2018-02-12 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-02-12
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Wayne Kubick Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
. Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm Regrets Austin Kreisler x Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp . Mary Kay McDaniel . Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .


Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-22 TSC Call Agenda
    4. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-27 TSC WGM Agenda
    5. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-28 TSC WGM Agenda
    6. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-30 TSC WGM Agenda
  2. Homework
    1. Review TSC Mission and Charter
  3. Review action items
    1. Steering divisions to start revising their missions and charters now
    2. Wayne to discuss next steps on HSI with Laura
    3. Review Calvin's updated naming conventions document before commenting on Naming conventions to accommodate FHIR Release 4
    4. Convene task force to look at WG Health
    5. Lynn to update withdrawal template for TSC review
    6. TSC members should submit questions/concerns/recommendations on Da Vinci project to Anne for further review
    7. Wayne to discuss FHIR resource approval process with Grahame and report back
    8. Wayne to coordinate with staff/EST regarding updates to website/wikis/member database for essentialism changes/updates
    9. Investigate what governance steps are required to go forward in a pilot state with revised ballot process
    10. Ken to update TSC DMP addendum for review on future call/e-vote
    11. Schedule meeting for TSC, SGB, ARB, PLA, and the cochairs of the management groups - Monday Q0?
  4. Approval items from previous e-vote approved 6-0-0 with T3SD, DESD, Wayne, John, Giorgio, and ARB voting :
    1. Normative Notification by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 EHR-System Electronic Nutrition Care Process Record System (ENCPRS) Functional Profile, Release 2 at Project Insight 706 and TSC Tracker 14306
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for Guidance on Implementation of Standard Electronic Attachments for Health Care Transactions (ACP) at Project Insight 1398 and TSC Tracker 15152
      • Referred by ARB: Has not yet received ARB approval.
      • Pulled from this e-vote until requested adjustments have been made.
    2. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Trauma Registry Data Submission, Release 2 at Project Insight 1311 and TSC Tracker 15146
      • Referred by Giorgio, DESD, John, SSD-SD, etc.: Issues with ballot timing
    3. Normative Publication Request by the Templates WG of the FTSD for HL7 Templates Standard: Specification and Use of Reusable Information Constraint Templates, Release 1 at Project Insight 1043 and TSC Tracker 15151
      • Note from Anne: In reviewing the ballot desktop, I noted an outstanding negative remains from Austin.
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with T3SD, ARB, Jean, SSD-SD, John, DESD, and Giorgio voting:
    1. Approval of Revised Project Scope Statement Template
    2. Dissolution Request for the FHIR Governance Board at TSC Tracker 15147
    3. Recirculation Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 EHRS-FM Release 2 Functional Profile: 2015 Meaningful Use, Release 2 – US Realm Project Insight 1261 and TSC Tracker 15148
    4. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Birth and Fetal Death Reporting, Release 1 STU Release 2 at Project Insight 816 and TSC Tracker 15150
    5. Project Approval Request by the Structured Documents WG of the SSD-SD for International Patient Summary (IPS) Implementation Guides at Project Insight 1087 and TSC Tracker 15153
    6. Project Approval Request by the FHIR-I WG of the FTSD for Structured Data Capture Update (SDC) at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 15155
    7. Project Approval Request by the InM WG of the FTSD for Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Infrastructure Management, Control Act, Query and Transmission Release 1.1 at Project Insight 1388 and TSC Tracker 15156
    8. Project Approval Request by the InM WG of the FTSD for Reaffirmation of Master File/Registry Infrastructure R1 at Project Insight 1185 and TSC Tracker 15157
  7. Approval items for this week:
    1. STU Extension Request by the Public Health WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA Implementation Guide for Ambulatory Healthcare Reporting to Birth Defect Registries at Project Insight 1112 and TSC Tracker 15537
    2. Project Approval Request by the InM WG of the FTSD for Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Transport Specifications - MLLP at Project Insight 1386 and TSC Tracker 15538
  8. Discussion topics:
    1. DMP questions: Section 7 (Melva/Attachments WG), Section 8 (Ken/OO)
    2. Naming conventions to accommodate FHIR Release 4
    3. Approval timelines for short ballot cycle
    4. Report on V2 Management Group discussions at WGM
    5. Re-examine original scope of PLA
  9. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
    2. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    3. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    4. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    5. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    6. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    7. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues
    8. Interest/User Groups
    9. GOM updates
      • Including STU extensions
    10. Introducing external projects

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-22 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes approved via general consent
    4. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-27 TSC WGM Agenda
      • Minutes approved via general consent
    5. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-28 TSC WGM Agenda
      • Minutes approved via general consent
    6. Approve Minutes of 2018-01-30 TSC WGM Agenda
      • Minutes approved via general consent
  2. Homework
    1. Review TSC Mission and Charter
      • Carry forward
  3. Review action items
    1. Steering divisions to start revising their missions and charters now
      • Need to start looking at them after 2018-04-06
    2. Wayne to discuss next steps on HSI with Laura
      • They agreed to dissolve the WG for the time being.
    3. Review Calvin's updated naming conventions document before commenting on Naming conventions to accommodate FHIR Release 4
      • Carry forward
    4. Convene task force to look at WG Health
      • Melva has volunteered and reports that John Hatem has also volunteered.
        • ACTION: Melva to send out email to SDs to solicit volunteers
    5. Lynn to update withdrawal template for TSC review
      • Will discuss next week
    6. TSC members should submit questions/concerns/recommendations on Da Vinci project to Anne for further review
      • Have not yet submitted their SOU to the EC/board. Carry forward.
    7. Wayne to discuss FHIR resource approval process with Grahame and report back
    8. Wayne to coordinate with staff/EST regarding updates to website/wikis/member database for essentialism changes/updates
      • Carry forward
    9. Investigate what governance steps are required to go forward in a pilot state with revised ballot process
      • Covered by revised ballot process topic
    10. Ken to update TSC DMP addendum for review on future call/e-vote
      • Will discuss on 2018-02-26
    11. Schedule meeting for TSC, SGB, ARB, PLA, and the cochairs of the management groups - Monday Q0?
  4. Approval items from previous e-vote approved 6-0-0 with T3SD, DESD, Wayne, John, Giorgio, and ARB voting :
    1. Normative Notification by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 EHR-System Electronic Nutrition Care Process Record System (ENCPRS) Functional Profile, Release 2 at Project Insight 706 and TSC Tracker 14306
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for Guidance on Implementation of Standard Electronic Attachments for Health Care Transactions (ACP) at Project Insight 1398 and TSC Tracker 15152
      • Referred by ARB: Has not yet received ARB approval.
      • Pulled from this e-vote until requested adjustments have been made.
        • ARB has not yet received the updated content. Will return to e-vote once updates have been made.
    2. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Trauma Registry Data Submission, Release 2 at Project Insight 1311 and TSC Tracker 15146
      • Referred by Giorgio, DESD, John, SSD-SD, etc.: Issues with ballot timing
        • Out of cycle ballots have been, in the past, considered only for extreme circumstances; this circumstance doesn't seem extreme. T3SD voted negatively.
          • MOTION not to accept out of cycle ballot request: Ken/Floyd
          • VOTE: All in favor
    3. Normative Publication Request by the Templates WG of the FTSD for HL7 Templates Standard: Specification and Use of Reusable Information Constraint Templates, Release 1 at Project Insight 1043 and TSC Tracker 15151
      • Note from Anne: In reviewing the ballot desktop, I noted an outstanding negative remains from Austin.
        • TABLE the issue until Austin can respond
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. DMP questions: Section 7 (Melva/Attachments WG), Section 8 (Ken/OO)
      • Section 8 seems to say that no open group can adopt proxy. OO wants to allow proxy. Floyd suggests they do it via e-vote. Discussion over the fact that e-vote requires 90% of attendees at the last WGM or conference call; Paul reports that would be difficult for FTSD for one. Melva agrees that it would be difficult for steering divisions. Andy: e-votes are more difficult than conference call votes. Wayne: Do we need to reconsider this rule for quorum being 90%? Could specify WGs instead of SDs and consider a different rule for SDs. Ken: 8.1 should be renamed. Wayne suggests "use of proxy." Ken is not convinced we need proxies in WGs. John: The best part of proxies is that you can send in an opinion to be read. Discussion over allowing that, but then the vote is conducted with the people present.
      • Section 7 has a variety of typos/suggested updates.
        • ACTION: Melva to send to PIC listserve.
          • MOTION to suggest the following updates to the default DMP: Ken/Paul
            • 7a: Decisions outside of the WGM can be resolved electronically
            • 7f: Set quorum at 66%
            • Remove the word proxy from heading 8
            • 8.1: Change heading to "General Participation"
            • 8.1a should be removed
          • VOTE: All in favor
          • ACTION: Anne to send to TSC admins
    2. Naming conventions to accommodate FHIR Release 4
    3. Approval timelines for short ballot cycle
      • Issue is getting things through steering division in a timely manner due to tight timelines
    4. Report on V2 Management Group discussions at WGM
      • As a result of discussions, a V2 management group will be stood up.
    5. Re-examine original scope of PLA
      • Conversation should start in ARB
        • ACTION: ARB to add to agenda
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
      • US Realm didn't approve it yet because they wanted TSC feedback. Will consider if/when an updated PSS returns to TSC

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.