2018-02-19 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-02-19
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler Regrets Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli Regrets Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler . Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel . Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . Lloyd McKenzie . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-02-12 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Steering divisions to start revising their missions and charters after 2018-04-06
    2. Review Calvin's updated naming conventions document before commenting on Naming conventions to accommodate FHIR Release 4
    3. Melva to send out email to SDs to solicit volunteers for WG Health Task Force
    4. TSC members should submit questions/concerns/recommendations on Da Vinci project to Anne for further review
    5. Wayne to coordinate with staff/EST regarding updates to website/wikis/member database for essentialism changes/updates
    6. Ken to update TSC DMP addendum for review on future call/e-vote
      • Will discuss on 2018-02-26
    7. Schedule meeting for TSC, SGB, ARB, PLA, and the cochairs of the management groups - Monday Q0
      • Complete
  3. Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the Templates WG of the FTSD for HL7 Templates Standard: Specification and Use of Reusable Information Constraint Templates, Release 1 at Project Insight 1043 and TSC Tracker 15151
      • Note from Anne: In reviewing the ballot desktop, I noted an outstanding negative remains from Austin.
        • TABLED the issue until Austin can respond; the issue now is that the final version of the document is in the zip file containing the ballot spreadsheet.
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 8-0-0 with T3SD, John, Jean, DESD, ARB, SSD-SD, FTSD, and Giorgio voting:
    1. STU Extension Request by the Public Health WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA Implementation Guide for Ambulatory Healthcare Reporting to Birth Defect Registries at Project Insight 1112 and TSC Tracker 15537
    2. Project Approval Request by the InM WG of the FTSD for Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Transport Specifications - MLLP at Project Insight 1386 and TSC Tracker 15538
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Project Approval Request by the BR&R WG of the DESD for FHIR resources to support IDMP 11615 Product Standard at Project Insight 1367 and TSC Tracker 15595
    2. Normative Publication Request by the Pharmacy WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Medication Statement and Administration Event, Release 1 at Project Insight 1353 and TSC Tracker 14406
    3. Normative Publication Request by the InM WG of the FTSD for Abstract Transport Specification, Release 1 at Project Insight 1021 and TSC Tracker 15594
    4. STU Extension Request by the OO WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Version 3 Specification: Ordering Service Interface, Release 1 at Project Insight 1010 and TSC Tracker 15595
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Revised ballot process proposal/results of peer review - Lloyd McKenzie
    2. WG Health revisions for this cycle
      • Need to tweak DMP metric
    3. Review revised withdrawal process/associated template(s) - Lynn Laakso
    4. Ensuring faster SD approvals in short ballot cycle
    5. New Steering Division Co-Chair training
    6. Review FHIR artifact governance process - referred to SGB
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
      • US Realm didn't approve it yet because they wanted TSC feedback. Will consider if/when an updated PSS returns to TSC
    2. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    3. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    4. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    5. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    6. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    7. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues
    8. Interest/User Groups
    9. GOM updates
      • Including STU extensions
    10. Introducing external projects

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • Melva adds tabled BR&R issue from January
      • Lynn has a request to change balloting stewardship for the FHIR ballot; can management groups conduct ballots?
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-02-12 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Steering divisions to start revising their missions and charters after 2018-04-06
    2. Review Calvin's updated naming conventions document before commenting on Naming conventions to accommodate FHIR Release 4
      • Calvin was looking at how to name standards that have a chain of inheritance, which is a separate issue from the FHIR R4 issue. Need to move forward with the FHIR issue.
        • ACTION: Add to upcoming agenda
    3. Melva to send out email to SDs to solicit volunteers for WG Health Task Force
      • Carry forward
    4. TSC members should submit questions/concerns/recommendations on Da Vinci project to Anne for further review
      • Carry forward
        • ACTION: Anne to go back to minutes and extract comments to start a list for review
    5. Wayne to coordinate with staff/EST regarding updates to website/wikis/member database for essentialism changes/updates
      • Initial discussions have occurred.
    6. Ken to update TSC DMP addendum for review on future call/e-vote
      • Will discuss on 2018-02-26
    7. Schedule meeting for TSC, SGB, ARB, PLA, and the cochairs of the management groups - Monday Q0
      • Complete
  3. Approval items from previous weeks with followup:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the Templates WG of the FTSD for HL7 Templates Standard: Specification and Use of Reusable Information Constraint Templates, Release 1 at Project Insight 1043 and TSC Tracker 15151
      • Note from Anne: In reviewing the ballot desktop, I noted an outstanding negative remains from Austin.
        • TABLED the issue until Austin can respond; the issue now is that the final version of the document is in the zip file containing the ballot spreadsheet.
          • MOTION to approve publication conditional on fixing the ballot package: Lorraine/Melva
          • VOTE: All in favor
          • Lynn fixing the issue
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Revised ballot process proposal/results of peer review - Lloyd McKenzie
      • Lloyd here to discuss. Didn't get much feedback - only 5 or 6 people made comments, none with significant changes. There was a request for bulk upload tool that is being looked into, although it may not be right away. Lorraine expresses concern that we're trying to do this too fast. Austin notes that the rules for reconciliation are different for Normative, and this proposal runs the same level of rigor across all ballot types. Lloyd: we will want to ensure that the GOM reflects the full process once the full process is stabilized; in the transition period, the GOM needs to allow for th process envisioned as part of JIRA ballot submissions, but it doesn't necessarily need to reflect the degree of tightness in the JIRA submission. Lorraine: In principle, we still want to leave the review ballots with less rigor than Normative - that isn't something we want to change. Austin: The significant difference is in what type of dispositions you can assign to negatives. Discussion over the considered for future use disposition. Still is not approved by GOC for normative. Pilot needs to surface potential updates to the GOM. Lloyd: There are a set of GOM changes needed to allow us to use JIRA at all for balloting; discussion over timing and whether it would allow the pilot. The issue would be in respect to the Normative content. Lorraine notes those would be changes to the Essential Requirements, not the GOM. These changes would primarily affect the reconciliation period. Lorraine: Given that the ballot will open in early April, can we do appropriate communication and training for cochairs? Another issue is having a development environment for JIRA, which DJ is working on. Lloyd will continue to work to get something into place for people to test with accompanying documentation and education. Depending on the timeline, there are several options for this ballot cycle. Lorraine asks how TSC feels about how ballot pools are defined in this document. Lloyd notes that pools are established through ballot desktop as always. Lorraine notes it's about how comments are assigned to a ballot pool. Lloyd: The essential change is that if you try to ballot on an existing tracker item and that item isn't categorized, there is an error. There is one tracker for all comments, whether they come in as ballot items or not. Lorraine: We'll have five ballot pools for the FHIR normative content in the next ballot. Lloyd notes that they will all be on one tracker.
        • ACTION: Lloyd to submit a proof of concept to TSC with documentation of testing for 2018-03-05
        • ACTION: John Roberts to work with Lloyd and the GOC to examine any GOM/ER changes needed
        • ACTION: Lloyd to get existing FHIR rules for dispositions and send to TSC for review on 2018-02-26 call
    2. FHIR ballot stewardship
      • Lynn notes that when the FMG formed, the TSC was the sponsor of the FHIR ballot. Now the proponents want to submit a NIB and doesn't have the authority to do so, and would like FMG to sponsor the NIB. Question is can management groups sponsor ballots?
        • MOTION to allow management groups to be the primary sponsor of a project and manage the ballot activities associated with that project: Lorraine/Paul
        • AMENDMENT: To specifically allow FMG to act on behalf of the TSC by submitting the NIB on this project.
        • VOTE: All in favor
    3. WG Health revisions for this cycle
      • Need to tweak DMP metric
        • Carry forward
    4. Review revised withdrawal process/associated template(s) - Lynn Laakso
      • Carry forward
    5. IDMP PSS that was previously tabled:
      • MOTION to untable IDMP PSS issue and send to e-vote: Melva/Mary Kay
      • VOTE: All in favor
    6. Ensuring faster SD approvals in short ballot cycle
      • We have at least one late PSS going through DESD; if there is any way to accelerate these late approvals through SDs, we need that to happen. Melva reports they are now running 10 days.
    7. New Steering Division Co-Chair training
      • Need to mentor new SD cochairs. Usually the new SD cochair is mentored by the existing SD cochair; there is a special case where Austin is TSC chair as well as SD cochair and he is unable to mentor her as she should be mentored. Austin asks for a volunteer to help Mary Kay as she comes up to speed on general processes. Paul volunteers to help. Mary Kay would like to put together specifics about what the SDs do, due to a lack of information in general. Melva also is willing to work with Mary Kay.
    8. Review FHIR artifact governance process - referred to SGB
      • SGB will bring recommendation back to TSC
  5. Adjourned at 12:03 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.