2018-06-18 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-06-18
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable Regrets Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Clinical Infrastructure Administrative Organizational Support
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler x Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-06-11 TSC Call Agenda
    4. Attendance check for 2018-07-02?
  2. Review action items
    1. Melva to put together an M&C template for steering division cochairs to use to update their M&Cs
    2. Melva to develop default DMP for steering divisions
    3. SDs are invited to submit input to organizational SWOT by 2018-06-25
    4. Austin to stand up a naming convention task force
    5. Austin to craft co-chair messaging on the formal process of redirecting ballot comments; also make sure it gets into the JIRA ballot process
    6. John to get the process for redirecting ballot comments onto the GOC agenda
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5-0-0 with Ken, Giorgio, John, Clinical SD, Jean, and Administrative SD voting:
    1. Review/Approval of Updated Pharmacy WG Mission and Charter at TSC Tracker 17338
    2. Project Approval Request by the Structured Docs WG of the ISD for CDA XSL update for CDA Release 2.1 at Project Insight 1421 and TSC Tracker 17339
    3. Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of the CSD for FHIR Resources for Evidence-Based Medicine Knowledge Assets (EBMonFHIR) at Project Insight 1422 and TSC Tracker 17340
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Review/Approve Updated Withdrawal Request Template
    2. Normative Publication Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Decision Support Service Release 2, Normative Standard Release 1 at Project Insight 1015 and TSC Tracker 17369
    3. Normative Publication Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Normative Standard Release 2 at Project Insight 1017 and TSC Tracker 17370
    4. Project Approval Request by the Financial Management WG of the Administrative SD for FHIR Implementation Guide for Coverage Requirements Discovery at Project Insight 1428 and TSC Tracker 17371
    5. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the Administrative SD for Attachments Frequently asked Questions (FAQ) living document at Project Insight 1415 and TSC Tracker 17372
    6. Review/Comment on Proposed Mission and Charter Template for Steering Divisions
    7. Review/Comment on Board Strategic Goals
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. SGB Candidate for CDAMG
    2. TSC Mission and Charter
    3. Review board's strategic goals
    4. TSC SWOT
    5. ARB definition of Implementation Guide
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR
    2. WG Health task force
    3. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    4. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    5. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    6. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    7. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    8. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    9. Interest/User Groups
    10. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-06-11 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
    4. Attendance check for 2018-07-02?
      • Lorraine and Melva will be out.
      • ACTION: Send Anne/Austin an email on whether or not you’re available
  2. Review action items
    1. Melva to put together an M&C template for steering division cochairs to use to update their M&Cs
    2. Melva to develop default DMP for steering divisions
      • Melva will send to Anne for distribution in e-vote
    3. SDs are invited to submit input to organizational SWOT by 2018-06-25
      • Carry forward
    4. Austin to stand up a naming convention task force
      • Will likely kick off next week
    5. Austin to craft co-chair messaging on the formal process of redirecting ballot comments; also make sure it gets into the JIRA ballot process
      • Working on this. Some guidance has already been put out by FMG but more clarification is needed as confusion is still rampant. People should consult with management groups or steering division representatives on specific cases that are more complex. Melva notes a case where something came in on tracker that should have been on spread sheet. As we figure things out, the issues should be considered in the requirements for JIRA balloting. There is no one size fits all solution for some of these things.
        • ACTION: Add JIRA requirements to handle these issues to open issues
    6. John to get the process for redirecting ballot comments onto the GOC agenda
      • Carry forward
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5-0-0 with Ken, Giorgio, John, Clinical SD, Jean, and Administrative SD voting:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Structured Docs WG of the ISD for CDA XSL update for CDA Release 2.1 at Project Insight 1421 and TSC Tracker 17339
    2. Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of the CSD for FHIR Resources for Evidence-Based Medicine Knowledge Assets (EBMonFHIR) at Project Insight 1422 and TSC Tracker 17340
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. SGB Candidate for CDAMG
      • MOTION to approve Yan Heras as a new member of CDAMG: Paul/Ken
      • VOTE: Mary Kay abstains. Remaining in favor.
    2. TSC Mission and Charter
      • John suggests WGs should be spelled out as Work Groups and when it’s WG it should be Working Group. MK suggests that we include a glossary section. Lorraine notes that we could eventually reference/link to a section in Confluence. MK notes that in the section referencing SOUs, we don’t mention joint project plans and how they are managed.
        • ACTION: Anne to make suggested updates from e-vote comments and send out for review
    3. Review board's strategic goals
      • Group reviews. Discussion over “standards to solutions” statement. Is overall a marketing/positioning goal. Should talk about what we can do to present things in an accessible/understandable way in September. Lorraine: We can certainly do better with communications to stakeholders – that is an opportunity we have in order to enhance our image. Things like protecting the right to ballot are good issues for TSC. Paul: Did we communicate the reorganization of the steering divisions with anyone? Communication is one of our key weaknesses. Should we do more to increase awareness of projects? MK: We don’t manage what’s in process. We approve a project plan but we don’t know how it ends up until it’s balloted. Andy: An opportunity is to increase the communication of the progress of projects. Communication should improve both externally and internally is the overall message.
        • ACTION: Anne to include these objectives in e-vote this week for review; people should use this to identify issues to be included in the TSC SWOT
    4. TSC SWOT
    5. ARB definition of Implementation Guide
      • Also includes guidance document. Group reviews.
        • MOTION to approve: Tony/Ken
        • Discussion over whether or not IGs provide constraints. Need to find Functional Profile definition that describes constraints and extensions.
          • AMENDED MOTION to add in “Specifications of any constraints and/or extensions to the referenced standard” in the first set of indented bullets: Tony/Ken
          • VOTE: All in favor
          • ACTION: Add communicating/circulating definition of IGs to PFMGs to parking lot
  5. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR
    2. WG Health task force
    3. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    4. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    5. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    6. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    7. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    8. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    9. Interest/User Groups
    10. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.