now to accept this?
        • MOTION to approve the extension of one more cycle: Lorraine/Melva
        • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Last week's e-vote: needs one more vote for quorum.
    • MOTION to approve all items: John/Paul
    • VOTE: All in favor
  1. Discussion topics:
    1. DaVinci Project - 10 minutes
      • Lenel, Bob, and Jocelyn here to present. Jocelyn displays presentation. Goal is to bring payers, providers, and others together to focus on use cases to solve interoperability problems. Working on SOUs between HL7 and the project. See US Realm as being the overarching sponsor within HL7. Want the initiative to be nimble and self sufficient with the right amount of oversight and structure. Also want to be transparent with clear pathways back into HL7 where appropriate. Describes relationship between DaVinci and HL7. Discussion over interaction with WGs, and whether all projects will be US Realm. Expect that some might be universal realm. Discussion over the large external component outside of the realm of TSC authorization. Lorraine: There is one piece that is board level, and another piece where we define the individual projects and how we do the work. Austin notes that the PSS is talking about both. Jocelyn presents the info that describes the relationship between WGs/TSC and DaVinci. Only some projects will result in artifacts for HL7 ballot and publication. Austin notes that externally developed content has to be reviewed by ARB. Reviewed participation model. Trying to find the right balance between external and internal work. Austin: Will be discussing further in New Orleans and beyond.
    2. Draft of Essential Requirements edits - Austin (10 minutes)
      • Austin reports that the edits proposed last year to section 2.08 on disposition action are in a section that staff has now proposed be deleted. Austin is going to withdraw his proposed edits. Discussion over adding some kind of limit; we could add that to the next round of GOM updates, but then we have to look at adding extension requests. Lorraine notes that the whole document needs to be reviewed for flow.
    3. Essentialism Update - Ken
      • Reviewed Ken's presentation. Still will be four steering divisions. Homework between now and Saturday meeting is to think about what the SD names should be and how we should form them. Discussion over numbers vs. birds of a feather. Won't be able to equalize but need to balance. Goals for Saturday: we need to agree on the TSC structure, work on dividing the WGs into 4 logical SDs while keeping the current SD co-chairs. Plan is to have a final decision on this at the end of Saturday meeting. New members should look at slides from last meeting and Melva's spreadsheet.
        • ACTION: Austin/Ken/Wayne to pull together background documents and Anne to send those documents out to TSC list.
  2. Adjourned at 12:02 PM Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.