2018-03-05 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-03-05
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
. Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler . Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-02-26 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Revised balloting process:
      • Lloyd to submit a proof of concept for the revised ballot process to TSC with documentation of testing for 2018-03-05
      • John Roberts to work with Lloyd/GOC to examine GOM/ER changes needed to move forward
      • Anne to ask Lloyd to compare existing FHIR rules for dispositions with current rules for all ballots
        • Complete; link to sheet in discussion topics
    2. Wayne to follow up with Da Vinci to request a formal communication/coordination plan that extends throughout HL7
    3. Anne to add approval of FHIR normative ballots to HQ Project checklist for ANSI notification
      • Complete
    4. Communicating HTA coordination process to WGs - from SGB
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5-0-0 with SSD-SD, ARB, John Roberts, DESD, and T3SD voting:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision; Assessment Scales, Release 1 at Project Insight 664 and TSC Tracker 15661
    2. Project Approval Request by the Structured Documents WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Pregnancy Status, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1398 and TSC Tracker 15662
    3. Project Approval Request from the Pharmacy WG of the DESD for US Medications Implementation Guide Update – Prescription Drug Monitoring Program at Project Insight 1393 and TSC Tracker 15663
    4. Withdrawal Request from the Structured Documents WG of the SSD-SD for V3 Medical Records, R1 at Project Insight N/A and TSC Tracker 14419
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Revised Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for Guidance on Implementation of Standard Electronic Attachments for Health Care Transactions (ACP) at Project Insight 1389 and TSC Tracker 15152
    2. Normative Notification by the Security WG of the FTSD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Privacy and Security Architecture Framework - Trust Framework for Federated Authorization, Release 1 at Project Insight 914 and TSC Tracker 15719
    3. Normative Notification by the ITS WG of the FTSD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: Neutral Mapping Notation, Release 1 at Project Insight 1237 and TSC Tracker 15720
    4. Project Approval and Normative Notification by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Trauma Registry Data Submission, Release 2 at Project Insight 1311 and TSC Tracker 15718
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. FHIR Balloting - Lloyd McKenzie
      • Naming the Normative pieces of the ballot
      • Clinical Genomics IG PSS Update
      • Existing rules for dispositions
      • Proof of concept for the revised ballot process
    2. Review revised withdrawal process/associated template(s) - Lynn Laakso
    3. DMP Approval Process - Melva
    4. Communicating HTA coordination process to WGs
    5. Review draft of TSC DMP - Ken McCaslin
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Should we share info about other SDOs with TSC?
    2. Easy access to relevant information
    3. Ensuring IG consistency
    4. Review FHIR artifact governance process - referred to SGB
    5. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
      • US Realm didn't approve it yet because they wanted TSC feedback. Will consider if/when an updated PSS returns to TSC
    6. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    7. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    8. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    9. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    10. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    11. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues
    12. Interest/User Groups
    13. GOM updates
      • Including STU extensions
    14. Introducing external projects

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • Lynn and Lloyd here to discuss balloting topics
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • Approved
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-02-26 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Revised balloting process:
      • Lloyd to submit a proof of concept for the revised ballot process to TSC with documentation of testing for 2018-03-05
        • Complete
      • John Roberts to work with Lloyd/GOC to examine GOM/ER changes needed to move forward
        • Carry forward
      • Anne to ask Lloyd to compare existing FHIR rules for dispositions with current rules for all ballots
        • Complete; link to sheet in discussion topics
    2. Wayne to follow up with Da Vinci to request a formal communication/coordination plan that extends throughout HL7
      • Carry forward
    3. Anne to add approval of FHIR normative ballots to HQ Project checklist for ANSI notification
      • Complete
    4. Communicating HTA coordination process to WGs - from SGB
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. FHIR Balloting - Lloyd McKenzie
      • Naming the Normative pieces of the ballot
        • Lynn here to discuss. Need to submit a PINS to ANSI with the correct name for the normative FHIR ballots. FHIR Release 4 is what the STU ballot is named. The NIB name is FHIR Core Release 1; they are requesting, for example, FHIR Release 4 - Infrastructure. Need to have a release 1 added since it is the first normative release. Lloyd notes that release 1 won't appear anywhere within the FHIR spec. Discussion over balloting in packages, but then not having the content in packages within the spec. Discussion over how it is similar and different in Version 3. Lynn: Have to also consider CMETs, where you have a giant conglomeration called CMET that is coming up for reaffirmation. We need to know which pieces balloted Normative in which cycle - we must keep track of the same thing in FHIR. Need traceability of all the pieces over time for subsequent ballots such as reaffirmation. Lloyd: We do not want, five years from now, to be in constant reaffirmation ballots of content that went normative. Lynn: If you want to ballot under continuous maintenance, we need to know that immediately. Paul: Not sure that the consuming audience is prepared to do continuous update. Lloyd: Our cycle is 18 months, and the community has bought in to R3, R4, R5. The cycle may change once more things are normative. If continuous maintenance allows us to accumulate the normative content without having to go to reaffirmation ballot, that would be good. The label on the package as a whole should stay with R3, R4, R5 pattern rather than going to years. Lynn: For ANSI's purposes, we could do FHIR R4, Release 1. This first component of continuous maintenance, ANSI release 1, contains these components of R4. Austin suggests calling it ANSI Release 1. Need to find out if ANSI would seriously object to calling it Release 4. Could call it FHIR R4, ANSI Release 1.
          • Lynn to ask Karen if we can use the ANSI name in the title before approval.
          • MOTION to call it FHIR R4, Content Area, ANSI Candidate Release 1: Paul/MK
          • Ken is concerned that we're overloading the title, and it's not consistent with our naming conventions. If we're going to pilot a new naming convention, we need to put process in place to propose name changes. Lynn states that the naming conventions are structured so people can construct their title, but the TSC remains the ultimate authority in approving names. Would like to see us piloting a cleaner naming convention and not create all this syntax. Suggests removing candidate.
          • AMENDED MOTION: call it FHIR R4: Content Area, Release 1: Paul/MK
          • Lloyd notes that FHIR is not comfortable.
          • VOTE: Ken, ARB, John abstain. Remaining in favor.
      • Proof of concept for the revised ballot process
        • Reviewed Lloyd's JIRA balloting progress report and associated schedule. Discussion over plug-in requirements - will be written up today. This week will be adding data quality constraints. Core freeze is this week; next week is freeze on the complete spec. Starting March 11, they can start testing the test environment. Will also work on wiki documentation and YouTube videos. Week of March 18 - TSC decision of approach for balloting from 3 options: approve use of JIRA for tracking changes and balloting; approve use of JIRA for tacking changes, ballot using spreadsheets that only include vote and JIRA tracker number; or stay with gforge and transition to JIRA as soon as ballot closes.
        • Concerns raised over the fact that not everyone can get to JIRA, which is being worked on. Paul notes that TSC should determine which direction we're going earlier than later. Lloyd: Target for decision date is 3/19. Austin notes that is a very short time frame as we need more time to bring balloters up to speed. Austin's principle concern is people who are unfamiliar with both gforge and JIRA. Floyd: Concerned about moving people to gforge and then to JIRA - multiple changes can be problematic. Hard to move a large community fast. Lorraine: This isn't huge, but it is fast. And it's FHIR's first normative ballot. Paul: The fact that we don't have a test bed set up yet is a concern. Need to have tracker portion testable. Lloyd can have it testable by Thursday. Austin: need to have a significant plan for getting balloters up to speed. Melva: The videos need to be on the education portal as well.
      • Clinical Genomics IG PSS Update
        • PSS didn't state it was creating an IG. PSS has been updated to reflect IG creation. Seeking TSC approval to authorize them to proceed balloting the IG under that project.
          • MOTION to allow them to ballot this cycle with an updated PSS: Lorraine/Ken
          • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Carry forward to next week:
    1. Existing rules for dispositions
    2. Review revised withdrawal process/associated template(s) - Lynn Laakso
    3. DMP Approval Process - Melva
    4. Communicating HTA coordination process to WGs
    5. Review draft of TSC DMP - Ken McCaslin
  5. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Should we share info about other SDOs with TSC?
    2. Easy access to relevant information
    3. Ensuring IG consistency
    4. Review FHIR artifact governance process - referred to SGB
    5. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
      • US Realm didn't approve it yet because they wanted TSC feedback. Will consider if/when an updated PSS returns to TSC
    6. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    7. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    8. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    9. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    10. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    11. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues
    12. Interest/User Groups
    13. GOM updates
      • Including STU extensions

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.