2018-04-23 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-04-23
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
Regrets Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Clinical Infrastructure Administrative Organizational Support
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler Regrets Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-04-16 TSC Call Agenda
    4. Forward any Cologne agenda items to Austin
    5. Plans to implement password protection on TSC GoToMeeting
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to discuss comments on the JRIA balloting, testing, and communication plan with Lloyd
    2. John to look at GOM updates that were made and analyze status of TSC requested updates
    3. Ken to reach out to HQ to determine if cochair meeting facilitator training issues should be a Monday evening topic
    4. John, Lynn, Anne to touch base on updating language around withdrawals for Essential Requirements
      • Initial chart drafted/updates discussed - Lynn here to present
    5. Essentialism Actions
      1. SDs to look at their Mission and Charters and make updates in Cologne
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the Clinical SD for Common Clinical Registry Framework: Core Data Elements for Registry Interoperability at Project Insight 1391 and TSC Tracker 15953
      • Referred by Jean
    2. Normative Publication Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 EHRS-FM Release 2 Functional Profile: Meaningful Use 2015 Edition at Project Insight 1261 and TSC Tracker 15949
      • Referred by OSSD: There is an outstanding negative.
      • Need to discuss updating the publication request form to indicate that a recirculation ballot has occurred to address outstanding negative
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5-0-0 with CSD, Giorgio, ARB, Jean, and OSSD voting:
    1. WG Dissolution Request by the Healthcare Standards Integration WG
    2. STU Extension/Unballoted STU Update Request from the CDS WG of the Clinical SD forHL7 Implementation Guide: Decision Support Service, Release 1at Project Insight 1018 and TSC Tracker 15950
    3. Unballoted STU Update Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Decision Support; Virtual Medical Record (vMR) Templates, Release 1 at Project Insight 1030 and TSC Tracker 15951
    4. STU Extension Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Public Health Case Report, Release 2: the Electronic Initial Case Report (eICR), Release 1, STU Release 1.1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1216 and TSC Tracker 15952
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Review/Approval of Updated Specification Withdrawal Template at TSC Tracker 16014
    2. Review/Approval of Updated Publication Request Template at TSC Tracker 16013
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. MOTION to discontinue board reports; items that need to be referred to the board should be sent to the CTO for inclusion in the CTO's board report: Ken/Wayne
    2. Review Ken's edited DMP document
    3. Further comments on JIRA balloting, testing, and communication plan
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Interest/User Groups
    2. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-04-16 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes approved by general consent
    4. Forward any Cologne agenda items to Austin
    5. Plans to implement password protection on TSC GoToMeeting
      • This is to avoid our interloper. People who want to join will have to contact Anne for the password. We will be distributing the password this week for use on next week’s call.
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to discuss comments on the JRIA balloting, testing, and communication plan with Lloyd
    2. John to look at GOM updates that were made and analyze status of TSC requested updates
      • Group reviews GOM section on extensions. TSC can now approve extending up to five years from the original release for comment date. Beyond that, the request must go to the Executive Committee.
    3. Ken to reach out to HQ to determine if cochair meeting facilitator training issues should be a Monday evening topic
      • Carry forward
    4. John, Lynn, Anne to touch base on updating language around withdrawals for Essential Requirements
      • Initial chart drafted/updates discussed - Lynn here to present
        • Lynn displays the grid of each available option for each ballot type. It looks as though the Essential Requirements would not have to be updated to accomodate the de-affirmation process but TSC will need to define process. May be a simple update to the wording for reaffirmation.
          • ACTION: Anne to add updated form to e-vote
    5. Essentialism Actions
      1. SDs to look at their Mission and Charters and make updates in Cologne
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the Clinical SD for Common Clinical Registry Framework: Core Data Elements for Registry Interoperability at Project Insight 1391 and TSC Tracker 15953
      • Referred by Jean
        • Jean doesn’t see how this furthers HL7 standards. The idea is to go and look at things and come up with a core set of data elements for clinical registry, but Jean doesn’t understand the purpose and who would use it. FHIR wouldn’t use it. CDA is already using something. Just not sure who would use these. Lorraine states clinical registries are used more in the research community. Jean still isn’t sure why HL7 would do this. Lorraine: The core question is, is this in our scope? We are participating in clinical pathway stuff with other organizations. Paul: Other countries have an interest in defining minimal clinical data set, which is often used for quality measures. Not sure how this differs. Melva notes this got a lot of discussion in New Orleans. It is a weird project.
          • ACTION: Anne to invite them to next call to discuss project. TSC members to put together list of questions/concerns.
    2. Normative Publication Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 EHRS-FM Release 2 Functional Profile: Meaningful Use 2015 Edition at Project Insight 1261 and TSC Tracker 15949
      • Referred by OSSD: There is an outstanding negative.
      • Need to discuss updating the publication request form to indicate that a recirculation ballot has occurred to address outstanding negative
        • MOTION to approve and deal with the process issue separately: Lorraine/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
      • Need to update the form to reference successful recirculation and in what cycle that recirculation occurred.
        • ACTION: Lynn to look into what kind of change could be made on the form to reflect recirculation ballots.
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. MOTION to discontinue board reports; items that need to be referred to the board should be sent to the CTO for inclusion in the CTO's board report: Ken/Wayne
      • Original purpose was for a communication path between those WGs doing organizational support and the board. Wayne is proposing that WGs in the OSSD send issues to Wayne for inclusion in a report to the Board. Discussion over whether that would make the issues more obscure. Austin notes that the steering division itself requested to discontinue the reports in New Orleans. Wayne will put this notion forth to the Board in the consent agenda for approval. Lorraine wonders if the appropriate communication path is only through Wayne. Paul suggests that issues should perhaps be raised through the TSC chair.
      • MOTION to table until next week: Paul/John
      • VOTE: All in favor
    2. Review Ken's edited DMP document
      • The one outstanding issue was regarding quorum, specifically about international representatives being part of quorum. Currently it is 5 + chair, including 2 steering divisions. Should we add international participation as part of quorum? Melva recognizes the quorum issue but need to be conscious of agenda items if we don’t have an international rep. If we know we need international representatives, we should be conscious of tabling the issue until we have an international representative on the call. Ken asks if there is a feeling that, without international representation, the TSC would not be mindful of international interests? Melva would prefer that international rep was part of quorum requirements but understands that it makes things difficult; the international perspective is really important for an international organization. Lorraine: For TSC, unless we’re talking about US Realm items, everything we discuss has international perspective. Ken notes that, through Robert’s Rules, we have the ability to re-open an issue if Jean and Giorgio are absent but have an issue with a TSC decision that was made in their absence. Austin mentions the possibility of raising the bar on quorum requirements on our e-votes.
        • MOTION to leave meeting quorum where it is but have an additional criteria for e-vote that they must have 1 or more international representative votes: Ken/Jean
        • VOTE: All in favor
          • ACTION: Ken to amend document for Anne to send out in e-vote
    3. Further comments on JIRA balloting, testing, and communication plan
      • Carry forward

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Lev

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.