2018-09-24 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-09-24
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Clinical Infrastructure Administrative Organizational Support
x Melva Peters Regrets Russ Hamm . Austin Kreisler . Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-09-17 TSC Call Agenda
    4. Homework before WGM
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin to continue to communicate with Dave/Lynn on time limits for withdrawing negatives
    2. Paul to communicate issues identified by TSC on the CIMI Analysis Normal Form (ANF) Project and ask the WG to make updates
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7-0-0 with Administrative SD, Giorgio, Clinical SD, ARB, John, Organizational Support SD, and Jean voting:
    1. ARB Definition of External Content
    2. ARB - Process for Evaluating HL7 Appropriate Projects
    3. Updated Informative Publication Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for BRIDG R4 at Project Insight 1310 and TSC Tracker 17739
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Ballot Naming/GOM Update Proposal at TSC Tracker 18292
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Recommendation from SGB to recommend that TSC not move forward with the methodology component of the RDAM project
    2. Dissolution of International Mentoring Work Group
    3. JIRA ballot communication and test plan - Jean
    4. Review WGM Agenda
  1. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Archetype publication for CIMI
    2. Withdrawal template/state model proposal by ARB
    3. SAIF boilerplate language - ARB
    4. What do we do with the help desk?
    5. Scoping the content of the FHIR ballots
    6. Time limits for withdrawing negatives
    7. Definition of external content
    8. Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR
    9. WG Health task force
    10. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    11. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    12. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    13. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    14. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    15. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    16. Interest/User Groups
    17. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • No visitors
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-09-17 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
    4. Homework before WGM
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin to continue to communicate with Dave/Lynn on time limits for withdrawing negatives
      • Carry forward
    2. Paul to communicate issues identified by TSC on the CIMI Analysis Normal Form (ANF) Project and ask the WG to make updates
      • No update yet. Will be discussing at WGM – several CIMI projects need to be updated.
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. Recommendation from SGB to recommend that TSC not move forward with the methodology component of the RDAM project
      • SGB came to the conclusion that diving into such a broad methodology project is not something we should pursue at this time based on analysis and surveying the methodology groups. Feedback was limited but not supportive. Lorraine notes people also need to know that the FHIM hasn’t been officially brought into HL7.
        • MOTION that, in light of the lack of broad support within the HL7 methodology community for the development of an overarching methodology, we recommend that we do not proceed with the RDAM methodology project: Paul/Jean
        • VOTE: All in favor
          • ACTION: Paul will notify CIMI at the WGM. Austin will communicate to the broader audience.
    2. Dissolution of International Mentoring Work Group
      • MOTION to accept the request for dissolution: Ken/Sandy
      • VOTE: All in favor
    3. JIRA ballot communication and test plan – Jean
      • Will start the week after the WGM. Will be a pilot on the January ballot. Austin notes it is a short ballot cycle; reviewed proposed testing schedule. Discussion over which projects are part of the project. Jean reports it will be some FHIR projects – implementation guides, etc. Austin asks when training of balloters starts – that needs to happen rapidly. Lorraine: We’re going to have to start training at the same time as testing. Austin: There will have to be clear communication to the relevant ballot pools. Discussion over whether there’s a spreadsheet backup. A risk would be having to go back to ballot if the pilot fails. Paul: What if we do a non-ballot ballot to exercise the process. Floyd: The problems may arise when non-technical people are trying to use the ballot. Jean: We are drafting people to test who have never used JIRA and are non-technical. Discussion over block voters being able to generate a report for review as it is currently difficult to review what’s been submitted. Jean will notify cochairs of progress at the cochair dinner. Austin: Need to engage the organizations doing block voting early to prepare them. Melva: And at least one affiliate.
    4. Review WGM Agenda
      • Reviewed TSC agendas for WGM. Lorraine: We do need to discuss how to handle CIMI issues even though we’ve decided against the management group for now. Added agenda item. MK notes we often miss discussing the architecture and tooling update because we run out of time.
  4. Adjourned at 11:57 am Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.