2018-07-23 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-07-23
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable Regrets Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Clinical Infrastructure Administrative Organizational Support
Regrets Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler x Andy Stechishin
Regrets Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-07-16 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Mary Kay to coordinate with Wayne/EST on how and where to publish the Attachments Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Living Document
    2. Austin to research where to document guidance on time limits for withdrawing negatives
    3. Review guidance on document repository requirements for projects
      • Guidelines are clear on the PSS template with instructions. Will be resolved with move to Confluence.
  3. Approval items from previous weeks referred for discussion:
    1. Continued discussion of Steering Division Change Request by the Arden Syntax WG of the Infrastructure SD at TSC Tracker 17471
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the CBCP WG of the CSD for Electronic Long-Term Services and Supports (eLTSS) Service Plan at Project Insight 1431 and TSC Tracker 17492
      • Referred by CSD: Would be acceptable with ARB approval (Currently pending)
    2. Normative Publication Request by the OO WG of the ASD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guide: UDI Pattern at Project Insight 1369 and TSC Tracker 17496
      • Referred by CSD: The item is cross-paradigm but lists FHIR and CDA families – does the request require approval from FMG and CDA Management Group before TSC approval? If not, it seems acceptable.
        • Anne has added to FMG And CDAMG agendas
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6-0-0 with John, OSSD, CSD, Jean, Ken, Giorgio, and ARB voting:
    1. Project Approval Request by the BR&R WG of the CSD for BRIDG Model Update at Project Insight 1310 and TSC Tracker 17490
    2. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the CSD for Vital Records Domain Analysis Model Specification Mapping at Project Insight 1432 and TSC Tracker 17491
    3. Informative Publication Request by the Clinical Genomics WG of the CSD for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Clinical Genomics, R1 at Project Insight 1254 and TSC Tracker 17493
    4. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the CSD for HL7 FHIR® Profile: Quality, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1125 and TSC Tracker 17494
  6. Approval items for this week:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the MnM WG of the ISD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Core Principles and Properties of V3 Models at Project Insight 1152 and TSC Tracker 17544
    2. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the CSD for "FHIR Implementation Guide for Data Exchange for Quality Measures at Project Insight 1429 and [TSC Tracker 17545
    3. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the CSD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Clinical Quality Language (CQL)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) - Release 1, US Realm STU 3 at Project Insight 1142 and [TSC Tracker 17546
    4. Review/Comment on Draft Steering Division DMP at TSC Tracker 17547
    5. Review/Comment on PBS Metric Guidance for SD Cochairs at TSC Tracker 17548
    6. Review/Comment on ARB Definition of External Content
    7. Initial Review of the 2018Sep Ballot Items
  7. Discussion topics:
    1. Review of PBS Metric Guidance for SD Cochairs - Freida
    2. Document repository requirements for project materials
    3. Further discussion of Updated Withdrawal Request Template
      • Suggestion from Lynn: Actions should be different for an STU that has a future expiration date (an active STU), Active STUs would go through the withdrawal/deaffirmation ballot. Expired STUs would not go through ballot.
        • Notes from previous call:
          • Austin: What about those things that have been allowed to expire but are cited in regulation? Discussion over in what circumstance an item like that would be withdrawn in the first place. Wayne: We still need to define a separate status for those cited items. Perhaps those things transition to informative. Paul: But then its name will change. Floyd: If it’s expired, can we just let it expire and not withdraw? Decision to table for future call.
    4. Da Vinci communication/external content questions
  1. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. What do we do with the help desk?
    2. Scoping the content of the FHIR ballots
    3. Time limits for withdrawing negatives
    4. Definition of external content
    5. Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR
    6. WG Health task force
    7. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    8. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    9. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    10. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    11. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    12. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    13. Interest/User Groups
    14. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • Paul would like to add expectations for the next FHIR ballot
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-07-16 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes approved via general consent.
  2. Review action items
    1. Mary Kay to coordinate with Wayne/EST on how and where to publish the Attachments Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Living Document
      • They met and are working on an updated document and an appropriate location/method of distribution. Complicating factor is that the current helpdesk software will be going away in a few months. Policy question remains on whether it should be members only; the desire is to distribute it more broadly to the public. They would like a link on the website to Attachments Frequently Asked Questions.
        • Carry forward to next week for update
    2. Austin to research where to document guidance on time limits for withdrawing negatives
      • Carry forward
    3. Review guidance on document repository requirements for projects
      • Guidelines are clear on the PSS template with instructions. Will be resolved with move to Confluence.
  3. Approval items from previous weeks referred for discussion:
    1. Continued discussion of Steering Division Change Request by the Arden Syntax WG of the Infrastructure SD at TSC Tracker 17471
      • ACTION: Tabled until next week when we have representatives from the Clinical SD
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the CBCP WG of the CSD for Electronic Long-Term Services and Supports (eLTSS) Service Plan at Project Insight 1431 and TSC Tracker 17492
      • Referred by CSD: Would be acceptable with ARB approval (Currently pending)
        • ARB states they do not need to approve the content. The content is not really external.
          • MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Paul
          • VOTE: All in favor
    2. Normative Publication Request by the OO WG of the ASD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guide: UDI Pattern at Project Insight 1369 and TSC Tracker 17496
      • Referred by CSD: The item is cross-paradigm but lists FHIR and CDA families – does the request require approval from FMG and CDA Management Group before TSC approval? If not, it seems acceptable.
        • Anne has added to FMG And CDAMG agendas
          • Carry forward
  5. Anne will be sending out the NIB list. Austin would like to people to start looking at the alternate names requested this week.
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Review of PBS Metric Guidance for SD Cochairs – Freida
      • Freida describes the document and recent changes. This is a tool for SD cochairs.
      • ACTION: Anne to send out to e-vote for review; Freida to return next week if any questions arise.
    2. Further discussion of Updated Withdrawal Request Template
      • Suggestion from Lynn: Actions should be different for an STU that has a future expiration date (an active STU), Active STUs would go through the withdrawal/deaffirmation ballot. Expired STUs would not go through ballot.
        • Notes from previous call:
          • Austin: What about those things that have been allowed to expire but are cited in regulation? Discussion over in what circumstance an item like that would be withdrawn in the first place. Wayne: We still need to define a separate status for those cited items. Perhaps those things transition to informative. Paul: But then its name will change. Floyd: If it’s expired, can we just let it expire and not withdraw? Decision to table for future call.
            • Austin thinks part of our problem is that we don’t have a state model on these documents. Austin has discussed with ARB; perhaps it could be a cooperative effort between ARB and Project Services. Paul notes the problem arose when we took away automatic withdrawal. Will need to update the GOM and the Project Services life cycle document once the state model is complete. Lorraine: Can we come to conclusion on the normative piece?
              • MOTION that the ARB review with Project Services as advisory: Ken/John
              • AMENDMENT that the ARB propose a state model with Project Services as advisory: Ken/John
              • VOTE: All in favor
    3. Da Vinci communication/external content questions
      • ARB has come up with a proposed definition of what we mean by external content as WGs are frequently confused. External content is an artifact already developed by an outside organization that someone is bringing to ballot inside HL7. ARB definition is here. Discussion over specific examples in FM and BRR. Lorraine states that if a group went off and developed something but brought it back to the WG and they approved it, then it’s not external anymore. Discussion over whether DMPs are being followed. The WG has to somehow do a review and make a decision. Austin: We need to identify some common patterns for WGs to follow. Closed development needs to have common checkpoints prior to ballot. MK notes that Da Vinci is having meetings 2 and 3 days a week outside of HL7 processes that are not open. Paul notes they should periodically bring their content back to committee for review. Lorraine notes that the PSS doesn’t anticipate this kind of situation. Paul: If the content is dropped on the committee a week or two before it’s supposed to go out, that is an issue for the committee. Austin: We need to lay out a framework that allows committees to describe an approach and timelines for updates and report-outs. Perhaps we need a new section in the DMP regarding project management responsibilities.
        • ACTION: Add to e-vote for comment and add to next week’s agenda


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.