2018-05-16 TSC WGM Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Wednesday meeting for Cologne WGM

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: Salon 3, Neumarkt

Date:2018-05-16
Time: 12:30 PM
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
x Giorgio Cangioli HL7 Affiliate Representative
Regrets Lorraine Constable HL7 ARB Co-Chair
Regrets Jean Duteau HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Floyd Eisenberg HL7 DESD Co-chair
Russ Hamm HL7 FTSD Co-chair
? Pat Van Dyke HL7 Immediate Past Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
? Chuck Jaffe HL7 CEO (member ex officio w/o vote)
Regrets Tony Julian HL7 ARB Co-Chair
x Paul Knapp HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Regrets Austin Kreisler TSC Chair, SSD-SD Co-chair
x Wayne Kubick HL7 CTO (TSC member ex officio w/vote)
x Ken McCaslin Adhoc Member
x Mary Kay McDaniel SSD-SD Co-chair
x John Roberts Adhoc Member - GOM Expert
x Anne Wizauer(scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ
x Melva Peters HL7 DESD Co-Chair
Regrets Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Sandra Stuart HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)

Agenda Topics

  1. Feedback from Monday night Steering Divisions
  2. TSC SWOT and feedback to the Board
  3. Technology roadmap and tooling
  4. TSC Mission and Charter review - add to upcoming call/e-vote

Minutes

  1. Feedback from Monday night Steering Divisions
    • Clinical: CDS didn’t attend. Arden will be requesting to move into Clinical. Clinical Statement will be requesting to dissolve. Started DMP and M&C review. Melva notes that steering divisions need to align more closely on their DMPs. Ken suggests abandoning current DMPs and doing the newest addendum/default process. Looked at RDAM PSS; it raised all sorts of concerns.
      • ACTION: Melva will pull SD M&Cs and DMPs to develop a harmonized version.
    • Infrastructure: No particular issues. Looked at two PSSs, one of which is contentious. It is to further test and develop a methodology for doing mapping when a WG has developed a specification which they have implemented something in one family and can compare to implementation in another family. It is not a mapping between families, it’s a mapping between usages.
    • Organizational Support: Did not have quorum.
    • Administrative: MK reports that everyone was there and all got stars. Attachments and the upcoming regulation is a concern; there is a perceived expectation of how HL7 is going to help them answer questions across the US Realm. There is a belief that the Attachments regulation is going to happen and there is going to be some serious lack of understanding across the US as to what that will look like. WEDI has set up the database in the past and farmed questions out to the appropriate SDO. Not sure it will all work the same way this time. There needs to be a heads up on the expectations. Looked at the DMP.
  2. TSC SWOT and feedback to the Board
    • Calvin would like to solicit a SWOT analysis of the internal and external strengths and weakness that we have as an organization, for presentation to the Board. The Board will also do a SWOT from their perspective. Would like to have this for the retreat to see if we need to make any changes, and then make it an annual touchpoint going forward. Want to review it by 2018-07-09. Steering divisions should submit to TSC by that date. Calvin will be making the same request to the International Council.
      • ACTION: Steering Divisions to do SWOT analysis and submit to TSC by 2018-07-09
  3. Technology roadmap and tooling
    • Wayne has drafted a roadmap that covers the three year horizon for the product families with a capsule summary of where the product family list, as well as slotting it in on the product life cycle. There are also graphics showing major milestones moving forward. The tooling strategy is another document describing the tooling traps organizations get into with some strategic guidelines regarding how tooling could and should be done. We have collaboration tools, standards development & publishing tools, administrative tools, and then implementation support tooling that we need to make decisions about. MK states that if we don’t have a clear picture of what is being done within the organization, how can we figure out if our tooling strategy is adequate? Wayne states we have projects that we do that are core to HL7’s mission and vision, and then we have others where people are using HL7 to get something done. We have to accommodate both kinds, but the core projects are priority.
  4. TSC Mission and Charter review - add to upcoming call/e-vote
    • ACTION: Ken will take a pass at reviewing/proposing edits by mid-June

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.