2018-06-04 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-06-04
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler . Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli . Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler . Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-04-30_TSC_Call_Agenda
    4. Approve Minutes of 2018-05-12 TSC WGM Agenda
    5. Approve Minutes of 2018-05-13 TSC WGM Agenda
    6. Approve Minutes of 2018-05-16 TSC WGM Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Melva will pull SD M&Cs and DMPs to develop a harmonized version
    2. Steering Divisions to do SWOT analysis and submit to TSC by 2018-07-09
    3. Ken will take a pass at reviewing/proposing edits to TSC Mission and Charter by mid-June
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
  4. Approval items for this week:
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. ARB Definition of Guidance Document
    2. CDA-MG, CIMI-MG, and V2MG candidates
    3. WG move issues/requests (from TSC WGM minutes)
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. WG Health task force
    2. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    3. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    4. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    5. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    6. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    7. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    8. Interest/User Groups
    9. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • Add naming conventions for standards
      • Add discussion on continuous maintenance
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-04-30_TSC_Call_Agenda
    4. Approve Minutes of 2018-05-12 TSC WGM Agenda
    5. Approve Minutes of 2018-05-13 TSC WGM Agenda
    6. Approve Minutes of 2018-05-16 TSC WGM Agenda
      • All minutes approved via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Melva will pull SD M&Cs and DMPs to develop a harmonized version
      • M&Cs are not as different as she thought after beginning review, but we still need a template.
        • ACTION: Melva to put together an M&C template for steering division cochairs to use to update their M&Cs
        • ACTION: Melva to develop default DMP for steering divisions
    2. Steering Divisions to do SWOT analysis and submit to TSC by 2018-07-09
      • Austin clarifies that the request is from the Board for the TSC to create a SWOT-like analysis for the organization. Steering Divisions can do a SWOT with an eye to an overall view of the organization as a whole, and then the TSC will be providing feedback to the board. Calvin wants a perspective from the TSC; in addition there will be perspectives presented from leadership, the board itself, and affiliate council.
        • ACTION: SDs invited to submit input to organization SWOT by 2018-06-25
    3. Ken will take a pass at reviewing/proposing edits to TSC Mission and Charter by mid-June
      • May go out to e-vote this week
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    • Project Approval Request by the Pharmacy WG of the CSD for MedicationKnowledge and Medication Logical Model - FHIR at Project Insight 1409 and TSC Tracker 16234
      • MOTION to approve: Melva/Calvin
      • VOTE: All in favor
    • Revised generic product family mission and charter
      • Reviewed Ken’s suggested changes.
        • MOTION to accept changing Work Group to be capitalized in all instances and changing issues to concerns in the Mission statement, and approve the boilerplate as edited: Lorraine/Melva
        • VOTE: All in favor
  1. Discussion topics:
    1. ARB Definition of Guidance Document
      • Lorraine: We developed a Confluence page for this issue but need to do one more run-through before we bring to TSC.
        • ACTION: Add to 2018-06-18 TSC agenda
    2. CDA-MG, CIMI-MG, and V2MG candidates
      • SGB will be reviewing V2 candidates this week – will be putting out a request for international and payer perspective candidates. Should have recommendations next Monday.
      • CIMI has received an additional candidate, but we’re not sure a CIMI-MG is appropriate at this point. There is some controversy on whether it’s ready/mature enough.
      • Will be reviewing additional CDA candidates in upcoming weeks.
    3. WG move issues/requests (from TSC WGM minutes)
      • Clinical Statement will merge with OO; request is on this week’s e-vote. Austin cautions SD cochairs to look at what is driving requests as they come in. Arden is requesting to move into Clinical. SD review can happen in parallel. Melva thinks we should deal with the move first and then the potential merge. Arden does not want to merge, they just want to move.
    4. Standards Naming Task Force
      • Desire is to simplify the naming convention. Austin would like to stand up a task force to develop a proposal for the HL7 ER and GOM. Paul and John would be happy to help. Austin will lead the group. Calvin will help as he can. Austin will also invite Lynn and Lloyd, who has already put together a proposal from the FHIR perspective.
    5. FHIR and Continuous Maintenance
      • Consensus seems to be that we need to send this to SGB for discussion. Need to verify that there wouldn’t be changes necessary in the ER or the GOM. Need to describe how FHIR would approach this. Have experience with this already with the V3 RIM.
  2. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. WG Health task force
    2. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    3. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    4. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    5. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    6. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    7. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    8. Interest/User Groups
    9. Substantive change/management group responsibilities


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.