2018-09-10 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
. Austin Kreisler . Tony Julian . Jean Duteau . John Roberts, GOM Expert
. Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli . Ken McCaslin
Clinical Infrastructure Administrative Organizational Support
. Melva Peters . Russ Hamm . Austin Kreisler . Andy Stechishin
. Floyd Eisenberg . Paul Knapp . Mary Kay McDaniel . Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-08-27 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin to research where to document guidance on time limits for withdrawing negatives
    2. Austin to review MK's report on how and where to publish the Attachments Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Living Document
    3. Austin to contact Robert Jenders regarding the delayed status of the Arden Syntax WG's request to move to the Clinical SD
  3. Approval Items from Previous Weeks Referred for Discussion:
    1. Review/Approve Mission and Charter Template for Steering Divisions
      • Referred by John Roberts: Need to specifically state that a Steering Division mission is to identify and resolve any scope gaps or redundancies between the Working Groups of the Steering Division and between the Steering Division and other Steering Divisions.
      • Referred by Clinical Steering Division: Need comments from other Steering Divisions. Need to determine if SAIF statement is appropriate for Steering Division.
      • Referred by Organizational Support Steering Division
    2. Review/Approve DMP for Steering Divisions
      • Referred by Clinical Steering Division: Need comments from other Steering Divisions
      • Referred by Organizational Support Steering Division
    3. Project Approval Request by the CIMI WG of the Infrastructure SD for Technical Reference Domain Analysis Model (RDAM) Mapping at Project Insight 1413 and TSC Tracker 17700
      • Referred by ARB et al - will display comments on call
    4. Project Approval Request by the CIMI WG of the Infrastructure SD for CIMI Analysis Normal Form (ANF) Project at Project Insight 1430 and TSC Tracker 17702
    5. Approval of updated DMP Addendum at TSC Tracker 17703
      • Referred by ARB et al - will display comments on call
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the BRIDG WG of the Clinical SD for BRIDG R4 at Project Insight 1310 and TSC Tracker 17739
      • Referred by ARB: Improper disposition issues
    2. Review all proposed GOM updates
      • Referred by ARB: Wi1805003 – remove their from the sentence : The HL7 Associate Executive Director or their designee, with the assistance of the HL7 CTO…” While correct usage, the word “their” is superfluous in the context.
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6-0-0 with Clinical SD, Administrative SD, Giorgio, Jean, ARB, and Organizational Support SD voting:
    1. Ken's proposed change to GOM update 09.02.07.06
  6. Approval items for this week:
    1. STU Publication Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: Clinical Quality Language, Release 1 at Project Insight 1108 and TSC Tracker 17883
  7. Discussion topics:
    1. Withdrawal Process
    2. ARB Definition of External Content
  8. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Archetype publication for CIMI
    2. Withdrawal template/state model
    3. What do we do with the help desk?
    4. Scoping the content of the FHIR ballots
    5. Time limits for withdrawing negatives
    6. Definition of external content
    7. Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR
    8. WG Health task force
    9. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    10. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    11. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    12. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    13. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    14. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    15. Interest/User Groups
    16. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • Lynn here
    2. Austin notes that Pete Gilbert passed away unexpectedly last week. He worked for HL7 headquarters several years ago, and was just elected to join the TSC as a steering division cochair. We will have to identify a replacement. We have time to conduct a second election before the end of the year. Will likely hold the election after the WGM. Sandy has a meeting scheduled with Andy to discuss potential candidates. There is a memorial website for Pete that was sent out if people would like to post a note.
    3. Agenda review and approval -
      • No additions
    4. Approve Minutes of 2018-08-27 TSC Call Agenda
      • Accepted via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin has posted a lessons learned section on Confluence for this ballot cycle
    2. Austin to research where to document guidance on time limits for withdrawing negatives
      • Need to document in the co-chair handbook but also communicate on the ballot site. Have proposed that we make modifications to the ballot site to notify cochairs when they request that negatives be withdrawn if it’s too late, as opposed to voters going to withdraw and finding that they can’t. This may be difficult due to how the ballot site is set up. Could also modify PBS metrics to include a metric reflecting when a ballot is approaching the two year time limit for reconciliation. Lynn: There is a field in the database called post-close ending date. Could expose that date on the idle ballot report and show in the cochair view on the ballot desktop. Melva will add this to PBS metrics/WG health review. Could add link to additional documentation to ballot desktop. Lynn: Adding to idle ballot report would be easy but ballot desktop editing is difficult.
    3. Austin to review MK's report on how and where to publish the Attachments Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Living Document
      • There are a number of things for HQ to follow up on to address this, as well as EST and board action re: whether it’s a member benefit. Help Desk is currently a member benefit. Wayne: The EC has exempted the Attachments document from the members only rule. Goal is to get the attachments document up by the end of the year.
    4. Austin to contact Robert Jenders regarding the delayed status of the Arden Syntax WG's request to move to the Clinical SD
      • Complete. Will discuss Saturday in Baltimore during a discussion on the role of steering divisions.
  3. Approval Items from Previous Weeks Referred for Discussion:
    1. Review/Approve Mission and Charter Template for Steering Divisions
      • Referred by John Roberts: Need to specifically state that a Steering Division mission is to identify and resolve any scope gaps or redundancies between the Working Groups of the Steering Division and between the Steering Division and other Steering Divisions.
      • Referred by Clinical Steering Division: Need comments from other Steering Divisions. Need to determine if SAIF statement is appropriate for Steering Division.
      • Referred by Organizational Support Steering Division
        • Carry forward
    2. Review/Approve DMP for Steering Divisions
      • Referred by Clinical Steering Division: Need comments from other Steering Divisions
      • Referred by Organizational Support Steering Division
        • Carry forward
    3. Project Approval Request by the CIMI WG of the Infrastructure SD for Technical Reference Domain Analysis Model (RDAM) Mapping at Project Insight 1413 and TSC Tracker 17700
      • Referred by ARB et al - will display comments on call
        • Lorraine: A core issue is that this PSS makes the assumption that we’ve already agreed to bring the FHIM in, and we haven’t made that call yet. Discussion over what part of CIMI is being mapped – it’s not clear to this group. The CIMI cochairs don’t understand either, Lorraine notes. Paul: Since the FHIM is not part of any of the HL7 methodologies, we could excise that piece and ask if this maps the EHRS-FM to the CIMI reference model, which has been balloted but not published. Ken: We should reject the work in its entirety and request that a project be put together that clearly communicates what they’re doing with the engagement of the WG. Noted that the WG has already approved this. Wayne: We should get the other cochairs to come in and speak to this. Can’t just talk to Steve. Paul: Why don’t we invite the cochairs and Steve to discuss what the WG intends to do and answer our questions. Lorraine: To approve, we’d need to excise the FHIM and have increased clarity. What else would we want changed? Wayne: Another problem is that this is being conveyed as HL7 policy. Also an issue over US Realm-ness. US realm is checked but below states it’s universal with US Realm exemplars.
          • MOTION to reject the project and invite cochairs to upcoming call: Melva/Tony
          • VOTE: All in favor
            • ACTION: Austin to invite CIMI cochairs and Steve to next week’s call. Send ARB comments from e-vote.
          • MOTION: Austin to ask them to hold off presenting newsletter in Baltimore: Lorraine/MK
          • VOTE: All in favor
    4. Project Approval Request by the CIMI WG of the Infrastructure SD for CIMI Analysis Normal Form (ANF) Project at Project Insight 1430 and TSC Tracker 17702
      • ’’’Referred by ARB’’’: Displayed comments. Lists 3 comment ballots. No cosponsors – CDS should be consulted. Realm issues. Paul states the steering division version isn’t what was in the e-vote. Can’t publish comment ballots – do they understand that? Must eventually be informative or STU.
        • MOTION to ask WG to make suggested updates: Lorraine/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Paul to communicate issues to WG
    5. Approval of updated DMP Addendum at TSC Tracker 17703
      • Referred by ARB et al - will display comments on call
        • Carry forward
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the BRIDG WG of the Clinical SD for BRIDG R4 at Project Insight 1310 and TSC Tracker 17739
      • Referred by ARB: Improper disposition issues. No values in disposition column for some items.
        • MOTION to approve subject to correction of disposition values: Wayne/Tony
          • Lorraine: I don’t think we should approve it until it’s fixed.
        • MOTION to ask WG to update the dispositions and then bring back the request for approval: Wayne/Tony
        • VOTE: All in favor.
          • ACTION: Melva to send note to BR&R cochcairs
    2. Review all proposed GOM updates
      • Referred by ARB: Wi1805003 – remove their from the sentence : The HL7 Associate Executive Director or their designee, with the assistance of the HL7 CTO…” While correct usage, the word “their” is superfluous in the context.
        • MOTION to approve the recommendation: Ken/Lorraine
        • VOTE: Jean is opposed. Remaining in favor.
          • ACTION: Anne to work with John to send to GOC
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6-0-0 with Clinical SD, Administrative SD, Giorgio, Jean, ARB, and Organizational Support SD voting:
    1. Ken's proposed change to GOM update 09.02.07.06
      • ACTION: Ken to send to GOC
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Withdrawal Process
    2. ARB Definition of External Content
      • Carry forward
  7. Adjourned at 12:01 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.