2018-07-16 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-07-16
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Clinical Infrastructure Administrative Organizational Support
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler x Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg . Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-07-09 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Mary Kay to coordinate with Wayne/EST on how and where to publish the Attachments Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Living Document
    2. Melva to follow up on whether SOA is closing or withdrawing Medication Statement Service Profile
    3. Austin to ask Lynn about about the time limit is on withdrawing negatives
    4. Austin to reach out to David Pyke regarding running for Administrative SD cochair position
    5. All to email Austin/copy TSCadmins SWOT items that you identify for review
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. Updated Project Approval Request by the Financial Management WG of the Administrative SD for FHIR Implementation Guide for Coverage Requirements Discovery at Project Insight 1428 and TSC Tracker 17371
    2. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: Gaps in Care Reporting" at Project Insight 1427 and TSC Tracker 17470
    3. Steering Division Change Request by the Arden Syntax WG of the Infrastructure SD at TSC Tracker 17471
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Project Approval Request by the BR&R WG of the CSD for BRIDG Model Update at Project Insight 1310 and TSC Tracker 17490
    2. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the CSD for Vital Records Domain Analysis Model Specification Mapping at Project Insight 1432 and TSC Tracker 17491
    3. Project Approval Request by the CBCP WG of the CSD for Electronic Long-Term Services and Supports (eLTSS) Service Plan at Project Insight 1431 and TSC Tracker 17492
    4. Informative Publication Request by the Clinical Genomics WG of the CSD for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Clinical Genomics, R1 at Project Insight 1254 and TSC Tracker 17493
    5. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the CSD for HL7 FHIR® Profile: Quality, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1125 and TSC Tracker 17494
    6. Normative Publication Request by the OO WG of the ASD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guide: UDI Pattern at Project Insight 1369 and TSC Tracker 17496
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. TSC SWOT
    2. JIRA Ballot Communication Plan - further discussion
    3. Further discussion of Updated Withdrawal Request Template
      • Suggestion from Karen: instead of "deaffirmation ballot," call it a "withdrawal ballot" to avoid confusion
      • Suggestion from Lynn: Actions should be different for an STU that has a future expiration date (an active STU), Active STUs would go through the withdrawal/deaffirmation ballot. Expired STUs would not go through ballot.
    4. Da Vinci communication/external content questions
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Definition of external content
    2. Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR
    3. WG Health task force
    4. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    5. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    6. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    7. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    8. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    9. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    10. Interest/User Groups
    11. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • ACTION: Add for next time: Requirements for document repository for project materials
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-07-09 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Mary Kay to coordinate with Wayne/EST on how and where to publish the Attachments Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Living Document
      • Working on scheduling a meeting to discuss. Carry forward
    2. Melva to follow up on whether SOA is closing or withdrawing Medication Statement Service Profile
      • They are withdrawing and need to do a de-affirmation ballot. Will follow up with Vince.
    3. Austin to ask Lynn about the time limit is on withdrawing negatives
      • The non-normative time limit is two years. If you contact Lynn she can re-enable it. Normative ballots have a time limit of one year. How should we make people aware of this? The issue is balloters’ time limit to withdraw their negatives.
        • ACTION: Austin to research where to document guidance on this.
        • ACTION: Add to parking lot
    4. Austin to reach out to David Pyke regarding running for Administrative SD cochair position
      • Write-in candidate is now Riki Merrick
    5. All to email Austin/copy TSCadmins SWOT items that you identify for review
      • Will review today
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. Updated Project Approval Request by the Financial Management WG of the Administrative SD for FHIR Implementation Guide for Coverage Requirements Discovery at Project Insight 1428 and TSC Tracker 17371
      • ARB: Document repository is vague. Needs a specific URL. Paul/MK will provide
        • MOTION to approve: Tony/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
    2. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: Gaps in Care Reporting" at Project Insight 1427 and TSC Tracker 17470
      • approved via e-vote
    3. Steering Division Change Request by the Arden Syntax WG of the Infrastructure SD at TSC Tracker 17471
      • Jean objects. Arden clearly fits in Infrastructure. Not creating clinical models – they’re creating rules on how to create clinical models. They are closely linked with CDS, but not sure why they need to be in the same steering division. Melva is leaning towards letting them move because of affiliations with other WGs. Lorraine agrees – we had said we would leave it up to the WGs to decide. Paul notes CDS is also infrastructural; sees value in the two of them being together. Discussion over CQI’s and OO’s placement as well. Austin: As part of Arden’s move, they should have to revise their M&C to include who they are working with in Clinical.
      • ACTION: Table for continued discussion on upcoming call
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Processing many items that came in over the weekend - stay tuned!
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. JIRA Ballot Communication Plan - further discussion
      • Lorraine: Announcement to membership should be aligned with ballot announcement instead of opening. Wayne: We could make an announcement that this is in process for particular ballots. Jean added that to the updated plan. Jean: Are these the conceptual points in time that we should be communicating even if this is pushed forward to a future ballot cycle? Are these the right communication points? Lorraine: When do we release the training materials to the members at large? Jean will add. Paul: Overall these are the steps.
        • ACTION: Add scoping the content of the ballots for FHIR to parking lot
          • MOTION to approve this communication plan subject to the TSC approval of the pilot going forward: Lorraine/Paul
          • VOTE: Jean abstains. Remaining in favor.
    2. Further discussion of Updated Withdrawal Request Template
      • Suggestion from Karen: instead of "deaffirmation ballot," call it a "withdrawal ballot" to avoid confusion
        • Group agrees
      • Suggestion from Lynn: Actions should be different for an STU that has a future expiration date (an active STU), Active STUs would go through the withdrawal/deaffirmation ballot. Expired STUs would not go through ballot.
        • Austin: What about those things that have been allowed to expire but are cited in regulation? Discussion over in what circumstance an item like that would be withdrawn in the first place. Wayne: We still need to define a separate status for those cited items. Perhaps those things transition to informative. Paul: But then its name will change. Floyd: If it’s expired, can we just let it expire and not withdraw? Reviewed table.
          • ACTION: Table for a future call
          • Melva and Floyd depart
    3. TSC SWOT
    4. Da Vinci communication/external content questions
      • Carry foward

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.