2018-02-26 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-02-26
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
. Austin Kreisler Regrets Tony Julian . Jean Duteau . John Roberts, GOM Expert
. Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli . Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters . Russ Hamm . Austin Kreisler . Andy Stechishin
. Floyd Eisenberg . Paul Knapp . Mary Kay McDaniel . Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-02-19 TSC Call Agenda
    4. Availability for 2018-03-05 TSC meeting (HIMSS week)
  2. Review action items
    1. Steering divisions to start revising their missions and charters after 2018-04-06
    2. Melva to send out email to SDs to solicit volunteers for WG Health Task Force
    3. Wayne to coordinate with staff/EST regarding updates to website/wikis/member database for essentialism changes/updates
    4. Revised balloting process:
      • Lloyd to submit a proof of concept for the revised ballot process to TSC with documentation of testing for 2018-03-05
      • John Roberts to work with Lloyd/GOC to examine GOM/ER changes needed to move forward
      • Lloyd to get existing FHIR rules for dispositions and send to TSC for review on 2018-02-26 call
    5. Anne to go back to minutes and extract comments on Da Vinci to start a list for review
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6-0-0 with Giorgio, SSD-SD, ARB, DESD, John, and Jean voting:
    1. Project Approval Request by the BR&R WG of the DESD for FHIR resources to support IDMP 11615 Product Standard at Project Insight 1367 and TSC Tracker 15595
    2. Normative Publication Request by the Pharmacy WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Medication Statement and Administration Event, Release 1 at Project Insight 1353 and TSC Tracker 14406
    3. Normative Publication Request by the InM WG of the FTSD for Abstract Transport Specification, Release 1 at Project Insight 1021 and TSC Tracker 15594
    4. STU Extension Request by the OO WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Version 3 Specification: Ordering Service Interface, Release 1 at Project Insight 1010 and TSC Tracker 15595
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision; Assessment Scales, Release 1 at Project Insight 664 and TSC Tracker 15661
    2. Project Approval Request by the Structured Documents WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Pregnancy Status, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1398 and TSC Tracker 15662
    3. Project Approval Request from the Pharmacy WG of the DESD for US Medications Implementation Guide Update – Prescription Drug Monitoring Program at Project Insight 1393 and TSC Tracker 15663
    4. Withdrawal Request from the Structured Documents WG of the SSD-SD for V3 Medical Records, R1 at Project Insight N/A and TSC Tracker 14419
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Normative notification for FHIR normative ballot content
    2. Review revised withdrawal process/associated template(s) - Lynn Laakso
    3. Recommendation to TSC from SGB that CDAMG recruit a member to cover the clinical quality area
    4. Communicating HTA coordination process to WGs - from SGB
    5. Review Product Management Group responsibilities - from SGB
    6. WG Health revisions for this cycle re: DMP metric
    7. Review draft of TSC DMP - Ken McCaslin
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Review FHIR artifact governance process - referred to SGB
    2. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
      • US Realm didn't approve it yet because they wanted TSC feedback. Will consider if/when an updated PSS returns to TSC
    3. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    4. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    5. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    6. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    7. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    8. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues
    9. Interest/User Groups
    10. GOM updates
      • Including STU extensions
    11. Introducing external projects

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-02-19 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
    4. Availability for 2018-03-05 TSC meeting (HIMSS week)
      • People seem to be available.
  2. Review action items
    1. Steering divisions to start revising their missions and charters after 2018-04-06
    2. Melva to send out email to SDs to solicit volunteers for WG Health Task Force
      • Complete
    3. Wayne to coordinate with staff/EST regarding updates to website/wikis/member database for essentialism changes/updates
      • REmove
    4. Revised balloting process:
      • Lloyd to submit a proof of concept for the revised ballot process to TSC with documentation of testing for 2018-03-05
        • Carry forward
      • John Roberts to work with Lloyd/GOC to examine GOM/ER changes needed to move forward
        • Carry forward
      • Lloyd to get existing FHIR rules for dispositions and send to TSC for review on 2018-02-26 call
        • Submitted; add to discussion section
    5. Anne to go back to minutes and extract comments on Da Vinci to start a list for review
      • Complete; review document here
        • Reviewed. Added communication/coordination plan. Re: organizational membership - we really would want all of the individual members of Da Vinci to become organizational members. Discussion over #5 - should we have a TSC liaison? Other groups don't. Decision that numbers 6 and 7 are the pertinent issues. Need to communicate with them that we want a communication/coordination plan moving forward.
          • MOTION that we request a formal communication/coordination plan that extends throughout HL7 for the Da Vinci project: Lorraine/MK
          • VOTE: All in favor
            • ACTION: Wayne to forward this motion to Da Vinci
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. Normative notification for FHIR normative ballot content
      • FHIR submitted 5 NIBs, 4 for normative content and 1 with STU content.
        • MOTION that TSC requests HQ to do the normative notification to ANSI for the FHIR normative ballots: Lorraine/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
          • ACTION: Anne to add to HQ checklist
    2. Review revised withdrawal process/associated template(s) - Lynn Laakso
      • Lynn displays updated draft. Delineates and specifies if item was balloted and not published, published, or neither balloted nor published. Lynn asks about the de-affirmation ballot for published material; need guidance on how to change the Essential Requirements. Lynn has also drafted the withdrawal template (and others) in Confluence and is working on it. Lorraine notes that Austin was looking at other updates to the Essential Requirements.
        • ACTION: Table until next week/add to next week's agenda.
    3. Recommendation to TSC from SGB that CDAMG recruit a member to cover the clinical quality area
      • MOTION to allow CDAMG to add a member: Paul/Andy
      • VOTE: All in favor
    4. Existing FHIR rules for dispositions
      • Lloyd sent for review.
        • Decision to add to next week's agenda when Lloyd is attending.
          • ACTION: Anne to add link and add to next week's agenda.
          • ACTION: Anne to ask Lloyd to compare to current rules for all ballots.
    5. Communicating HTA coordination process to WGs - from SGB
      • Need to coordinate with Austin - extends beyond HTA.
        • ACTION: Carry forward
    6. Review Product Management Group responsibilities - from SGB
      • SGB put together the answer to Lloyd's question for TSC. Group reviews. MK asks who is responsible for what an IG needs to look like? Lorraine: It would be the methodology group for the Product Family. The Management Group would make sure those guidelines are put forward. Publishing also has some responsibility. MK asks where someone would find that information for each product family? No central location.
        • ACTION: Add "Easy access to relevant information" to parking lot
        • ACTION: Add "Ensuring IG consistency" to parking lot
          • MOTION to approve document: Paul/MK
          • MK would like to see ensuring IGs follow the established policies and procedures for IGs determined by the methodology group. Document is adjusted to reflect. MK accepts the amendment.
          • VOTE: All in favor
            • ACTION: Send back to Lloyd for review
    7. WG Health revisions for this cycle re: DMP metric
      • MOTION to extend the deadline until September for the new DMP while encouraging completion by May: Paul/MK
      • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to note if DMP has been received but not apply increments for those who have not completed yet.
    8. Review draft of TSC DMP - Ken McCaslin
      • Carry forward
  4. MK states that she's been working with the Medicaid Technical Assistance Committee; they've been encouraged to utilize standards, and they're starting to come to the table on that. They are looking at using FHIR resources for some projects, and want to have a Medicaid interoperability showcase at their national meeting in August. The use cases they're bringing forward all use FHIR resources. They need assistance, but MK isn't sure how to move forward with assisting them. They are looking for a sandbox environment, for example. MK reached out to Jean and Joginder with some questions. They may be reaching out to Wayne/Grahame at HIMSS with questions. Lorraine mentions the HSPC sandbox.
  5. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Review FHIR artifact governance process - referred to SGB
    2. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
      • US Realm didn't approve it yet because they wanted TSC feedback. Will consider if/when an updated PSS returns to TSC
    3. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    4. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    5. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    6. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    7. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    8. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues
    9. Interest/User Groups
    10. GOM updates
      • Including STU extensions
    11. Introducing external projects

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.