2018-07-09 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-07-09
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau Regrets John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli Regrets Ken McCaslin
Clinical Infrastructure Administrative Organizational Support
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler Regrets Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-06-25 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. All to send any comments to Austin regarding co-chair message draft on the formal process of redirecting ballot comments
    2. Paul to ask the proponents of the FHIR Implementation Guide for Coverage Requirements Discovery project to consider the comments from 2018-06-25, make appropriate updates, and resubmit to TSC
    3. ARB/Austin to look at crafting boilerplate statement to replace current SAIF statements.
  3. Approval items from previous weeks referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the Administrative SD for Attachments Frequently asked Questions (FAQ) living document at Project Insight 1415 and TSC Tracker 17372
      • Referred by ARB
    2. Withdrawal Request by the SOA WG of the Infrastructure SD for Medication Statement Service Profile at Project Insight 838 and TSC Tracker 17415
      • Referred by Infrastructure SD: I can't see the deaffirmation ballot results
    3. Informative Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Supplemental QRDA Clinical Quality Data Sharing User Guide, Release 1 at Project Insight 1215 and TSC Tracker 17416
      • Referred by Infrastructure SD: While this meets our rules, I would like to understand why 19 negatives remain.
  4. Approval items from 6/29 e-vote approved 6-0-0 with Giorgio, Jean, OSSD, ARB, John Roberts, and CSD voting:
    1. STU Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Nutrition, Release 1 at Project Insight 1371 and TSC Tracker 17417
    2. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Bidirectional Services eReferrals (BSeR) at Project Insight 1423 and TSC Tracker 17418
  5. Approval items from 7/6 e-vote approved 8-0-0 with ARB, John, ASD, CSD, Giorgio, ISD, OSSD, and Jean voting:
    1. Withdrawal Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Informative Document: A Framework for Standards to Report Quality Measures, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1039 and TSC Tracker 17418
  6. Approval items for this week:
    1. Updated Project Approval Request by the Financial Management WG of the Administrative SD for FHIR Implementation Guide for Coverage Requirements Discovery at Project Insight 1428 and TSC Tracker 17371
    2. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: Gaps in Care Reporting" at Project Insight 1427 and TSC Tracker 17470
    3. Steering Division Change Request by the Clinical Genomics WG of the Infrastructure SD at TSC Tracker 17471
    4. Review/Comment on JIRA Ballot Communication Plan
  7. Discussion topics:
    1. Steering Division Elections - Administrative Steering Division Candidate
    2. Further discussion of Updated Withdrawal Request Template
    3. TSC SWOT
      • Continued discussion of board's strategic goals
        • Comments:
          • "Establish FHIR as the primary standard for global health data interoperability" effectively tells the community that all of the other work is no longer supported. FHIR is not mature enough. If this is in fact the direction, why would one remain an HL7 member unless they are on FHIR? The use case of large-scale implementation has not been achieved. 99% of our day-to-day operations are V2, and if HL7 is committing all of the resources to FHIR, then there is no perceived organizational support.
    4. JIRA Ballot Communication Plan - Jean
    5. Da Vinci communication/external content questions
  8. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Definition of external content
    2. Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR
    3. WG Health task force
    4. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    5. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    6. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    7. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    8. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    9. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    10. Interest/User Groups
    11. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-06-25 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes approved via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. All to send any comments to Austin regarding co-chair message draft on the formal process of redirecting ballot comments
      • Complete
    2. Paul to ask the proponents of the FHIR Implementation Guide for Coverage Requirements Discovery project to consider the comments from 2018-06-25, make appropriate updates, and resubmit to TSC
      • MK reports that they made adjustments and sent back.
        • ACTION: Anne to add to e-vote
    3. ARB/Austin to look at crafting boilerplate statement to replace current SAIF statements.
      • Meeting today to work on this
  3. Approval items from previous weeks referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the Administrative SD for Attachments Frequently asked Questions (FAQ) living document at Project Insight 1415 and TSC Tracker 17372
      • Referred by ARB
        • Supposed to be a living document done in conjunction with other standards organizations. We haven’t done a living document or FAQs this way in the past. No provision for updating informative document in this manner. We have an STU update process but nothing similar for informative. FAQs have been handled outside the balloting process. MK: If they had known there was a different way to have FAQs reviewed, perhaps they would have gone that direction instead. If there is a different process that doesn’t include balloting that would probably use that. This work is being done in conjunction with WEDI and X12. Discussion over process previously used with FAQs and if we want to do it similarly. If it’s balloted informative, that implies that it’s static. Wayne: The advantage to balloting would be exposure.
          • MOTION to approve and recommend that if they’re going to ballot they do so as a comment ballot and publish them via the appropriate HL7 FAQ publishing mechanism, either the help desk or something that replaces it (to be determined): Tony/Paul
          • VOTE: All in favor
            • ACTION: Coordinate with Wayne/EST on how and where to publish
    2. Withdrawal Request by the SOA WG of the Infrastructure SD for Medication Statement Service Profile at Project Insight 838 and TSC Tracker 17415
      • Referred by Infrastructure SD: I can't see the deaffirmation ballot results
        • MOTION that Melva will follow up on whether they’re simply closing the project or withdrawing: Paul/Melva
        • VOTE: All in favor
    3. Informative Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Supplemental QRDA Clinical Quality Data Sharing User Guide, Release 1 at Project Insight 1215 and TSC Tracker 17416
      • Referred by Infrastructure SD: While this meets our rules, I would like to understand why 19 negatives remain.
        • Floyd responds that they did request that people withdraw their negatives, but they were unable to on the ballot site due to length of time past ballot; every one has been followed up with. Group unaware that there was a time limit to withdraw negatives on the ballot site.
          • MOTION to approve: Paul/Floyd
          • VOTE: All in favor
            • ACTION: Austin to ask Lynn about about the time limit is on withdrawing negatives
  4. Approval items from 6/29 e-vote approved 6-0-0 with Giorgio, Jean, OSSD, ARB, John Roberts, and CSD voting:
    1. STU Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Nutrition, Release 1 at Project Insight 1371 and TSC Tracker 17417
    2. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Bidirectional Services eReferrals (BSeR) at Project Insight 1423 and TSC Tracker 17418
  5. Approval items from 7/6 e-vote approved 8-0-0 with ARB, John, ASD, CSD, Giorgio, ISD, OSSD, and Jean voting:
    1. Withdrawal Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Informative Document: A Framework for Standards to Report Quality Measures, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1039 and TSC Tracker 17418
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Steering Division Elections - Administrative Steering Division Candidate
      • There is no Administrative SD candidate as of right now. Austin would like some names of individuals we could approach to run as a write-in. Melva notes that David Pyke was interested in running for Clinical; perhaps he would consider Administrative.
        • ACTION: Austin to reach out to David
    2. Further discussion of Updated Withdrawal Request Template
      • Carry forward
    3. TSC SWOT
      • Continued discussion of board's strategic goals
        • Comments:
          • "Establish FHIR as the primary standard for global health data interoperability" effectively tells the community that all of the other work is no longer supported. FHIR is not mature enough. If this is in fact the direction, why would one remain an HL7 member unless they are on FHIR? The use case of large-scale implementation has not been achieved. 99% of our day-to-day operations are V2, and if HL7 is committing all of the resources to FHIR, then there is no perceived organizational support.
            • Discussion: Wayne states the concern is out of context. Melva: There was discussion that we don’t support all the standards to the same level that we do with FHIR. Lorraine: We need to make sure that we don’t abandon the stakeholder communities that are using the other standards. Austin: What can we add to the SWOT that addresses the concern? Want to avoid the perception that other standards are being abandoned. Lorraine notes that the item about organizational vitality presents an opportunity to continue to ensure the value of our ballot process to members.
              • ACTION: Email Austin/copy TSCadmins SWOT items that you identify for review next week
    4. JIRA Ballot Communication Plan – Jean
      • Group reviews. There will be a separate training plan. Paul wonders if it is unnecessarily aggressive to do this with FHIR Core? Jean notes that this ballot of FHIR Core is more restrictive, but if it’s too big we’ll do it with something different. Paul suggests selecting something smaller. Discussion over who selects – TSC? Not sure. Test plan should be out this week.
        • ACTION: Jean will discuss ballot selection process with project team
          • MOTION to approve the communication plan: MK/Melva
            • Further conversation: Group is concerned that 8/24 is too late for membership at large to be notified for the first time.
              • ACTION: Anne to send to e-vote for further comments before formal vote
    5. Da Vinci communication/external content questions
      • They have been sent the template; waiting to hear back.
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Definition of external content
    2. Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR
    3. WG Health task force
    4. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    5. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    6. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    7. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    8. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    9. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    10. Interest/User Groups
    11. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.