2018-04-02 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-04-02
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler Regrets Andy Stechishin
. Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Steve Hufnagel . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-03-26 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to follow up with Da Vinci to request a formal communication/coordination plan that extends throughout HL7
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6-0-0 with Giorgio, ARB, Jean, DESD, John, and T3SD voting:
    1. Unballoted STU Update publication request from the Public Health WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting, Release 1.1 STU Release" at Project Insight 1208 and TSC Tracker 15836
    2. Informative Publication Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: THEMES (Terminology Harmonization in Exercise Medicine and Exercise Science) Framework, Release 1 at Project Insight 1246 and TSC Tracker 15835
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Review/Approval of V2 Management Group Mission and Charter at TSC Tracker 15873
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. 2018May ballot spreadsheet review/approval of remaining items
      • CQL publishing
    2. RDAM - Steve Hufnagel
    3. Implementation of TSC existentialism steering division changes
    4. Review of Ken's edited DMP document - Ken McCaslin
    5. Withdrawal template - continued discussion: Lynn Laakso
    6. Review of Lloyd's JIRA balloting testing and communication plan - Lloyd McKenzie
  1. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Easy access to relevant information - add to Cologne agenda
    2. Ensuring IG consistency - sent to ARB
    3. Review FHIR artifact governance process - referred to SGB
    4. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
      • US Realm didn't approve it yet because they wanted TSC feedback. Will consider if/when an updated PSS returns to TSC
    5. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    6. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    7. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    8. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    9. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    10. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues
    11. Interest/User Groups
    12. GOM updates
      • Including STU extensions
    13. Introducing external projects
    14. Communicating HTA coordination process to WGs
    15. FHIR issues

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • Lynn here for ballot items; Steve here for RDAM
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • Approved
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-03-26 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to follow up with Da Vinci to request a formal communication/coordination plan that extends throughout HL7
      • Talked about it Friday. Wayne is sending a request for a communication plan today.
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. 2018May ballot spreadsheet review/approval of remaining items
      • 1310: We now have a signed copyright agreement
      • 1311: No content submitted. If they can get it to Lynn today, she can include it in the ballot.
      • 1345: Reconciliation incomplete.
      • 1051 and 1052: No content submitted. If they can get it to Lynn today, she can include it in the ballot.
        • MOTION to approve all except 1345; content on outstanding items must be submitted by 5 pm Eastern today: Lorraine/Melva
        • VOTE: All in favor
      • CQL publishing
        • Lorraine notes that last cycle, they worked to get CIMI publishing in the same style as FHIR. CQL wants to do the same thing. Lynn reports that DJ will have the CQL bucket up today so we can load it. Austin wants TSC to consider what sort of process we need to do this in the future. Lorraine suggests we insist they go through the HL7 publication director as a last step.
    2. RDAM - Steve Hufnagel
      • Technical RDAM PSS
        • Being sponsored by CIC, cosponsored by CIMI and EHR. Provides mapping between EHR system functions and the CIMI information model. Is TSC satisfied with the sponsor/co-sponsors? First phase is a pilot study using immunization, aligning with the January ballot to show the technical process of how the RDAM would be constructed and used. Will report out in Cologne, and then in September to the TSC re: lessons learned. Will be on cloud-based version of Sparks so WGs can easily contribute. Discussion over how you get from initial requirements to C-CDA, FHIR, etc.; Steve provided an article describing how the RDAM could be used. Austin notes that the products section needs to be updated. Lorraine has concerns about defining a methodology for all of the HL7 WGs. Other groups are also doing similar things. Steve says he and Ken Lord from SOA are working together and the projects are complimentary. Lorraine says there is a separate project coming out of SOA around a reference architecture that isn't suggesting affecting HL7 methodology. Steve states he is aware and planning on aligning with those. Steve asks who should be the cosponsors on the investigative study? Should they work with PLA? Austin states that M&M is responsible for methodology in HL7. Steve says he discussed with MnM and they stated they would be an interested stakeholder; they could also be a cosponsor on the investigative study. Lorraine notes that ARB does some pieces of methodology as well. Lorraine is more comfortable approving the technical PSS than the investigative at this point. Steve asks how they should proceed with the investigative study.
          • MOTION to allow the technical project go through the normal approval processes: John/Melva
          • VOTE: Mary Kay abstains. Remaining in favor.
      • Investigative RDAM PSS
        • Primary question is what group should take the lead on moving this forward? Not sure PLA is the lead. Doesn't fit in current scope. May fit inside SGB's mandate as it is trying to identify precepts. Lorraine states it's really about identifying methodology. Need to determine if there's a need for something like this, which is a question that SGB could answer. If there is a need, then there should be a precept that says that, and then methodology would have to figure out how that is going to happen. Ken: What we're really talking about is cross-paradigm and how that works. Question to SGB is how do we manage those things? Too early in the process to decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Austin: Version 3 was an attempt to do this. Paul: We seem to have a few people coming forward with the one new methodology to rule all. How do we respond to those situations because we can't do them all? There should be an examination of the community of use. Needs to be more business justification than technical justification.
          • ACTION: SGB will take a look at the RDAM investigative piece and make a recommendation.
    3. Implementation of TSC essentialism steering division changes
      • OO wanted to stay where they were. Devices didn't want to move from Clinical. This Friday was when we were going to begin the transition.
        • ACTION: Add in-depth discussion to Monday's agenda
    4. Review of Ken's edited DMP document - Ken McCaslin
      • No international representatives on today's call, and the edits specifically apply to them.
        • ACTION: Add to 2018-04-16 agenda
    5. CDS publishing: Paul notes that CDS sent a publication request for VMR-CDS SML Specification. Name is incorrect. The url of the publication material could be an IP leak. Re: reconcilation - ballot desktop says the ballot was postponed. They are asking to publish normative balloted content as STU. Paul is concerned that the ballot site should not say it was postponed. Problem is that they modified the document based on the normative ballot that they did that the ballot site states was postponed.
      • ACTION: Check with Lynn on ballot site issue
  4. Carry forward:
    1. Withdrawal template - continued discussion: Lynn Laakso
    2. Review of Lloyd's JIRA balloting testing and communication plan - Lloyd McKenzie
  5. Adjourned at 11:02 am Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.