2018-03-12 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-03-12
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
. Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
. Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm . Austin Kreisler x Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Lloyd McKenzie . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-03-05 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to follow up with Da Vinci to request a formal communication/coordination plan that extends throughout HL7
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7-0-0 with T3SD, John, Jean, Giorgio, ARB, DESD, and FTSD voting:
    1. Revised Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for Guidance on Implementation of Standard Electronic Attachments for Health Care Transactions (ACP) at Project Insight 1389 and TSC Tracker 15152
    2. Normative Notification by the Security WG of the FTSD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Privacy and Security Architecture Framework - Trust Framework for Federated Authorization, Release 1 at Project Insight 914 and TSC Tracker 15719
    3. Normative Notification by the ITS WG of the FTSD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: Neutral Mapping Notation, Release 1 at Project Insight 1237 and TSC Tracker 15720
    4. Project Approval and Normative Notification by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Trauma Registry Data Submission, Release 2 at Project Insight 1311 and TSC Tracker 15718
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Review/Approval of Updated Project Scope Statement Template at TSC Tracker 15768
    2. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the DESD for HL7 V 2.5.1 Implementation Guide for Syndromic Surveillance as a Standard for Trial Use at Project Insight 1401 and TSC Tracker 15766
    3. STU Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for C-CDA Advance Directives Templates at Project Insight 1323 and TSC Tracker 15765
    4. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Orthodontic Attachment Implementation Guide, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1402 and TSC Tracker 15762
    5. Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for Breast Cancer Modeling and FHIR Profile Development at Project Insight 1363 and TSC Tracker 15761
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. FHIR Balloting
      • Decision on direction for this cycle - 15 minutes
    2. Review draft of TSC DMP - Ken McCaslin
    3. DMP Approval Process - Melva
    4. Review revised withdrawal process/associated template(s) - Lynn Laakso
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Should we share info about other SDOs with TSC?
    2. Easy access to relevant information
    3. Ensuring IG consistency
    4. Review FHIR artifact governance process - referred to SGB
    5. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
      • US Realm didn't approve it yet because they wanted TSC feedback. Will consider if/when an updated PSS returns to TSC
    6. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    7. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    8. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    9. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    10. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    11. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues
    12. Interest/User Groups
    13. GOM updates
      • Including STU extensions
    14. Introducing external projects
    15. Communicating HTA coordination process to WGs
    16. FHIR issues
    17. RDAM

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    • Wayne chairing today.
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • Lynn Laakso, Lloyd McKenzie - FHIR balloting
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-03-05 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to follow up with Da Vinci to request a formal communication/coordination plan that extends throughout HL7
      • Carry forward
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. FHIR Balloting
      • Decision on direction for this cycle - 15 minutes
        • Lloyd notes that JIRA is not ready for testing yet. As an alternative, can we set an expectation for balloters to use Gforge for submitting FHIR-related content in the upcoming cycle? Rationale is that it took 40 hours to get the spreadsheet-related content clean and ready, and it's likely to take even longer this time. Lorraine: What percentage of existing balloters already do it that way? Lloyd: Around 25%. Melva is concerned that it will work for affiliates and organization. Floyd agrees; for the technical folks who are used to gforge its fine, but those who aren't would need a lot of technical instruction. Lorraine notes communication/teaching timelines are short. Lloyd: We can initiate communication later this week. Floyd: If you're forcing people to move to gforge, and then the next round moving them to JIRA, that's a lot of changes. Wayne: Is it possible to offer gforge as an option for those who are comfortable with it, and get you some temporary help to process the spreadsheet votes? Lloyd: We will do what we can to encourage people voluntarily to use gforge; it would be helpful then to have some help with the triage process. Floyd: While we may not be doing JIRA now, I don't want to end up two months before September to say we're testing now. Lloyd: We'll migrate the tracker to JIRA shortly after the WGM. We can't continue to stay on gforge, especially when we're doing normative ballot reconciliation. We'll offer training in Cologne. Lorraine would like the communication plan to come back here. Floyd wants to register that we need non-technical and new people able to easily participate.
          • ACTION: Lloyd will send testing and communication plan for review next Monday
    2. Review draft of TSC DMP - Ken McCaslin
      • Reviewed Ken's proposed changes. Discussion over quorum and whether or not an international representative is required; not formally noted anywhere. Will revisit once Austin is back.
      • Discussion over ballot approval vote options being different than e-vote. E-vote is A/N/B/R and ballot has been approve or not approve. Decision that they shouldn't be different.
      • Discussion over e-vote timing and e-vote quorum. Melva notes the different quorum for e-votes vs. meetings for the WGs. Decision that it should be the same for TSC for e-votes/meetings.
      • Ken will make adjustments and send back for review when Austin is back.
    3. DMP Approval Process - Melva
      • Melva notes that when the new DMP came out, Karen's instruction was to review DMPs and then let the SD cochairs know. SD cochairs then approve. SD cochairs have never approved DMPs. Melva is concerned that when they make changes, it shouldn't be up to the SDs to approve. Who should approve when they ask for a variation on the template? Ken: You guys should do a review and validate that they haven't gone off the deep end. Melva: If we disagree with what they've done, what do we do? Wayne notes that it should escalate to TSC, then. Floyd notes that in most cases it will be adding restrictions rather than subtracting. We want to look out for anything that refutes the base DMP. Main thing is to review and make sure they haven't broken anything badly - for example, reducing quorum.
    4. Review ballot spreadsheet and revised withdrawal process/associated template(s) - Lynn Laakso
      • Lynn displays ballot spreadsheet for initial review.
      • Will review withdrawal template next time
    5. Open issues:
      • Should we share info about other SDOs with TSC? Wayne could distribute the information he gets with TSC. Lorraine: Would like to see more from organizations that HL7 is participating in on things, like HSPC. Wayne says he can get things posted on a wiki from ISO. Melva: Pharmacy has a close connection with ISO as well as IHE pharmacy, and we have a problem that they often ask for comments, but don't have access to the material. We also don't know about the projects until someone brings them forward. Need WGs to be aware of things going on that overlap. Wayne gets items from ISO that he could forward/post to the wiki.
      • Easy access to relevant information - add to Cologne
      • Ensuring IG consistency - add to ARB agenda


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.