2018-09-17 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-09-17
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable Regrets Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Clinical Infrastructure Administrative Organizational Support
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler x Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Bryn Rhodes x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-09-10 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin to work with Lynn/Dave on time limit for withdrawing negatives issue
    2. Austin to 1) ask Steve to hold off presenting newsletter in Baltimore and 2) invite CIMI cochairs and Steve to next week’s call. Send ARB comments from e-vote.
    3. Paul to communicate issues identified by TSC on the CIMI Analysis Normal Form (ANF) Project and ask the WG to make updates
    4. Melva to communicate with BR&R regarding improper disposition issues in BRIDG R4 reconciliation package
    5. Anne/John to communicate ARB's proposed edit of Wi1805003 to GOC
    6. Ken to send his proposed change to GOM update 09.02.07.06 to GOC
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. STU Publication Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: Clinical Quality Language, Release 1 at Project Insight 1108 and TSC Tracker 17883
      • Referred by ARB: On the standards grid (official reference to standards), CQL is published as a pdf. The publication requests complete replacement of http://cql.hl7.org, which currently has a web version of STU 1, Release 2. How are we linking that with the Standards Grid? Which is the authoritative version? Do we know if there are any discrepancies? etc.
      • Also, the reconciliation package has no dates for the votes.
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote appvoed 6-0-0 with Giorgio, ARB, Clinical SD, Organizational Support SD, John Roberts, and Jean voting:
    • TSC Mission and Charter Updates
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. ARB Definition of External Content
    2. ARB - Process for Evaluating HL7 Appropriate Projects
    3. Updated Informative Publication Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for BRIDG R4 at Project Insight 1310 and TSC Tracker 17739
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Issues with Withdrawal Process - Lynn
    2. ARB Definition of External Content
    3. ARB - TSC assignment to define how to handle HL7 Appropriate projects.
    4. Establish Task force to handle Board request for TSC to develop an agile, central set of standards
    5. Ballot Lessons learned: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/ARB/September+2018+Ballot+Cycle+Lessons+Learned
  1. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Archetype publication for CIMI
    2. Withdrawal template/state model proposal by ARB
    3. SAIF boilerplate language - ARB
    4. What do we do with the help desk?
    5. Scoping the content of the FHIR ballots
    6. Time limits for withdrawing negatives
    7. Definition of external content
    8. Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR
    9. WG Health task force
    10. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    11. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    12. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    13. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    14. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    15. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    16. Interest/User Groups
    17. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • Lynn here. Bryn here to discuss CQL.
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-09-10 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin to work with Lynn/Dave on time limit for withdrawing negatives issue
      • Austin discussed with Lynn and will be following up with DAve
    2. Austin to 1) ask Steve to hold off presenting newsletter in Baltimore and 2) invite CIMI cochairs and Steve to next week’s call. Send ARB comments from e-vote.
      • There has been communication back and forth with CIMI cochairs. Instead of joining us, they’ve chosen to simply withdraw the PSS at this point. Steve has been told to not circulate the newsletter. Floyd: There’s an immunization piece that he presented to CQI that is part of it as well. Austin: At this point the project is rejected by TSC, the chairs have withdrawn the project, and will revise and resubmit. No further TSC action on this at the time being.
    3. Paul to communicate issues identified by TSC on the CIMI Analysis Normal Form (ANF) Project and ask the WG to make updates
      • Carry forward
    4. Melva to communicate with BR&R regarding improper disposition issues in BRIDG R4 reconciliation package
      • Melva has received an updated version.
        • ACTION: Anne to re-send to e-vote
    5. Anne/John to communicate ARB's proposed edit of Wi1805003 to GOC
      • Complete
    6. Ken to send his proposed change to GOM update 09.02.07.06 to GOC
      • Complete
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. STU Publication Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: Clinical Quality Language, Release 1 at Project Insight 1108 and TSC Tracker 17883
      • Referred by ARB: On the standards grid (official reference to standards), CQL is published as a pdf. The publication requests complete replacement of http://cql.hl7.org, which currently has a web version of STU 1, Release 2. How are we linking that with the Standards Grid? Which is the authoritative version? Do we know if there are any discrepancies? etc.
      • Also, the reconciliation package has no dates for the votes.
        • Lorraine: Seems like the web version is the most up to date version. How are we handling publishing those and relating them to what’s on the standards grid? Need to circle back with publishing to make sure we have the right processes in place. Austin: How do we know that the cql.hl7.org will be a static version? Lorraine: They do have a landing page with the current versions and what’s published. Austin: Lynn, are you aware of this request and how they were planning on web-based publishing? Lynn: They send me the content and I push it out there. With the new one, I would publish the link rather than the PDF document. Lynn explains the mechanism for gathering comments. Would need to let her know where they want their comments gathered. Bryn: It should probably still go through the STU comments on the website rather than the FHIR tracker.
          • MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Floyd
            • Floyd: There was the additional comment about the dates for the decision making. Bryn reports he found the minutes and added dates to an updated reconciliation package that he will upload.
          • AMENDED MOTION to approve pending the updated reconciliation package being uploaded: Lorraine/Floyd
          • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote appvoed 6-0-0 with Giorgio, ARB, Clinical SD, Organizational Support SD, John Roberts, and Jean voting:
    • TSC Mission and Charter Updates
    • ACTION: Anne to post
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Issues with Withdrawal Process – Lynn
      • Lynn: The withdrawal process used to be that it would go to the WG and then to the TSC. Then we decided to put it out to cochairs for 30 days, and that was ineffective. Then we decided to make it a withdrawal ballot. The first case that came up was withdrawing an STU that has expired. Balloting seems excessive to withdrawing something like that. We may not want to be so formal as another ballot for withdrawals for some types of standards. Lorraine: The withdrawal ballot seems non-controversial for a published normative document. Austin: Everything else could be TSC approval.
        • MOTION to approve the withdrawal ballot process for published normative specifications: Lorraine/Ken
          • Jean: When we tried to withdraw V3, the WG said yes, we should withdraw this. Then it went out for 30 days and cochairs pushed back and we decided not to withdraw it. Even on an expired STU it might be useful.
        • VOTE: All in favor
          • Lynn notes that we have the withdrawal of an expired STU currently on the table. Confirmation that it should be sent out for 30 day review as described by the current process.
    2. ARB Definition of External Content
      • Tony reviews definition with the group. It’s when the ballotable artifacts are substantially developed externally outside of HL7 calls and meetings. Austin asks to clarify what “creation” means in this context. Wayne notes that it should be clear that any one of the three bullets at the top of the page make the content considered external. Reviewed ARB suggested wording to be adopted by TSC. Discussion over how this applies to Da Vinci and Argonaut.
        • ACTION: Anne to send to TSC e-vote once the clarifications are made
    3. ARB - TSC assignment to define how to handle HL7 Appropriate projects.
      • The ARB reviewed the request and the HL7 BAM, and recommends that the TSC implement the Section 1.1 of the Bam:
      • https://confluence.hl7.org/display/ARB/ARB+-+TSC+Assignment%3A+HL7+Appropriate+Projects.
      • How to communicate decision to the HL7 at large
        • When there’s a new methodology or methodology, TSC should make a recommendation as to whether or not the organization should proceed. Wayne asks about when you don’t know that a project is going to lead to a new methodology or product family. Discussion over recent instances in which this arose. Wayne: Maybe we should list the cases in which this doesn’t need to be done. Might raise the question for things that fall in a gray area. Lorraine: This would clarify the trigger for when to apply it.
          • ACTION: ARB to continue to refine what does or doesn’t trigger this assessment
    4. Establish Task force to handle Board request for TSC to develop an agile, central set of standards
      • Deadline for plan is November. Need to get a task force going – has been delayed due to the messy ballot cycle. Austin will ask the board for some extra time, hopefully extending to the January WGM. Discussion over what this means.
        • ACTION: Email Austin if you’re interested in being part of the task force. Could include others not on the TSC. Should have representation from each of the project families.
    5. Ballot Lessons learned: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/ARB/September+2018+Ballot+Cycle+Lessons+Learned
      • For review
  6. Adjourned at 12:01 pm Eastern




Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.