|HL7 Structure & Semantic Design Steering Division Conference Call Minutes
Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270
|Date: Wed Nov 10, 2010|
Time: 12:00 - 1:00 PM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5)
|Facilitator||Gregg Seppala||Note taker(s)||Gregg Seppala|
|X||Gregg Seppala||S&SD Co-chair|
|X||David Staggs||Clinical Context Object Workgroup|
|.||.||Clinical Decision Support|
|X||Hans Buitendijk||Clinical Statements|
|X||Gary Dickinson||Electronic Health Record|
|X||Kathleen Connor||Financial Management|
|X||Hans Buitendijk||Orders & Observations|
|X||Keith Boone||Structured Documents|
|Quorum Requirements Met: Yes|
- Agenda review and approval
- EHR: Electronic Nutrition Care Process Record System (ENCPRS) Functional Profile Project Insight #706, Project Scope Statement
- EHR: Public Health Functional Profile Project Project Insight # 704, Project Scope Statement
- SD: Self-Displaying CDA Documents PRoject Insight # 711, Project Scope Statement
- CCOW: Information item
- Approve agenda
- Discussion: CCOW requests adding a short informational item
- Motion: Hans/Keith Approve revised agenda. Vote: 6/0/0 (for/against/abstain)
- EHR: Electronic Nutrition Care Process Record System (ENCPRS) Functional Profile
- Discussion: (1) The project plan states that other HL7 work groups involved in administrative, clinical and departmental messaging are "other interested parties" yet there is no provision made to involve them even though the functional profile is ready for ballot. (2) The project scope discusses terminologies (IDNT, LOINC, SNOMED) but functional profiles do not address terminologies. (3) The project plan calls for balloting in the January 2011 ballot cycle but the project plan is only now being considered by the steering division.
- Motion: Keith/Kathleen Send the project scope statement back to the work group for changes including: clarify, or better yet, remove references to terminologies in the Project Scope, add missing sponsoring group approval date to section 1, add missing reference (URL) to project document repository in section 1.f, clarify proposed relationship to other HL7 projects. Vote: 5/1/0
- Note: The steering division and the TSC must approve the project scope statement before the ballot opens which means that the TSC must approve by November 22. The steering division will conduct an email ballot on a revised project scope statement if it receives it by November 14.
- EHR: Public Health Functional Profile
- Discussion: (1) This functional profile is being balloted as Informative while the nutrition functional profile was to be balloted as DSTU. (2) The 'Public Document' box is checked. The meaning of public document has been the subject of intense discussion in the TSC recently. If the intent of checking this box is for the resulting document to be available at no charge to non-HL7 members then that may conflict with current HL7 intellectual property policies. This needs to be clearly understood by all involved. (3) Need to add missing reference (URL) to project document repository in section 1.f.
- Motion: Hans/Gary Approve project scope statement with addition of missing reference to project document repository. Vote: 6/0/0
- SD: Self-Displaying CDA Documents
- Discussion: (1) Since the realm is 'universal' references to US health information exchange should be removed from project need section. (2) The document is missing the required DSTU implementers. (3) The document is missing the reference (URL) to the project document repository. (4) The document is missing the sponsoring group approval date.
- Motion: Kathleen/Keith Approve project scope statement with addition of missing information. Vote: 6/0/0
- CCOW Information item
- CCOW work group has decided to reballot v1.6
- Motion: David/Keith Move to adjourn Vote: 6/0/0
- Adjourned < 1:05 pm EST>.
|Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2010 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.