2018-03-19 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-03-19
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler . Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel . Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-03-12 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to follow up with Da Vinci to request a formal communication/coordination plan that extends throughout HL7
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. STU Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for C-CDA Advance Directives Templates at Project Insight 1323 and TSC Tracker 15765
      • Referred by DESD: Publication request needs to be updated – in includes track changes suggesting update to the ballot vote – it was not updated. The request indicates 45 affirmative votes (there were 58) and 23 negative votes (10 remain). Need to update request for approval – can approve with update but assure there are no other updates to be made by asking the WG.
    2. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Orthodontic Attachment Implementation Guide, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1402 and TSC Tracker 15762
      • Referred by DESD:
        • Notes indicate, “Careful coordination with the ADA – we will likely need a letter from them allowing us to publish value sets comprised of SNODENT codes within the guide.”
        • Does not include Steering Division approval date.
        • Does this PSS require review by ARB since it will include content from another organization?
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5-0-0 with DESD, John, Giorgio, T3SD, and Jean voting:
    1. Review/Approval of Updated Project Scope Statement Template at TSC Tracker 15768
    2. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the DESD for HL7 V 2.5.1 Implementation Guide for Syndromic Surveillance as a Standard for Trial Use at Project Insight 1401 and TSC Tracker 15766
    3. Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for Breast Cancer Modeling and FHIR Profile Development at Project Insight 1363 and TSC Tracker 15761
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. 2018May ballot spreadsheet review/approval
    2. Project Approval Request by the Conformance WG of the FTSD for Creating and Managing Data Type Flavors in HL7 v2.x Specifications at Project Insight 1397 and TSC Tracker 15804
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Review ballot spreadsheet and revised withdrawal process/associated template(s) - Lynn
    2. Review Lloyd's JIRA balloting testing and communication plan - deferred to next week at Lloyd's request
    3. Review Ken's edited DMP document
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Easy access to relevant information - add to Cologne agenda
    2. Ensuring IG consistency - sent to ARB
    3. Review FHIR artifact governance process - referred to SGB
    4. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
      • US Realm didn't approve it yet because they wanted TSC feedback. Will consider if/when an updated PSS returns to TSC
    5. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    6. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    7. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    8. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    9. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    10. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues
    11. Interest/User Groups
    12. GOM updates
      • Including STU extensions
    13. Introducing external projects
    14. Communicating HTA coordination process to WGs
    15. FHIR issues
    16. RDAM - planned for next week

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • Future agenda: Upcoming claims attachment regulation
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-03-12 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to follow up with Da Vinci to request a formal communication/coordination plan that extends throughout HL7
      • Still negotiating SOU
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. STU Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for C-CDA Advance Directives Templates at Project Insight 1323 and TSC Tracker 15765
      • Referred by DESD: Publication request needs to be updated – in includes track changes suggesting update to the ballot vote – it was not updated. The request indicates 45 affirmative votes (there were 58) and 23 negative votes (10 remain). Need to update request for approval – can approve with update but assure there are no other updates to be made by asking the WG.
        • MOTION to approve pending updated vote counts: Mary Kay/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
    2. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Orthodontic Attachment Implementation Guide, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1402 and TSC Tracker 15762
      • Referred by DESD:
        • Notes indicate, “Careful coordination with the ADA – we will likely need a letter from them allowing us to publish value sets comprised of SNODENT codes within the guide.”
        • Does not include Steering Division approval date.
        • Does this PSS require review by ARB since it will include content from another organization?
          • Melva reports that DESD approved March 11. SNODENT codes suggest HTA should be involved. Need clarification on use of SNODENT and licensing/use of the value sets. If it falls under SNOMED then we may be okay. They are listed as wanting to ballot in May be there was no NIB submitted. Lynn notes that the NIB was drafted but not submitted, so it didn't go out with the ballot announcement.
            • ACTION: Austin will send a note to HTA copying Melva/WG regarding the SNODENT issue
            • ACTION: Melva to notify the WG regarding the NIB
            • ACTION: Add follow up to next week's agenda
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Review ballot spreadsheet and revised withdrawal process/associated template(s) - Lynn
      • Reviewed ballot spreadsheet. RE: BRIDG - needs CDISC joint copyright. Should be getting it this week. Will either handle it by e-vote or voice vote next week. Reviewed items that require additional actions. Discussion over FHIR path going normative if CQL is STU. Need to follow up on the issue.
      • Reviewed Lynn's updated withdrawal template. Would need an update to the essential requirements to allow for "de-affirmation" ballot. Paul: We need to do it with sufficient time in case a re-affirmation is then required. Discussion over circumstances in which a withdrawal would be withdrawn and reaffirmed instead. May need to separate normative vs. STU.
        • ACTION: Add to 2018-04-02 agenda for continued discussion
    2. Review Lloyd's JIRA balloting testing and communication plan
      • Deferred to next week at Lloyd's request
    3. Review Ken's edited DMP document -
      • Add to next week
  5. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Easy access to relevant information - add to Cologne agenda
    2. Ensuring IG consistency - sent to ARB
    3. Review FHIR artifact governance process - referred to SGB
    4. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
      • US Realm didn't approve it yet because they wanted TSC feedback. Will consider if/when an updated PSS returns to TSC
    5. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    6. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    7. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    8. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    9. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    10. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues
    11. Interest/User Groups
    12. GOM updates
      • Including STU extensions
    13. Introducing external projects
    14. Communicating HTA coordination process to WGs
    15. FHIR issues
    16. RDAM - planned for next week


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.