T3SD WGM-20130506

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to Agendas and minutes

Attendees

Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
Patrick Loyd Education
Bill Braithwaite Electronic Services
Lorraine Constable (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
Regrets Ken McCaslin Electronic Services
X Nat Wong Electronic Services
X Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
Rita Scichilone Process Improvement
X Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
X Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Daus (Board Liaison) Publishing
Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
X Sandy Stuart Publishing
X Andy Stechishin (Board Liaison) Tooling
Michael Van der Zel Tooling
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes - April 22 (Deferred)
  4. Administration
  5. TSC meeting Report -
    • TSC is instituting metrics for “mid-tier management” to include Steering Divisions and the TSC. T3SD needs to develop SWOT statement, update DMP, etc. same as Work Groups do. TSC also discussed ballot measurement metrics, low number of ballot comments and quick publication may not equate to quality ballot; TSC will be conducting further analysis. John commented there is often a lengthy debate about a ballot comment; it would be good if there was a way to capture this and “publish” (perhaps include in final publication so implementers are aware of cogent decisions that influenced the final standard product. Nat comment FHIR resources are using committee notes field to document how decisions were made. Freida suggested an additional column might be added to excel spreadsheet to capture; limitations on cell size may be resolved in later Excel releases (e.g. 2010).
  6. Discussion:
    • What can other WGs do to help your WG and conversely, what can your WG do to help other WGs?
      • John introduced agenda topic. Andy commented some WGs have well defined “service” role (Publishing, Education, and Tooling) and we have cross-WG interaction (Tooling and Publication for example) but interrelatedness of other groups in T3SD not so clear. Freida commented the original composition did not include some of the WGs now members of T3SD, some requested to join T3SD because they were not originally assigned to a SD (PIC for example).
      • Diego commented Tooling, Education, and IMC might be able to collaborate in the future to provide support for new affiliates, e.g. to bring them up to speed. Andy commented we don't want to compete with HL7 members and have to be sensitive to this. Tooling's work is external and internal; for the number of artifacts produced the level of consistency is higher than some SDOs, in part to quality checks provided by tooling.
      • Diego commented that Kenya is interested in a central repository of patients; all we can do now is say quote here are standards. Potential new affiliates also go through a process to establish their country as an affiliate. Nat mentioned that the Australian Electronic Services committee is exploring the concept of an "Affiliate in a Box" to simplify the process for new affiliates.
      • Andy commented some of these issues are addressed by the TSC; also there is some cross pollination to other work groups when individual chairs multiple Work Groups. Some Work Group's mission is crosscutting for example Project Services. Nat commented awareness of what else is happening in HL7 in his case is filtered by the "Australian view". John a comment perhaps there is not a formal solution but an informal one. Andy commented formal solution may be through the TSC via a bubble approach. Diego commented up another possibility is to establish liaisons with other Work Groups. John stated his concern is that IMC never receives input from ITS, MnM, OO, etc. so how to liaison with these Work Groups is not clear. The Marketing Work Group is down to one member; its membership seems to grow then wane; marketing is not part of a Steering Division. Andy commented the BAM may help address some of these concerns. John stated he (IMC) feels siloed; with the family approach should help break down the silo isolation“. John stated his take away from this discussion is to continue to ask "what can IMC do to help?" And to outreach beyond T3SD; he will be more proactive about asking how the IMC can help those he comes into contact with.
      • Diego commented IMC may be more interactive by asking other Work Groups to help for example requesting help From Tooling and Education. Nat commented Australia is looking at providing open source infrastructure; perhaps this will result in artifacts that could be package to create education packages for example "role of his SDOs”.
      • General conclusion was to continue networking informally and think about how to promote formal liaisons when appropriate.
  7. Discuss schedule for WG calls next trimester; Continue same schedule, may be issue for ES to participate but will monitor and if needed change schedule next trimester.
  8. Action Items: Future agenda – T3SD SWOT. Evaluate DMP; can we accept written reports? This would be helpful to ES they are having some challenges with coverage.
  9. Adjourn - 8:50 p.m.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.